What is your current age? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your current age?

My wife has also told me we aren’t getting on a plane until the Covid situation is much better.After 48 years with her, I’ve learned she is right far more than I am. So we will be waiting to get on a plane and travel anywhere. LOL

Last edited:
I'm so old I remember when there were none of the millennial "the world owes me a living" children fooling around.

They are easy to identify, they have trouble spelling words containing more then two letters - LOL

Youth and ambition
can always be defeated
by old age and treachery - LOL

Try using your spell checker, it'll tell you if you have been cursed - LOL

Too easy - Haha
I don’t know about you but I hate autocorrect when I type on the computer or my IPad, I will be typing along and when I go back to reread what I have written, the autocorrect has changed my words to something completely different than I know I originally wrote. It drives me nuts.

I don’t know about you but I hate autocorrect when I type on the computer or my IPad, I will be typing along and when I go back to reread what I have written, the autocorrect has changed my words to something completely different than I know I originally wrote. It drives me nuts.

You went back and checked your work.

Congratulations, you are not a millennial! - LOL

My wife has also told me we aren’t getting on a plane until the Covid situation is much better.After 48 years with her, I’ve learned she is right far more than I am. So we will be waiting to get on a plane and travel anywhere. LOL
That member lives there 72

Brother INTUAITRUST is Hawaiian

Not sure he cares for all the tourist :bye:

You went back and checked your work.

Congratulations, you are not a millennial! - LOL
I had some really tough English professors in college and I learned real fast to check and recheck any written work I turned in. Unfortunately the professors usually still found an error or two no matter how many times I checked my work.

I had some really tough English professors in college and I learned real fast to check and recheck any written work I turned in. Unfortunately the professors usually still found an error or two no matter how many times I checked my work.

Do you think they may have been on one year prove it contracts?

That member lives there 72

Brother INTUAITRUST is Hawaiian

Not sure he cares for all the tourist :bye:
I think I have spent so much time there over the last 20 years, I qualify as a part time resident and not a tourist. Yet I know that true Hawaiians wish we would all go back to the 48 and leave the islands to the real Hawaiians. I really can‘t blame them but I just love Hawaii.

Last edited:
The first time we went to watch the sunrise on the mountain it was in March. The previous day it had been in the 80’s by the water and I didn’t even think about how cold it would be on the mountain. We got to the top at around 4:45 am and I was in shorts and a polo shirt. I stepped out of the car and I thought we had been transported to Alaska. It was 29 degrees and the wind was blowing at least 15 miles an hour.
We remained in the car with the heat on until the parking lot started filling up and decided we needed to find a good spot to view the sunrise.

I have been to Alaska twice and used to go skiing in Colorado. I have been in below zero weather a number of times over the years. Yet that nearly 45 minutes I spend outside on the top of Haleakala waiting for the sun to rise is by far the coldest I have ever been In my entire life. After that first time time watching the sunrise we now make sure we pack a jacket, long pants, gloves and we take blankets from the condo with us when we visit the mountain to watch the sun rise.

‘My wife and I have stayed on all the main Islands over the years and even taken a 2 week cruise from San Diego that went to all the Islands. We just fell in love with Maui and that has been the Island we have been going to for over a decade. Of course we visited Oahu because we wanted to visit Pearl Harbor and climb up Diamond Head like every tourist does that travels there. I was severely disappointed in Waikiki Beach by how crowed it was and how little beach there was based on what I expected. Yet there were a lot of beautiful beaches on Oahu when you get away from the city and drive around the Island.

‘’Like you though, I found Oahu far too crowded and too much a tourist based island. This makes it far less relaxing for me. Especially because it can take you well over an hour and a half to travel 10 miles if you are trying to get from one side of Honolulu to the other side at the wrong time of the day.
‘They have some of the worst traffic jams I have every been in because there is one main road and everyone seems to be on it at the same time.

Just sitting here writing about Hawaii makes me want to get in a plane and fly there. Yet I don’t see us going until at least this fall or winter at the earliest. In the past we have only traveled to Hawaii sometime between the end of February to the end of June and we stay a month at a time. This way I was always in Miami for football season and if we travel anywhere during hurricane season, we never go anywhere that is more than a 12 hour drive away. Just in case we have to return quickly if a hurricane is headed toward South Florida and we have to get back to secure our home and the outside of our property.

This year might be the first time we travel to Maui during football season if we decide to travel there in October or November. Yet as much as I can’t wait to go back to Maui, waiting until February might win out because I just can’t imagine missing 4 games next season while we are away. Of course I would record the games while we are in Maui but that’s not the same as watching the game while it’s happening.
Last time there, there was a Phins primetime home game. I was up at 2 am to watch it, the wife thought I was crazy. She has since confirmed her suspicions...

I was really unsure whether to post this or not.
I'm really glad I did. Knowing how diverse in age we are says a lot about this beautiful site.
I thought someone would get offended but it looks like we are all interested 😃
It's a GREAT thread, for many reasons! :UP:

That's great, I swear I thought I was arguing with a bunch of teenagers at times 🤣

I'm 34, been a fan since the 90's..I always tell my friends they can't call me a bandwagon Dolphins fan since they haven't won sh*t in my lifetime lol

Many years of misery and disappointment but I refuse to lose hope.
Kinda like arguing with your Father or Grandfather, feel bad now I bet? :chuckle:

I'm 56 and have been a fan since 1971. The first time I watched the Dolphins was in the Super Bowl loss to the Cowboys. I loved the uniforms! I grew up wearing the Dolphins Letterman jackets and Dolphins hats everywhere I went.
Favorite all time Fins - Larry Csonka, Troy Stradford, Dan Marino, Zach Thomas, Dick Anderson, Jake Scott, Richmond Webb, Dwight Stephenson, Jim Langer, and my favorite person related to the Dolphins is Coach Don Shula.

When I retire in a few years I'll be moving close enough to visit Dolphins games and practices and plan on making it one of my primary hobbies.

Back
Top Bottom