What It All Means . . | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What It All Means . .

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now that we have had a couple of days to late the anger out and evaluate the trade let's think clearly. Here are my thoughts about the trade after some retrospection. I'd like to hear yours as well:

1. Hold Wanny and Speilman Accountable:

The free ride should be over. If Feeley is a bust than both of those gentlemen should follow him out the door.

2. Keep Fiedler:

I'd like to replace him too, but when you gamble with a guy like Feeley you had better have a plan B or we could be throwing the entire season away.

3. Give Sage a fair shot:

It's time to figure out if Sage can play or not. Some teams don't have to trade for a backup, they just promote the one they have developed.

4. Get serious about the O-Line:

If we are playing Russian Roulette with the QB we better be able to run the ball and protect the QB. No matter what you think about AJ, he's no Michael Vick and is going to need some strong play in the trenches.

5. Nab one of the top receivers in the draft:

The deepest postion in the draft is receiver and we could get a top 10 calibur talent at 20.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Now that we have had a couple of days to late the anger out and evaluate the trade let's think clearly. Here are my thoughts about the trade after some retrospection. I'd like to hear yours as well:

1. Hold Wanny and Speilman Accountable:

The free ride should be over. If Feeley is a bust than both of those gentlemen should follow him out the door.

2. Keep Fiedler:

I'd like to replace him too, but when you gamble with a guy like Feeley you had better have a plan B or we could be throwing the entire season away.

3. Give Sage a fair shot:

It's time to figure out if Sage can play or not. Some teams don't have to trade for a backup, they just promote the one they have developed.

4. Get serious about the O-Line:

If we are playing Russian Roulette with the QB we better be able to run the ball and protect the QB. No matter what you think about AJ, he's no Michael Vick and is going to need some strong play in the trenches.

5. Nab one of the top receivers in the draft:

The deepest postion in the draft is receiver and we could get a top 10 calibur talent at 20.

This is spooky...I like the way you think. I say we package all of our 5th round and above picks and see if we can get a high second or two 3rds for them and use them on the O-line, simply because FA O-lineman aren't very impressive.

I'm not sure we need to package the later picks. If we lose Ogun and get a 1 and a 3, we should have enough picks to help the Oline.

Anyone know if Dixon is coming back?

Anyone know if Dixon is coming back?

As far as I am concerned, even if he does come back he should only be a backup... way too injury prone.

Originally posted by Oboy

As far as I am concerned, even if he does come back he should only be a backup... way too injury prone.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you, but when he is healthy he is pretty good.

I suppose the best strategy is to hope for, but not count on Dix.

I wouldn't count on Dixon for more than a few games. And can you keep a player on the roster who would only be able to spot fill? I don't think they have the roster spots to keep Dixon, as great as he is when he's healthy.

Re: Re: What It All Means . .

Originally posted by phins054

This is spooky...I like the way you think. I say we package all of our 5th round and above picks and see if we can get a high second or two 3rds for them and use them on the O-line, simply because FA O-lineman aren't very impressive.

Wow i thought just the oppisite. I think Oline it the strongest market for free aganets this year and WR best class for drafting. There are at least 7-10 lineman better than the incumbants we have now. Stinchcomb, Jeno James Donelly just to name a few.

Back
Top Bottom