What is Tua's trade value if... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Tua's trade value if...

I like a front office/coaching staff that stays quiet and doesn’t do fan and media service. They all should work like that. These guys are professional liars, which is totally fine with me because they constantly walk the tightrope of undermining the franchise with even the smallest slip of the tongue. Just draft, sign, and release the right guys, and produce wins, and I could care less what rhetoric they choose to feed us.

who in their right mind would give a first for Tua?
maybe we can send a 3rd or 4th round pick to the Jets for
Darnold so as to provide competition.

id wager the saints as most likely and they’d probably end up making us look foolish for it

We seem to do that with high first round qb picks we dump

I know one thing I want the Miami gm job if I can keep moving the draft pick qb accountability needle back and keep my job
Grier has done some good things but I will never give him a pass on his drafting abilities or lack of them. But since we just went 10-6 he has bought himself some time.

This isn’t a new gm or head coach. They bought this qb together if I was Ross and someone told me we were done with him after a year after saying this is the kid we ride with id tell em pack your **** I’m done with you too.

it sounds interesting but I’d put the odds at nil. More likely they are blaming health (rehab isn’t strength and conditioning) and poor offensive scheme fit for a year at least. and I’m sure lack of weapons plays into it too.

BTW, I think it was flagrant BS for Grier to make a declaration that 'Tua is our QB next year'.
If Miami sees a guy they like better, or a trade situation falls into their laps like what the DeShawn Watson situation is, and they move on from Tua then they prove themselves as liars.
"We look at every option available to improve our football team" is how you answer that question.
If we get through FA and the draft and Tua is our QB, then Tua is our QB.
The Dolphins didnt owe Tua a 'pat on the back' that might turn out to be a lie, anyway.
Weird thing to be mad over

This isn’t a new gm or head coach. They bought this qb together if I was Ross and someone told me we were done with him after a year after saying this is the kid we ride with id tell em pack your **** I’m done with you too.

it sounds interesting but I’d put the odds at nil. More likely they are blaming health (rehab isn’t strength and conditioning) and poor offensive scheme fit for a year at least. and I’m sure lack of weapons plays into it too.
Great point.

I think more than anything Gailey's conservative play calling was a huge issue. He didn't open up the playbook unless Miami was behind and let Tua rip it. Tua also seemed hesitant to play to his recievers jump ball strengths. The short passing game and lack of a consistent run game, hurt the offense overall. To me there is a mix of bad and good. Not sure what trade value the young man has. Lets see what Miami does, there could be a slight chance the could take another QB.

a third would be the most they could get. he has little value after last season.
Rosen was traded for a 2nd and he had an absolutely terrible rookie year. Trent Richardson was traded for a 1st and he averaged 3.6 y/c and HB is a lesser position compared to QB.

I think more than anything Gailey's conservative play calling was a huge issue. He didn't open up the playbook unless Miami was behind and let Tua rip it. Tua also seemed hesitant to play to his recievers jump ball strengths. The short passing game and lack of a consistent run game, hurt the offense overall. To me there is a mix of bad and good. Not sure what trade value the young man has. Lets see what Miami does, there could be a slight chance the could take another QB.
From what I've read/comprehended the offense was built for Fitz ...
Tua needed to absorb the offense that Fitz knew like the back of his hand ... I could be way off so feel free to school me

Having said that is it possible Tua was showing enough progress that he replaced Fitz? Maybe
Could it be that DC's saw his limitations and since he was in a new system with not enough experience his play calling was limited? Fitz could audible could Tua :shrug:

Like I said I could be way off but something doesn't add up

Tua would at best get us a 2nd and at worst a 3rd as it stands right now. Their is no FO in the league that would give us a 1st. Not even a late 1st. As soon as we pick the phone up and call a team and say would you do a trade for Tua? We lose some leverage right then and there. The other team would be skeptical right away.

who in their right mind would give a first for Tua?
maybe we can send a 3rd or 4th round pick to the Jets for
Darnold so as to provide competition.
Real NFL GMs who know more about Tua than you people here pissing and crying because he only went 6-3 with a high 60% passing completion rate and more than double the TD to INTs.......with 4th-7th stringers....less than a year from a career threatening injury.....that's who

Back
Top Bottom