What KC fans think about the Surtain trade! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What KC fans think about the Surtain trade!

chub

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I went to one of there forums and there is dancing in the streets in KC tonight!
Last thread I went too had over 2500 views and over 100 responses 99 percent positive.

KC fans wanted Surtain really really bad. Kinda wish we got more for him but we needed the cap relief.

Now if and when Miami is eliminated from the playoffs I have no choice but to cheer for Surtain and the Chiefs!

Here is a link if anyone is interested http://www.chiefshuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=4658

I'm gonna cheer for Pat too. He's on my Dolphins honor roll for life.

**** happens, but now this trade gives us more power to trade down, wouldve liked a 2nd this yr and a 3rd or 4th next yr but w/e we needed the cap space better a 2nd rounder then releasing him and getting nothing.

They should be jumping for joy. They got Surtain for an incredible bargain.

it wasn't that much of a bargain i mean we did draft Surtain in the second round. So the way i look at it is we get back the pick we got him with and we always got to see him make some great plays for 7 years while helping our team.

MARINO1384 said:
it wasn't that much of a bargain i mean we did draft Surtain in the second round. So the way i look at it is we get back the pick we got him with and we always got to see him make some great plays for 7 years while helping our team.

true but if teams knew what he was to become he would have went in the first round

I know I'm gonna get royally flamed for this, but I feel like going to their boards and thanking them!

We get: $ 8 Million in cap space and a 2nd round pick
They get: $ 20 Million worth of knee problems and Defensive Holding calls for the next 4 years (until he has to retire).

I think we made out like bandits!

I'm a little suprised Nick Satan didn't lower his demand to a 4th this year and a 3rd next, I mean, we waited 2 months, to get pretty much the same deal

I'm hard pressed to say they got a bargain. If it was such a bargain, where were the other teams clamoring for the action and pushing the price up? It's the market -- as with Wale, it was quite limited. At least this year we got this taken care of quickly and it didn't drag on into camp/preseason.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I'm a little suprised Nick Satan didn't lower his demand to a 4th this year and a 3rd next, I mean, we waited 2 months, to get pretty much the same deal
Saban got what he wanted. Obviously your King(Carl) caved a bit.

Back
Top Bottom