What made you a fan and why are you still here | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What made you a fan and why are you still here

Marino...still here cuz I don't switch teams...I'll whine about my teams but I'm not a frontrunner fan...clearly

Lazy, so I'm copied from my profile:

"Been cheering for the Dolphins since Super Bowl 17, when a Steelers fan friend in elementary school told me that I should pick a team to cheer for, because it would make the game more fun to watch.​
The Dolphins are the only non New England team I cheer for.​
Family and friends are all Pats fans; after the last 15 years, I cheer for the Dolphins and whoever the Pats are playing. The Pats have moved to the top of my most-hated list ahead of the Yankees and Lakers. I'm chugging the Hater-ade!!!"​

Shula and Marinio says it all everything else after that has been window dressing.

From Buffalo NY and still live here.Marino was my childhood hero.Im loyal to a fault I guess and misery loves company

My father was a Dolphin fan so I grew up one...

Why am I still here...I don't know any better.

I was a kid, i don't remember exactly how old... my grandparents moved somewhere in Florida and as a result, my dad jumped on the Marino bandwagon. Boom I'm a Dolphins fan!
We were from Michigan, i tried to like Barry Sanders, but somehow my dad always liked the dolphins better. I was all in.
Then we moved to Wisconsin. Packers sucked, don majkowski lol. Favre comes, wins a superbowl and whatever. I liked their receiver corps though. But all of a sudden my whole family is packer fans.
Now I'm stubborn, so only my uncle and i stayed die hard dolphins fans. My brother watches but likes the packers better, but for some reason i couldn't let go. Never even lived in Florida, I've visited a lot though.

So... here we are. What about you?
My dad took me to my first Dolphins game in the Orange Bowl. As soon as I walked up those steps and my eyes gazed upon that field, I was hooked! I will be a FINS FAN FOR LIFE….WIN OR LOSE!!!

First Game I ever saw was the Xmas Game against the Chiefs , Which happens to be Longest game ever played. I said who ever wins this Game will be My Favorite Team and I don’t switch teams in any sports.

Been a fan since 1983. The 3 hours I get to watch my team let’s me forget about all my real life stress. I love this team forever.....through thick and thin.

My Dad.

I am a lifelong Oregon resident, as is my Dad. My dad has always been a fan of the frontrunners; loved the Yankees, Celtics, Red Wings, etc. He started to like Miami in '72, when he was in high school, and stuck with them when they drafted Marino. I was born in '85.

I think part of it is, I didn't see my Dad a whole lot growing up, because he traveled a lot for work. When he was home, usually on weekends, he was often golfing or with his friends. My parents also had their issues which as a kid I didn't realize at the time because they were good about hiding it from my sister and I, and the later divorced. So, he was out of the house even more, as my mom was a stay at home so she was always there. He was good about going to my hockey games but he was gone a lot of the time otherwise.

BUT-- we always watched football together, and though we couldn't see the Dolphins every week since we're in Oregon, they were on national TV a lot back then because of Marino, and they were our team. Lots of memories of helping my Dad make a fire in the fireplace, wearing my dolphins pajamas and hanging out with my dad watching the Dolphins. I think in a psychological way, it made me feel a more personal affinity for them, because I equate it with the time I spent with my Dad. I mean, I grew up playing hockey, and I have a favorite hockey team, but it's not the same to me as the Dolphins.

My Dad, by the way, is a Patriots fan now :laugh whatever, I'm still loyal.

A compounding set of circumstances —

1) Watching Dan Marino

2) Pretty colors

3) Ace Ventura

4) A Dolphins team sports card, which bestowed upon its holder untold riches and useless sundries if they won the Super Bowl.

I always used Miami playing Tecmo Bowl. I loved the unis. Been a fan since.

Watched Dolphins / Redskins Super Bowl 72 on tv as a kid and loved the Dolphins moniker so was supporting them. Really started following the game just in time for Marino to take flight.

Back
Top Bottom