What is to become of Daniel Thomas? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is to become of Daniel Thomas?

Da GODfather

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With Reggie Bush running the way he did last season and the edition of Lamar Miller, what do you guys think will happen with Daniel Thomas?

Me personally, I think that if he stays healthy, can be a REALLY good running back. In the limited time he did see action, he showed some good flashes. He has a good burst, nice speed and never seemed to go down on the first hit. Most times it took multiple tacklers to bring him down.

Do you think that Philbin's new system will be good or bad for Thomas?

Does anybody think he might end up on the trading block sometime this season and if so, what do you think we could get for him?

I don't think he goes on the trade block at all this season. If so, I doubt we could get more than a 5th seeing as he's very unproven. Like others have mentioned, if Miller becomes the back most of us think he can, the FO could very well let Bush walk after this season. That would leave Miller and Thomas as our 2 backs. And if that's the case, I think we should keep them both around. Most teams have 2 backs these days.

He will be fine, he is a different type of running back compared to Bush and Miller. He is the big back they need to compliment the skills of guys like Bush and Miller.

Gezzzz, freaking wait til the preseason games before you start damning someone with faint praise and then asking how much we can trade him for.

This is disfuntional mental masterbation.

Gezzzz, freaking wait til the preseason games before you start damning someone with faint praise and then asking how much we can trade him for.

This is disfuntional mental masterbation.

Did you even read my post or just skim through it? I think Daniel Thomas is a hell of a back and deserves praise. You make it sound like I want him traded, which I most certainly do NOT. I hope he doesn't end up on the trading block, was just curious what everybody else thought and if he might end up there, what we might his value might be.

Relax... go get some more lube or something gezzzz

Did you even read my post or just skim through it? I think Daniel Thomas is a hell of a back and deserves praise. You make it sound like I want him traded, which I most certainly do NOT. I hope he doesn't end up on the trading block, was just curious what everybody else thought and if he might end up there, what we might his value might be.

Relax... go get some more lube or something gezzzz

Am I hurting you or do you simply like more lube? Should I go slower?

maybe, just maybe, your post mentioned that you wanted to know his trade value. read your own post better.

The defenses will have hard time preparing for the running game this year. So long as the OL stays consistent.

He will be fine, he is a different type of running back compared to Bush and Miller. He is the big back they need to compliment the skills of guys like Bush and Miller.
I envision this as well. He's the between the tackles guy that we need with Reggie and Lamar as the home run hitters.

Did you even read my post or just skim through it? I think Daniel Thomas is a hell of a back and deserves praise.

Thomas deserves praise for what?
Being a huge disappointment last season,He had ZERO rushing tds last season should we praise him for that?
Should we praise him for having a 3.5 yard per run average?
Should we praise him for having a 3.0 yard per carry average after his first 2 games?
Should we praise him for having a chronic hamstring problem going back to the senior bowl?
Not sure where you saw Thomas "never goes down on the first hit" people would blow on him last season and he'd go down
As for good burst...WHEN?
I SURE HOPE WE DIDN'T WASTE 2 DRAFT PICS FOR THIS GUY!

Thomas hit the wall in every way shape and form last year - now we'll see if there is any jam in those thighs - if there is - he will be asked to be your 4th quarter closer - that is - if we have the lead

IMHO..Thomas is still on scholarship this season. He has shown a couple of flashes. But..I think he will go on the list of guys that never panned out.
Hopefully I am wrong and he can show some promise of being something more than a short yardage or change of pace back.
With Bush as our primary back, and Miller showing all kinds of ability, DT will probably be an afterthought. Just my .02

He should be better in the zone blocking scheme cause that's what he ran in college. He seems like he's running with more authority and speed than last year. I know Sparano was nervous about Thomas's hesitation last year and rightfully so. He will get his fair share of carries in the preseason so we will soon find out. Hopefully he will be healthy so there are no excuses. Either way I say we keep him for the short yardage situations and give the home run threats a breather. You can never have enough good backs, especially with Reggie's injury history and Miller fresh off shoulder surgery.

I would extend BUSH and not trade ANYONE. BUSH had a great season last season, but he got "dinged" in Game 15 if I remember correctly. That means that IF the last game was key, and/or if MIAMI made the Playoffs, BUSH wouldn't have been there for us. As to DT, he tried to "tough out" a minor hamstring injury with the result that it was a problem for him all year.

What would a second "scatback" or a 2nd power HB have meant last season? Simple: it would have meant that the rushing game wouldn't have missed a beat. HBs get injured all the time in this League. I/m/o, if you end up having TWO each of "scatbacks" and power HBs, you keep them ALL, pay them well, use all of them, and thank/praise the Lord.

Honestly I hope we get a chance to trade bush for something. His value will probably never be higher than it is now

Back
Top Bottom