What it took the Browns to "Turn It Around" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What it took the Browns to "Turn It Around"

No it didn't!

It started when they created their first giant draft of 12 picks. That was 2015.

Don't let the 0-16 W-L fool you, they were 3-13 in 2015 an 1-15 in 2016. That should be bad enough to signal the start of a rebuild, even for a Dolphins fan - LOL

The real identifier for a rebuild is stripping a team down and creating a giant draft. To save time and effort I limited myself to looking for the giant drafts.

For the Browns, this started in 2015 with a draft of 12 picks, followed by 2016 with an even larger draft of 14 followed by 2017 with a draft of 10 picks, so you can see they were rebuilding long before 2016. They just did not have much success early in their rebuild, Unlike the Dolphins - like it or not - LOL

Yes I am laughing at you for not seeing this when it was as plain as in "the nose on your face" - LOL

Please note this is the third time I've explained why their rebuild started in 2015 - If you can't see it by now, I don't think anything will help you - they only make corrective lenses so big and even then that doesn't help the blind - LOL
That’s not part of a single rebuild. The people involved in rebuilding the Browns in 2015 and 2016 got fired because their rebuild effort failed.

So which Coach on the Cleveland equation is Flo? Surely not Stefanski.
Probably Mike Pettine in terms of their W-L record.
They are doing better only because they have been rebuilding for years with top 5 picks, year after year. Eventually they were bound to hire the right GM and HC who could get that talent to play better.
If that were true, wouldn't the Dolphins also "bound to hire the right GM and HC who could get that talent to play better". - LOL

Wait a second, wait a second, didn't that happen last year with the dolphins?

Maybe a little less overstatement and "common knowledge" and a focused (as opposed to a F***** u*" evaluation of what is going on that is different this year than last year will "bear fruit.

We have a different OC
We have a totally new OC system
We have lost a lot of vets from last year
We have resigned players "ahead of schedule"
We will have played some of the toughest teams in the league in the first 5 games.

Based on these points, almost everything points to the Offensive coaching.
Losing so many vets at the same time could easily cause things to "unravel" on the field of play.
"Paying players" (as if they had been making minimum wage) often is followed by a drop off in play, and this would affect our better players.

These actions may have created a "perfect storm" for causing exactly what we are seeing on the field.

I hope the FO & coaching staff realize this and take some short term and a lot of long term actions to correct this. I fee it will take the rest of this season and a big part of the beginning of next season before we are fully recovered from this disaster.

For the first time in a long time we were expecting some level of excellence that we have not, as fans, been able to see or appreciate in a long, long time. This alone may explain the "knee jerk" negativity shown by the fans the last few weeks.

I don't think anyone on this forum knows "who can do what" as coaches or GM's, so I will continue to use their overstated, under brained remarks full of hyperbole and "false news" as a source for responses that will offer me the fun and relaxation that our football games don't.

We improve and I'm happy.
We win and I am happy.

When we lose, a segment of the fanbase will provide for me levels of absurdity that I will have some fun with.
Not as good as winning but when life gives you a bunch of lemons - hmmm, I need to re-think that one - LOL

That’s not part of a single rebuild. The people involved in rebuilding the Browns in 2015 and 2016 got fired because their rebuild effort failed.
Prove it.

If that were the case, why didn't their drafts get bigger. Maybe they just ran out of money for that sort of thing. I wonder if the new coaches and GM's made as much money as their predecessors?

Let me know what you FIND OUT.
Your opinions are weak on logic and long on "it is because I said it is". Try digging into the facts - you may actually find something very interesting.

I may not agree with some of the specifics, but your bolded point is reasonable. I would add every team with a long-term losing record is in some stage of rebuild whether it's admitted or not. Personally, I don't like "rebuild" - it seems to carry with it a sense of certainty ('I'm rebuilding my house.'). I'll not give my 'takes luck' sermon here, but, to me, these attempts by teams are more like recovering from a failed relationship. I'll likely try a number of times before I find Ms. Right - fail, but keep trying. Try until luck gives some assistance.
All the above means Mia may HAVE TO "start all over again." Maybe not. In spite of the sky-is-falling crowd, all the evidence isn't in. what fans have doesn't look optimistic, but it doesn't guarantee failure. The problem is so many of us have witnessed failure for so long, we can see it 10 out of 9 times.
The real question is, when did the rebuild begin.

Many posters here seem to be confusing that with when did the rebuild end, then they go back the number of years they think it should take and say" "here is where it started.

Saying things like there were rebuilds and then more rebuilds is an exercise in meaninglessness. There are seldom any significant changes (outside of some good luck) that can be pointed to, with the exception of creating a large draft. It takes some time and capital to do that, which means it represents a concerted new effort as opposed to continuing and repeated old efforts.

That's why I used the beginning of the creation of large drafts as the beginning of their rebuild. I've looked at all the replies to this thread to date, and have seen nothing to contradict my choice for the beginning of the Browns rebuild. There were some attempts, but the posters involved either couldn't add or they couldn't make a case that is better then the one I've detailed.

You're forgetting that other teams don't blow draft picks like the Browns though (except the Dolphins). It takes most team 2-3 years to rebuild, get rid of old FA contracts, dead money, and older players. If they picked the right QB and a few other key positions, paired with the right coach, they're usually competitive sooner than 6 years.

FYI - the Browns have been in a rebuild waaaaaaay longer than 6 years. More like 4 decades really. They are not the organization that we should base our progress off of.
Actually this Cleveland Brown organization only started in 1999. The previous Browns organization relocated to Baltimore in 1996 and that original Browns team has had a lot of success since moving to Baltimore, Including winning the SB twice and appearing in numerous playoff games since 1996.

So this Browns organization has only been rebuilding for the past 22 years and not for the past 4 decades.

Actually this Cleveland Brown organization only started in 1999. The previous Browns organization relocated to Baltimore in 1996 and that original Browns team has had a lot of success since moving to Baltimore, Including winning the SB twice and appearing in numerous playoff games since 1996.

So this Browns organization has only been rebuilding for the past 22 years and not for the past 4 decades.
Great post splitting hairs about stuff that's irrelevant. I was being sarcastic. But if we are going to split hairs, their rebuild has spanned over 4 decades, so Im not wrong.

I have just have to add this as my family originates from Akron, OH just south of Cleveland and it was sort of hilarious that The Browns moved to Baltimore and won a SB the very next year. It has to be a curse. I think the Browns have been through every bit as much turmoil and disappointment as the Dolphin fans. Only diff is, The Browns are good right now and we still suck going on year 21? How is it possible to suck for 21 years?

Great post splitting hairs about stuff that's irrelevant. I was being sarcastic. But if we are going to split hairs, their rebuild has spanned over 4 decades, so Im not wrong.
They are two completely different organizations but if it makes you feel better being right, okay you’re right. Feel better now?

Back
Top Bottom