What is your current age? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your current age?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I ask this to see who I am talking with.
A lot of people on here know so much about this team. It leaves me to believe we have an abundance of middle age people like myself.
I'm 48 going on 37 years as a Dolphin fan.

I ask this to see who I am talking with.
A lot of people on here know so much about this team. It leaves me to believe we have an abundance of middle age people like myself.
I'm 48 going on 37 years as a Dolphin fan.
57 years old...been a fan since 1972 (age 8), when I attended my first home game at the Orange Bowl...

The only team in Florida when I gained interest in football in 1970 .... Have been a fan since. Grew up poor with hardly any TV and no sports enthusiasts around me during childhood. I've been a fan for 50 yrs.

I am 65.

I just turned 50 years young 10 days ago. I started following the Dolphins "around" 1976ish.

As a very young kid I would wake up early on Sunday's before my parents got up and somehow stumbled onto and fell in love with football on TV. Specifically the Dolphins. Which was always looked at as odd by friends and family since I was born and raised in NorCal.

I don't recall the exact moment or game, but my best guess was MIA was playing in the 1st game I saw and I liked their colors/uniform. Whatever it was that drew me in, I quickly became immersed and obsessed with it. I watched every game no matter who was on locally. Luckily MIA was on TV in my local area quite a bit back in those days because they still were a marquee franchise. As long as their game didn't conflict with the Raiders there was good chance I'd be able to see them.

My parents fully indulged my Dolphins love and obsession and took me to my first ever game in 1979. Dolphins v. Raiders on MNF at Oakland Coliseum.
We lost 13-3. And I cried like a baby. Which has continued to this day, unfortunately.

Growing up in NorCal and also during that era, it sure wasn't easy to locate Dolphins merchandise. The Sears catalog was one of the only ways to get anything. And it was even harder to keep up with news on the team until I discovered the world wide web and Webcrawler in 1992. Satellite and DirecTV coverage became prevalent around the same time and I've rarely missed a game since. Though there's plenty I wish I had missed.

57 years old...been a fan since 1972 (age 8), when I attended my first home game at the Orange Bowl...

Never got to attend a game at the famed stadium, but I did visit it before it was ultimately torn down.

I attended my only Dolphins home game in 1995. But have seen them play in person all over the West Coast. In SF, OAK, PHX and SEA.

41 from NJ and one of the only female members on here. I don't post much anymore because of that fact, but I've been a die-hard since I was about 7. My dad was/is a Jets fan and I loved watching football with him. The Jets/Dolphins rivalry always sparked him. For fun, I'd root for the Dolphins, but then I fell in love with Dan Marino (yes, he was my crush as a 7 year old girl), and the rest is history. I know more about football and the Dolphins than most men, but not everyone takes a female fan seriously.

41 from NJ and one of the only female members on here. I don't post much anymore because of that fact, but I've been a die-hard since I was about 7. My dad was/is a Jets fan and I loved watching football with him. The Jets/Dolphins rivalry always sparked him. For fun, I'd root for the Dolphins, but then I fell in love with Dan Marino (yes, he was my crush as a 7 year old girl), and the rest is history. I know more about football and the Dolphins than most men, but not everyone takes a female fan seriously.

I guess being the only girl can be hard, but don't let it make you not post. Anyone worth their salt will take you serious.

Obviously its 100% your choice though I don't mean to be pushy =]

I just turned 50 years young 10 days ago. I started following the Dolphins "around" 1976ish.

As a very young kid I would wake up early on Sunday's before my parents got up and somehow stumbled onto and fell in love with football on TV. Specifically the Dolphins. Which was always looked at as odd by friends and family since I was born and raised in NorCal.

I don't recall the exact moment or game, but my best guess was MIA was playing in the 1st game I saw and I liked their colors/uniform. Whatever it was that drew me in, I quickly became immersed and obsessed with it. I watched every game no matter who was on locally. Luckily MIA was on TV in my local area quite a bit back in those days because they still were a marquee franchise. As long as their game didn't conflict with the Raiders there was good chance I'd be able to see them.

My parents fully indulged my Dolphins love and obsession and took me to my first ever game in 1979. Dolphins v. Raiders on MNF at Oakland Coliseum.
We lost 13-3. And I cried like a baby. Which has continued to this day, unfortunately.

Growing up in NorCal and also during that era, it sure wasn't easy to locate Dolphins merchandise. The Sears catalog was one of the only ways to get anything. And it was even harder to keep up with news on the team until I discovered the world wide web and Webcrawler in 1992. Satellite and DirecTV coverage became prevalent around the same time and I've rarely missed a game since. Though there's plenty I wish I had missed.
I turned 36 eleven days ago.

Was born the year after our last SB appearance and assume I'll die the year before our next.

Back
Top Bottom