What is your greatest draft day fear? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your greatest draft day fear?

I believe we can set him up by next year. If we can’t with all the picks and cap room we are ****ed if we drafted Joe Montana.i see your point but we should be able to secure protection in two years but after all it is the Dolphins we are talking about

Both of you make a ton of sense. Tua is a wasted pick if we can't protect him and Grier, with our stockpile of picks and ample cap space, would have **** the bed if we haven't fielded a solid oline by 2021.

My biggest fear is that the most influential person for the Dolphins poor talent evaluation the past 15+ years is entrusted with rebuilding the same franchise.

TO me, the fear isn't a draft day fear. It's the same nightmare we've had for multiple years where three years later, we find we drafted poorly. I trust in Flo and Grier though so I don't see that happening.

This is where i'm at with it. If they trade up for a player, i'll know it's because they've done the research and really like the guy. Now, ireland did that for Jordan and absolutely blew it, but I feel better about our GM and coach right now. They at least have a better sense for the type of character that translates to football acumen. If they pass on a QB altogether, i'll assume they were not totally sold on anyone and decided to be patient. As others have said, we have plenty of needs, so not like if we don't get a QB right now, we are gonna miss our SB window or something.

Now I have two fears. My biggest fear is that a team ahead of Miami, like Washington or Detroit falls in love with Tua and drafts him leaving Miami holding the bag. Now, after reading various reports about Miami being linked to certain running backs, my second biggest fear is Miami might actually take a running back in the first round.

Now I have two fears. My biggest fear is that a team ahead of Miami, like Washington or Detroit falls in love with Tua and drafts him leaving Miami holding the bag. Now, after reading various reports about Miami being linked to certain running backs, my second biggest fear is Miami might actually take a running back in the first round.
I pray we don't sign a rb to a big contract. That aside, Rickys first 2 years with us out of NO were pretty special. If Gordon comes in and drops 1800 yards no-one is going to bitch at whatever the cost.

I pray we don't sign a rb to a big contract. That aside, Rickys first 2 years with us out of NO were pretty special. If Gordon comes in and drops 1800 yards no-one is going to bitch at whatever the cost.
I would bitch. Running back production doesn't necessarily correlate to winning. Christian McCaffrey just put up MVP type numbers this past season and Carolina ended up with the same record as Miami. I wouldn't sign a big ticket free agent RB to a contract and I wouldn't draft one in the first round. I just feel so strongly that RB is easiest and least important position to fill on the entire offense. It just doesn't make sense in a pass happy salary cap era of football to allocate extensive resources to the RB position.

I would bitch. Running back production doesn't necessarily correlate to winning. Christian McCaffrey just put up MVP type numbers this past season and Carolina ended up with the same record as Miami. I wouldn't sign a big ticket free agent RB to a contract and I wouldn't draft one in the first round. I just feel so strongly that RB is easiest and least important position to fill on the entire offense. It just doesn't make sense in a pass happy salary cap era of football to allocate extensive resources to the RB position.
Again, I don't want to spend money on a rb FA. But if FloCo does and they go for 1800 yards next season, you would bitch??? Well I guess there's always one.

Again, I don't want to spend money on a rb FA. But if FloCo does and they go for 1800 yards next season, you would bitch??? Well I guess there's always one.
1800 yards and what else ? A 5-11 record? Yeah I'd bitch. I don't give a flying f**k how many yards someone runs for. Like I said, it doesn't translate into winning.

Another point I'd like to make is, I believe if my offensive line is good enough, I really don't need one guy to rush for 1800 yards. I would rather pay two or three guys a total of say like $6 million than to pay big money to one high priced running back. New England has done that for years. The 49ers tried to pay two different guys big money at the RB position but ultimately rode an undrafted free agent running back who was cut by six different teams all the way through the playoffs and Super Bowl.

1800 yards and what else ? A 5-11 record? Yeah I'd bitch. I don't give a flying f**k how many yards someone runs for. Like I said, it doesn't translate into winning.
We were 9-7 when Ricky ran for 1800 yards. That was with fielder and Lucas as starting qb!!!! Give even fitz an 1800 back and we are in the playoffs. Now add that back to our team with 100M and 14 pick and you don't think it will translate to wins??? That is an extraordinary obtuse stance.

That the Jets draft all my favorite players and go on to win multiple Super Bowls while coach whatshisname becomes a legendary Hall of Fame coach.

Top that.

Back
Top Bottom