What is Tua's trade value if... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Tua's trade value if...

There's absolutely no reason to move on from Tua in 2021 no matter who Miami acquires. Even if Tua doesn't improve a lick (unlikely), he'll look better with legitimate supporting talent, so his trade value is likely at an all-time low after playing with one of the worst supporting groups in the league.

I don't believe Watson is actually available.
I’m sure the Texans don’t want to let him go...but if a player wants out bad enough do they have much choice?

Tua's trade value dropped enough it's not worth exploring. Greater chance he rebounds and booms than anything you could get in that range.

But since his value dropped you've got to sense the reasons and reality of that yourself, meaning it should not be closed door to another high quarterback.

Again, watch the playoffs then try to convince yourself that it's perfectly swell to play check the box. Wow, we got a tackle. Look at our new receiver. Then two years from now Tua turns out to be exactly what he is now. You're stuck. All the nifty pieces acquired 2-4 years ago are toward the end of their contract and looking around.

I pushed for Tua for two years. But the third pick has to be understood for how rare and valuable it is. If Wilson or Fields are there and the franchise is very high on them, that needs to be the pick. The Dolphins should evaluate those two guys as if they don't have Tua at all. That lends to clarity.
Absolute 100% agreement. The smart choice @3 is definitely QB. For a multitude of reasons. Previously detailed.
And bottom line -- seems 100% either Fields or Wilson will be there. Slightest chance BOTH if jets go Sewell.

I may be wrong about this, but I find it hard to believe if reporters where right that Ross would let this happen. From what I remember he even went to Few Bama games to see Tua for himself. And like I’ve said if I’m the owner and you pick a QB with the fifth pick in the draft. And within a year you admit you where wrong, and two other QB’s where taken after that in the first round. And you are planning on a trade for a veteran or using the third pick this year I’d fire you and hire someone else to get it right.

I may be wrong about this, but I find it hard to believe if reporters where right that Ross would let this happen. From what I remember he even went to Few Bama games to see Tua for himself. And like I’ve said if I’m the owner and you pick a QB with the fifth pick in the draft. And within a year you admit you where wrong, and two other QB’s where taken after that in the first round. And you are planning on a trade for a veteran or using the third pick this year I’d fire you and hire someone else to get it right.
Yes. Been saying this all over this board. Grier would be committing professional suicide by moving on from Tua after 10 games. Especially since he didn't take Tua because it was a huge need and he was the only QB. Grier chose him over Herbert. He just can't admit that the pick was a unmitigated disaster. He will go down with the ship.

It's difficult for me to believe we had an offense that can put up points because our defense would keep the game close enough for a game manager play script .... that's your opinion ... mine is they didn't expect Tua to play so they designed an offense around Fitz's strength (jump balls to tall receivers) when Tua showed enough progress they put him in to manage the underneath stuff with a toss or two to the tall guys (as long as they were on the left side of the field) ... the injuries depleted what hope at WR we had as well as the run game when DC's caught on to Tua's game they adjusted to underneath coverage with blitzing ... Tua wasn't ready for the onslaught .... the offensive team's weaknesses were exposed and it was game over for us .... the defense couldn't keep up with all the 3 and outs ... long season fighting the entire way ...

I could be way off
I think they knew Tua was going to play but when our BYE week got switched from week 11 to week 8 I believe then it kind of threw the whole plan out of whack. I'm sure the offense was designed at the beginning for Fitz but people act like you can't install a thing or 2 to fit Tua. The guy started 9 games. That's over 2 months worth of him starting. You don't think over 2 months time they didn't try to reassess and fit the offense around him a little better? I get it you're in the middle of the season theirs only so much you can change but over 2 months time people think they didn't try to change anything? That's hard for me to buy.

We need trade back for Rosen! He will get all people excited, he 6’4 big arm and tall man!

He definitely pushes the ball downfield better than Tua...but Tua is pretty content on check downs

Unless Ross is the one that made the call.

You can't have it both ways.

What's Ross going to say? "I'm firing you because you didn't try hard enough to stop me from making a bad choice"?

These threads are pointless because there is no QB available better than Tua. You can talk about the draft and players who have potential, but 1 year ago Tua was one of the best college football QB prospects in a decade. I don’t believe any member of our organization plans to write off a 22 year old kid who played in 9 games a year removed from a life changing surgery. Even though he struggled at times he ended the season healthy. An outcome much better than Burrow who showed flashes, but ended up on IR after destroying his knee. I will add in that there is pointless chatter about Watson every year, but there is no chance Houston trades him. His value to their franchise is more than any one team will ever give up draft pick wise.

I remember a LOT of people not being very high on Tua. A would say a 3rd round at most you can get for Tua.

Back
Top Bottom