What is Tua's trade value if... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Tua's trade value if...

It's difficult for me to believe we had an offense that can put up points because our defense would keep the game close enough for a game manager play script .... that's your opinion ... mine is they didn't expect Tua to play so they designed an offense around Fitz's strength (jump balls to tall receivers) when Tua showed enough progress they put him in to manage the underneath stuff with a toss or two to the tall guys (as long as they were on the left side of the field) ... the injuries depleted what hope at WR we had as well as the run game when DC's caught on to Tua's game they adjusted to underneath coverage with blitzing ... Tua wasn't ready for the onslaught .... the offensive team's weaknesses were exposed and it was game over for us .... the defense couldn't keep up with all the 3 and outs ... long season fighting the entire way ...

I could be way off
actually teams stopped blitzing because Tua was burning them. They started dropping 8 in coverage because our skill players are garbage and we have no running game.

My question is what did folks expect from a rookie QB with our circumstances? If you would have told me the Dolphins would win 2 games without Parker this year I would have said you were nuts regardless of opponent and that’s with Fitz. The offense needs upgrading period. I think all this arm strength crap is bullshit too. Our WR’s can hardly catch his passes imagine if we had somebody who really drilled it in there. 9 games is not enough to make a fair assessment. Tua has a history of improvement, let’s see if that happens.

Is this gonna be 4 months of Draft QB don’t draft QB. If so that sucks! Is there anything else to discuss? Then If we don’t 5 more months of should have drafted QB? Then of course overreactions to Fields or Wilson having a good preseason game. Fun fun!

My question is what did folks expect from a rookie QB with our circumstances? If you would have told me the Dolphins would win 2 games without Parker this year I would have said you were nuts regardless of opponent and that’s with Fitz. The offense needs upgrading period. I think all this arm strength crap is bullshit too. Our WR’s can hardly catch his passes imagine if we had somebody who really drilled it in there. 9 games is not enough to make a fair assessment. Tua has a history of improvement, let’s see if that happens.
36 td he need.

bust since he no throw 36 td and win us super bowl

Should we just keep drafting a QB in the first round until they light up the fantasy football world in their rookie season even though the team wins few games? Is that the plan? Something tells me we’d be doing that for years.

They aren’t trading him but if they were I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than 2 first round picks and a second. He will be a top 10 QB in the league within 2 years and that is what top 10 QB’s are worth at a minimum.

They aren’t trading him but if they were I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than 2 first round picks and a second. He will be a top 10 QB in the league within 2 years and that is what top 10 QB’s are worth at a minimum.
Well then that’s that, we’re all good then

Hrrrm is it at all possible other GMs would look at our running game and skills positions in off and CG and think, if they actually give him even one skill player he may be alright.

If any GM bases Tua’s ability on that very average offence Tua had, they’d be no different to some finheaven fans who believe Tua had great skill players around him and a great OC and he’s just average at best. Don’t think every GM will be assessing Tua like that. Tua will defo get a 1st rnd pick from one franchise who are QB desperate and don’t have a high enough pick to get one in this draft. But he’s probably staying although I’m not as convinced as I was a week ago.

I agree, I got bashed for arguing it in another post. He never said 2021, the beat writers added that. He said Tua is our starter which right now he is. He also said he wasn’t going to tak about draft preparation when asked if they’d consider a QB in the draft. I think they stand by Tua, that’s my opinion, but I don’t believe there was any definitive declaration about the 2021 season. That’s just me.
I agree...I don’t think they’ve had those meetings yet...there is much scouting to do and final evaluation.

I don’t think any smart GM would make such a proclamation prior to completing the above!

Miami wanted Fields or traded for Watson but Houston didnt want Tua in the deal?

Im leaving my opinion/like-dislike of Tua out of my initial post.

From a 'cold, hard facts' analysis, what could Tua fetch?

We'll never really know, because it will never happen.

Is this gonna be 4 months of Draft QB don’t draft QB. If so that sucks! Is there anything else to discuss? Then If we don’t 5 more months of should have drafted QB? Then of course overreactions to Fields or Wilson having a good preseason game. Fun fun!

havent you read some of the experts here? according to their analysis, Gesicki and Parker were the problem.

BTW, I think it was flagrant BS for Grier to make a declaration that 'Tua is our QB next year'.
If Miami sees a guy they like better, or a trade situation falls into their laps like what the DeShawn Watson situation is, and they move on from Tua then they prove themselves as liars.
"We look at every option available to improve our football team" is how you answer that question.
If we get through FA and the draft and Tua is our QB, then Tua is our QB.
The Dolphins didnt owe Tua a 'pat on the back' that might turn out to be a lie, anyway.
It may or may not be true, but I would not call it a lie.
Just pre draft misdirection. We will see a lot of “lies” from teams

havent you read some of the experts here? according to their analysis, Gesicki and Parker were the problem.
Whether Parker and Gesicki were the problems or not they’re our best skill players. I hope that’s not the case next year.

Back
Top Bottom