What made you a fan and why are you still here | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What made you a fan and why are you still here

chuck dezl

Club Member
Reaction score
I was a kid, i don't remember exactly how old... my grandparents moved somewhere in Florida and as a result, my dad jumped on the Marino bandwagon. Boom I'm a Dolphins fan!
We were from Michigan, i tried to like Barry Sanders, but somehow my dad always liked the dolphins better. I was all in.
Then we moved to Wisconsin. Packers sucked, don majkowski lol. Favre comes, wins a superbowl and whatever. I liked their receiver corps though. But all of a sudden my whole family is packer fans.
Now I'm stubborn, so only my uncle and i stayed die hard dolphins fans. My brother watches but likes the packers better, but for some reason i couldn't let go. Never even lived in Florida, I've visited a lot though.

So... here we are. What about you?

First game I saw on TV when I was little was the Dolphins playing Oakland. Probably liked the colors. A little while later, I found an NFL preview book that had Bob Griese on the cover.

Ever since then, the Dolphins were my team. As I got more into sports and into coaching, I liked the team even more because I developed such appreciation for Don Shula as a coach. I'm loyal. Poor play isn't enough to make me give up on my team. They'd have to do something really horrible for me to turn my back on them.

Just grew up with the Dolphins being the local team (nobody cared for the Bucs lol) but I really got to the point where I couldn't miss a game once we picked up Ricky. I was just flat out hooked and have only voluntarily missed 1 non-Cutler game since.

Native Floridian...as I was coming of age as a Dolphin fan, Don Shula came to the Dolphins....and I became a diehard lifelong fan.

I watched the Dolphin dynasty....the perfect team...back to backs...Bob Griese, Larry Csonka and the rest of that amazing team...I watch the greatness of Dan Marino.

I will never not be a Dolphin fan...I’m just praying they get it right this time.

I’m disappointed at Sunday...but not surprised...you can’t expect any success the way they handled the O-line this off-season.

I’m going to hold out hope this weekend was a bump in the road and not how bad it’s going to be for 15 more weeks.

If they do this right... this team is setup for good things in 2020 and beyond.

They clearly didn’t really care if Sunday was a loser... if they did they wouldn’t have done it the way they did.

Somewhere around 1970, my father was a Johnny Unitas fan... and we always ALWAYS picked opposing teams... besides the Dolphin reminded me of Flipper and I loved that show.

I'm still here because I never ever change teams... I may stop following a sport, but never a team.

First football game I ever saw was a Monday nighter between the Fins and Bills. Living in NY was insufferable because everyone around me were Jet fans.

Anyway I kept seeing this big dude on the Fins tuck the ball in his stomach with both hands and barrel through the line with his head. He did this the whole game racking up yards after yards. His last name on his jersey definitely matched his running style. Csonka! Reminded me of a word spelled out when Batman and Robin used to fight the bad guys and those words would pop up on the screen to give a punch or a kick effect like “boom, zonk, pow”

Then the QB for the Fins had short hair and rimmed glasses. All the other QBs like Stabler and Bradshaw all had foo Manchus and long hair while this guy Griese looked like an accountant playing football.

Was sold on that night. Nat Moore my favorite all time Fin and OJ runner up

Live in Eagles land but as a kid I remember seeing the Fins somehow they were on tv enough and became a Mercury Morris fan
Loved the number 22
Never stopped being a fan because the Eagles were extremely uninteresting in the mid 70's

Back
Top Bottom