What is your greatest draft day fear? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your greatest draft day fear?

You don’t need elite WR’s either as evidenced by this group. You can’t compare NE as Brady chose to be underpaid for years. The Chiefs followed the stud QB route, SF the great D and game manager QB and Philly? Wentz was having an MVP season until he went down.

You can win a few ways. But Henry put Tennessee on his back and did well until the 4th qtr of the AFC Championship game. As for a stud RB. Seeing how badly we have whiffed in late 1st round picks such as Harris, Misi, Odrick, etc... I would take 4-5 years of elite production then worry about that 2nd contract. We already know we aren’t worried about giving those other guys one.

Drafting running backs early is bad value and bad asset management.

Mine is that we trade up for a guy who might never even be healthy enough to play a regular season NFL down. We would lose the ability, because of the trade up, to make up for losing Tunsil and wind up with another season of terrible offensive line play, still completely unable to pressure the other team's QB, or cover RBs out of the backfield.

On a side note; do you think "if he's good enough to take at #5, he's good enough to lose our #18 and second round pick to secure." ?
mine is cable goes out

Having a QB drafted in the 7th round win multiple Super bowls for another AFC east team

That the Bengals draft Chase young at pick 1 because they need to stop Lamar Jackson twice a year.
Then the Dolphins have all three QBs there at pick 5 . And run the clock out because they don’t know who to pick. And we have Mel Kiper offer to be our GM, the rest of the draft .

Drafting Love at any position would be a disaster and is my biggest draft day fear. It's not just because I'm not a fan of "athletic" QB's. It's because he's going to need an infrastructure that's already in place. That's why Mahomes ended up being successful. Do you think if Mahomes were drafted by the Dolphins that he would have fared well? Hell no he wouldn't. Teams like Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, and possibly Las Vegas would be much better landing spots for him. Let some other team take that risk with him.

2 fears, they draft Tua, they trade valuable picks to move up to grab Tua, or anyone frankly. Like free agent shopping sprees, the data says trading up doesn't work and this team has way too many holes to be wasting picks moving up. Tua is never going to survive an NFL season. He's been hurt repeatedly at the college level where his team enjoyed quantitative and qualitative advantages at nearly every offensive position, including the OL, against nearly every opponent.

This will not be the case in the NFL. He's broke bones in his throwing hand twice. Had 2 ankle surgeries, a major hip displacement and thigh and hamstring issues that have occurred during the season, in camp, during off-season workouts. He can't stay healthy and let's be honest, it's difficult to evaluate guys like Tua because everyone around him is a high level NFL prospect.

Jeudy and Ruggs are super-elite prospects. His 3d receiver Devontae Smith will be a first rd pick next year too. And history tells us quarterback evaluations are often ludicrously inaccurate, the top prospects are seldom the best players. Having said that, if they draft Love with their second or third pick they'll be fishing the bodies of Dolphins' fans out of Biscayne Bay as they drown themselves.

Since there's gonna be no fans there I'm worried I'm not gonna follow what's happening if they dont pipe some booing through the speakers every time Goodell talks

That the planet is hit by a rogue meteorite and plunges us into mass destruction or I'm stuck on the toilet with no paper while the Phins are on the clock. Both would equally be catastrophic...

That the planet is hit by a rogue meteorite and plunges us into mass destruction or I'm stuck on the toilet with no paper while the Phins are on the clock. Both would equally be catastrophic...
The toilet paper thing could be entirely possible. Are all of the stores sold out in Florida like here?

Worst fear is not drafting TUA at #5 don't want to trade up or back and I sure hope a team don't move ahead of us and draft him. He's the face of the franchise. Don't worry about injuries that's part of the game the guy can Ball that's what counts and you want hear about him doing something stupid in the News a Stand -Up Guy.

If Rosen was on Alabama or LSU this past year as a 22 year-old senior (his actual age) Jeff be a top 5 pick because his team would've won 12-13 games. LSU and Alabama had 10-15 top 3 round picks and the QBs always look better than they are. There great no doubt but Tua had 2 first round WRs to pass to plus Smith against college secondaries. He even had at least 3 first round OLs blocking for him. It's all relative. Look at Tannehill on a very good team (Titans), he leaf the league in passer rating for God's sake while everybody thought he was a bum when he was here.

Football is a team game. If there convinced on Tua, grab him, I personally prefer Simmons or Brown or whoever they think is the best OL. You can grab Love, Fromm, Eason, or even Hurts later. (Yes Gutters had s chance because he's a winner and can run, much like Jackson, Watson, Wilson, Mahomes, and Rogers)

My only fear is the Dolphins getting cute and bypassing the QB position entirely in round 1.

They can do literally anything else, including drafting Herbert or Fromm in round 1, and I can at least talk myself into it. I'm a long term Dolphins fan, so talking myself into questionable stuff in the name of hope is what I'm best at.

But if they decide to let this golden opportunity for a QB pass them by completely, I just wouldn't know what to do with it. That would be lunacy.

If we skip a QB in the first round, we should make sure that we add more draft assets for 2021. Right now, I think our draft picks next year are likely to be in the mid-teens, but Houston's are definitely going to be top-10. Two first, two seconds, and a later pick or two should be enough to move into the top two for either Lawrence or Fields, who are at least as good as any of the QBs in this year's draft.

Back
Top Bottom