What Kansas City has to offer... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Kansas City has to offer...

Well atleast not for 3rd string QBs :fire: Sorry its stupid to bring that up now but I just couldnt hold it.

I think we are getting theyre second this year and also one of their 5th rders.

Every wants a 2nd this year. This is a fact. But what I dont understand is that some of you are willing to take a 2nd NEXT YEAR, which is equivalent to a 3rd this year... SCREW THAT! Ill take a first next year, and thats it. When Kansas City is at best 7-9 next year, and we have a top 15 pick, you'll see! (just a pipe dream btw)

LostInPatsLand said:
The Chiefs are likely to find someone else without giving up a second for Surtain. Don't forget the June 1st cuts.

I still think that KC is in the middle right now of a duel between the fins and Surtain's agent. I've seen this stuff happen for years between Drew Rosenhaus and the fins.

The Chiefs can't afford to wait for the leftovers come June 1st. The only real option they have is Law and his broken foot. In comparison to signing Surtain the Chief's #2 is basically worthless. In Carl's 16 years we have gotten two decent players in the 2nd round: Reggie Tongue and Tim Grunhard. Not great players, decent. We are ok in the first and get lots of quality guys in the late rounds, but we are horrible, completely horrible, in the second. We have gotten a total of one probowl out of those 2nd round picks. There is no context between Surtain and another 2nd rouch reach that turns into a bust.

In addition, Carl is a stingy old man when it comes to signing bonuses and guaranteed money. He would not have agreed to the 15 million dollar SB/guaranteed money. He has known about Saban's conditions for the trade for the long time and he would have not put him through the agony of making out that contract if he wasn't serious.

Given that the Chiefs gave gone to the trouble of negotiating a long term deal, I think they have tipped their hand that they really do want Surtain. I expect we see the second round pick deal get done. If not, Saban can walk away.

I know that everybody is expecting us to pick up some pick from KC, but dont you think its possible for us to pick up a player from them. They have 5 solid OL that we could maybe pick 1 up. They have Johnson which might be possible for us to pick up. I think it could be possible for us to get a player and maybe a 5th.

What about taking the Chiefs Larry Johnson and their 4th round pick.

Larry is a first round RB, ran for 9 tds 4.8 yd average behind Holmes and Blaylock..

this allows the Fins to trade down without the pressure of having to get a RB on its first pick... Fins could pick up a 2nd round by moving down a few slots or pick another position with #2...

Sarcastro said:
The Chiefs can't afford to wait for the leftovers come June 1st. The only real option they have is Law and his broken foot. In comparison to signing Surtain the Chief's #2 is basically worthless. In Carl's 16 years we have gotten two decent players in the 2nd round: Reggie Tongue and Tim Grunhard. Not great players, decent. We are ok in the first and get lots of quality guys in the late rounds, but we are horrible, completely horrible, in the second. We have gotten a total of one probowl out of those 2nd round picks. There is no context between Surtain and another 2nd rouch reach that turns into a bust.

I'm sure Peterson thinks he can find a good draft pick in the second round that's worth more to the team than a great aging player with high cap value.

Sarcastro said:
In addition, Carl is a stingy old man when it comes to signing bonuses and guaranteed money. He would not have agreed to the 15 million dollar SB/guaranteed money. He has known about Saban's conditions for the trade for the long time and he would have not put him through the agony of making out that contract if he wasn't serious.

Peterson is obviously willing to pay top dollar for a quality player if he can get him for a fourth-round pick. He won't pay top dollar and give up a high pick for Surtain. No way. He's stingy when it comes to VALUE, not just money.

LostInPatsLand said:
I'm sure Peterson thinks he can find a good draft pick in the second round that's worth more to the team than a great aging player with high cap value.

Peterson is obviously willing to pay top dollar for a quality player if he can get him for a fourth-round pick. He won't pay top dollar and give up a high pick for Surtain. No way. He's stingy when it comes to VALUE, not just money.

Peterson gave away a first round #12 pick for Green not too long ago. He gave up a #2 for DV. He gave up a high round draft pick for McGlockton (sp) in the late 90s. He is just trying to work Saban down because he doesn't see a reason to rush since no other team has really jumped into the fray. Carl is not a rusher at all, and it has bitten us Chiefs fans quite a few times.

Again, Carl would not have bothered negotiating with Surtain if what you said is true. Anyone that really thinks Carl ever thought he could get Surtain for a #4 is bonkers. Carl sees himself as a tough SOB negotiator and acts accordingly. Hence, being a jerk and starting off the discussions with a 4th on the table. He will do what it takes to get Surtain signed.

Sarcastro said:
Peterson gave away a first round #12 pick for Green not too long ago. He gave up a #2 for DV. He gave up a high round draft pick for McGlockton (sp) in the late 90s. He is just trying to work Saban down because he doesn't see a reason to rush since no other team has really jumped into the fray. Carl is not a rusher at all, and it has bitten us Chiefs fans quite a few times.

Again, Carl would not have bothered negotiating with Surtain if what you said is true. Anyone that really thinks Carl ever thought he could get Surtain for a #4 is bonkers. Carl sees himself as a tough SOB negotiator and acts accordingly. Hence, being a jerk and starting off the discussions with a 4th on the table. He will do what it takes to get Surtain signed.

It's all speculation at this point; we'll see...

LostInPatsLand said:
It's all speculation at this point; we'll see...

Yeap, we won't know for sure until whatever actually is going to happen, happens. The Chiefs don't really have many other options right now. All the other really good CBs are gone. It is Surtain, Law, and then long way down at 3rd is Dyson. It is not likely that anyone better then Dyson will be released come June 1st, and the Chiefs can't afford to just sign another McCleon.

They have picks next year also, which I would gladly take. A 4th this year and a 2nd next year purhaps?

DonShula84 said:
They have picks next year also, which I would gladly take. A 4th this year and a 2nd next year purhaps?

I have been of the mind that I would rather do this then the 2nd this year, but I haven't heard much talk in the media about it being a possibility.

The Fins should get a second at minimum.If they took anything less,it would have to be another pick next year,say a 3rd..so..

A 3rd this year and a third next year would get it done,IMO.

Csonk3939 said:
The Fins should get a second at minimum.If they took anything less,it would have to be another pick next year,say a 3rd..so..

A 3rd this year and a third next year would get it done,IMO.

The major problem is that the Chiefs can't trade their 3rd. The news right now would be that the Chiefs offered a 3rd and the trade was already done or Saban said he wouldn't settle for less then a 2nd, if the Chiefs could trade their 3rd round pick they got for compensation.

Back
Top Bottom