What key veteran will get released? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What key veteran will get released?

TerryTate said:
Romero is a work in progress and they are very thin at DT...they'll want/need him.
I say Romero because I don't think he fits Saban's mold. I think Nick will be watching the June 1st wavier wire very closely.

id say romero cause hes not good
D Bowens cause of his cap hit
St Clair if he cant win a OL spot (which he wont @ LT or RT so really we have to hope he remembers how to play C from college days or time with St Louis.)

I don't think any of the guys listed are really keys other than maybe St. Clair. The person who mentioned him only suggested he might be gone if he doesn't win a starting spot. I don't see it even then, but he clearly wouldn't be a "key" in that case anyway...

David Bowens isn't a key -- he's quite possibly not even a starter these days.

Tim Bowens isn't a key -- nobody keeping up expects him to see the field.

Zgonina isn't a key -- he's much too small.

Romero isn't a key -- he's depth.

The only key vet I could see getting cut would be Seau, and that's very improbable. I guess Ricky could come back, get his debt excused, sign/play for the minimum, and suck so badly the team gives him his release. That's a longshot, too.

I disagree about Dario Romero..... he's young, has potential..... and he sure can pressure the QB. No he doesnt fit Saban's mold, but right now with Bowens and Chester falling apart, and only Zgonina and Vickerson to back them up; keeping Romero around is a good idea. Besides, any guy who's his age and can disrupt offenses with as little play time shouldn't be considered expendable depth. We all know how little he's played, but the guy was all over the place when he was in there.. I know has had atleast 4/5 sacks in the amount of playingtime that might equal up to about 2 full games.

I was Impressed, especially in Seattle (he's from Washington)

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I say David Bowens, Tim Bowens, Zgonina, Romero, and possibly one of our linebackers as well.

David Bowens is going nowhere. He's still our starter!:shakeno:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I say David Bowens, Tim Bowens, Zgonina, Romero, and possibly one of our linebackers as well.

We are NOT releasing 3 DT's ! Are you insane ?! That is one of our potentially weakest areas. I don't think as many players are going to get released as people think. Next year more will, but this year we simply did not add enough young talent to warrant a bunch of releases. I don't think David Bowens could be a victim of salary. Maybe Tim-Bo just because he can't play, but every year we count him out this time of the year because he simply is not a workout kind of guy, yet most years (except last) he ends up being there and a big help. I am one guy who believes Tim-Bo will be there despite reports. Perhaps Thompson gets released if Boston works out. He might be an expensive 4th WR. Other than those two I can't think of anyone else.

Waterboy said:
Lamar Gordon? or Donald Lee? Not keys either but possiblities...

Your signature - I don't know what Brown can do for me, but that picture below does a LOT for me. Nice ... very nice

Fin Fan in Cali said:

You would expect TimBo, Z, AND Romero to be cut?????? With Chester coming off two surgeries, who do you think will play DT????

TimBo may be allowed to retire after 6/1 with hoopla and fanfare but the others will, imo, be allowed to compete for spots in camp.

One thing in your favor, however, there was a quote this week from Saban where he said that after TimBo and Chester we had no true DT's. That doesn't speak well for Z and Romero.

Kevin Carter will start at DT. D.Bowens will start at DE. And Vonnie Holliday will see more time at DT and Roth at DE if Chester isn't ready or able to go at 100%.

It's very simple people.

MikeO said:
David Bowens is going nowhere. He's still our starter!:shakeno:

I doubt that.....we have Holliday and Roth that can be in a rotation at DE. Bowens could be a June 1st guy, because i doubt that we will keep him if we arent going to use him alot.

Back
Top Bottom