What is your current age? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your current age?

I’m 55 and have been a fan since 1971. I wanted a football uniform when I was a kid and picked the Dolphins because I loved their helmet and the team was great. I’ll never forget it. The uniform came with an aqua #22 jersey (Mercury Morris). Of course he became my favorite player.

31. Both of my parents have been fans since childhood. I have been since I was old enough to pay attention to the game. Still remember laughing and dancing at my uncle, a die hard Cowboys fan, at the family Thanksgiving gathering in ‘93. Living in upstate NY, I see them play Buffalo most years. I have also seen a handful of games in Miami. My favorite game was in Miami vs NO and Marino threw his 400th TD pass. Years ago on college vacation in Panama Beach, FL I saw an older man with Dolphins attire sitting at the bar that looked like a ex-football player. We talked with him a bit and it turns out he was on the 72 team and was even wearing the SB ring. He let me wear it and in the excitement I never really found out who he was. I will have to find the picture one day and investigate (on a digital camera SD I believe).

I'm 60, and became a fan back in 1970. Being north of Philly, I rarely got to see the Dolphins on TV; only when they played a team from this general area or playoffs. I had to be content with watching other games just so I can see the score and the occasional highlight of the Fins game. In the 90s I subscribed to the Dolphins digest for info, but it usually came a week late! I wasn't able to see Miami play on a weekly basis until 4 or 5 years ago when I found several streaming sites. However, that was not ideal (and some sites messed with my computer) so for last season I went and paid for the NFL Game Pass.

You know what really sucked? Being a huge Marino fan, yet only getting to see him play a couple of times per year if and when the game was televised in my area. I attended my first NFL game a few years ago (Fins at the Eagles), and to be honest, that was my last game. I didn't care for the live game environment at all. Far too many stupid, rowdy people in the crowd, and I'm allergic to stupid. I get a better view of the action watching at home, and I don't have to pay $16 or so for a beer and a slice of pizza!

I wanted a football uniform when I was a kid and picked the Dolphins because I loved their helmet...
The Dolphins were winning and popular in 1970 when I started watching, so they became my team. And, my #2 and #3 teams (at the time) were the Raiders and the Patriots because I loved their helmets. I thought that Minuteman logo was cool! Of course, as I grew up I've become strictly a Miami fan.

I'm 31, and yes as you can tell I joined this sight 15 years ago at the wee little age of 16.

I grew up watching the fins with my father with my favorite players being Zach Thomas and Chris Chambers. Joined in 2006 when I became super hyped about the Culpepper signing believing that we would be the first team to host the suberbowl for home field advantage (f*** Tom Brady).

I have definitely grow. Much more wiser over the years in all things football thanks to this sight. I mostly Read but every once in a while I'll go on a posting spree that hopefully shows my ever increasing understanding of the game.

Thanks for the years of fin news!

I ask this to see who I am talking with.
A lot of people on here know so much about this team. It leaves me to believe we have an abundance of middle age people like myself.
I'm 48 going on 37 years as a Dolphin fan.
I'm a day older than yesterday and today is the first day of the rest of my life.

I'm 5* and became a fan the day Don Shula was hired (was 8). The news of it caught my eye and have been a loyal fan ever since.

Went to my first live game in the orange Bowl in 1972. We beat the Patriots 52-0

I turn 50 this month. The first game I remember watching was the 41-38 Chargers Dolphins playoff game in 1981. I was hooked for life.

Back
Top Bottom