What Kansas City has to offer... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Kansas City has to offer...

fsu_nole4life

The Game
Reaction score
OK guys, What exactly does Kansas City have to offer us for Surtain? I know they have their 1st and 2nd round picks. But if I'm not mistaken, don't they have ONE 3rd round pick, but they CANNOT trade it because it is a comp. pick. So if that is the case, all they have to offer is the 1st,2nd, and 4th. They wont offer the 1st and Saban wont take the 4th. Sooooo....All that leaves is the 2nd round pick right???

They also have 3 5ths I would squeeze them to the point they give up one of those also.

They have 11 picks including the compensation from the NFL.

3C

I think that's it atleast.

Correct. KC cannot offer us their #3. They can offer 2006 picks, however. That could be a compromise solution. I wouldn't be surprised to see us end up getting a 4th rounder this year and a 2nd next year, or something like that.

TheBostonBomber said:
please.........nothing below a 2nd..........i think a 2nd +5th would be perfect.

That would be ideal for both teams. I don't understand why the Chiefs don't fire on that trade.

phunwin said:
Correct. KC cannot offer us their #3. They can offer 2006 picks, however. That could be a compromise solution. I wouldn't be surprised to see us end up getting a 4th rounder this year and a 2nd next year, or something like that.

Totally agree. If they dont want to give us a 2nd this year then it will probably be a 4th this year and a 2nd next year.

IF, and I do stress the IF, we get KC's 2nd rounder then what position do you think we will look at spending it on. I guess it all depends on what we do with the 2nd , if we trade it or use it. I would personally take either Ronnie Brown with the #2 pick and then use the 2nd rounder on Matt Jones/Ernest Shazor if he is still there. Or take Braylon Edwards with the #2 and take the best RB available with the 2nd rounder.

IF we do indeed get that 2nd rounder. Braylon may be our best pick because he may be the best overall player(what Saban wants) and this draft is full of Running Backs and with a second rounder we could easily nab one with potential, thus opening an opportunity to draft Mcpherson or Greene in the 3rd

PHINSfan said:
Totally agree. If they dont want to give us a 2nd this year then it will probably be a 4th this year and a 2nd next year.

i just dont think i like that.......by all rights we should be gettin a first this year.....they should feel lucky to give up a 2nd to get a three time p-bowler on their horrible defense :fire: :fire:

Five bucks this whole thing was set up by Surtain's agent who wants to get as much money for Surtain as possible. KC feels they have nothing to lose if they give up only a fourth. They won't give up a second. They'll look elsewhere or wait 'till next year when Surtain is a free agent.

The best the fins can do is be patient and wait for Surtain's agent to blink.

TheBostonBomber said:
i just dont think i like that.......by all rights we should be gettin a first this year.....they should feel lucky to give up a 2nd to get a three time p-bowler on their horrible defense :fire: :fire:

Right has nothing to do with it. There is no entitlement in the NFL. If Saban thinks the team will be better off trading Surtain for a 2nd next year and 4th this year rather then keeping him he will do it. It doesn't matter how much he is worth. The only thing that matters is what will make the team better.

LostInPatsLand said:
Five bucks this whole thing was set up by Surtain's agent who wants to get as much money for Surtain as possible. KC feels they have nothing to lose if they give up only a fourth. They won't give up a second. They'll look elsewhere or wait 'till next year when Surtain is a free agent.

The best the fins can do is be patient and wait for Surtain's agent to blink.

The Chiefs have everything to lose if they don't sign Surtain. They have an offense that is made to win NOW. In a few years they will be rebuilding their offense and having Surtain won't matter near as much. If Saban doesn't cave Carl will. He is stingy, but he has a history of giving up the picks for players he feels the team absolutely needs.

Sarcastro said:
The Chiefs have everything to lose if they don't sign Surtain. They have an offense that is made to win NOW. In a few years they will be rebuilding their offense and having Surtain won't matter near as much. If Saban doesn't cave Carl will. He is stingy, but he has a history of giving up the picks for players he feels the team absolutely needs.

The Chiefs are likely to find someone else without giving up a second for Surtain. Don't forget the June 1st cuts.

I still think that KC is in the middle right now of a duel between the fins and Surtain's agent. I've seen this stuff happen for years between Drew Rosenhaus and the fins.

Back
Top Bottom