What made you a fan and why are you still here | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What made you a fan and why are you still here

When I was younger I saw Larry Csonka running over people and Tony Dorsett's running style from the Cowboys so I picked both teams. That would be my ultimate Super bowl. If one team stunk it up, I still had the other. My brother was stationed in Texas so he would send me Cowboys team posters and banners. During the Tony Romo years I lost interest in the Cowboys but remained a Dolphin fan. Loved the Marino years, one of his ex TE's I'm friends with lives here, Ferrell Edmunds. So if and when they ever make it to the Super Bowl nobody can say I jumped on the bandwagon, I've suffered enough

Honestly. The logo. When I was younger I loved a lot of teams because of their logos. The Pro Bowl was my favorite game because I got to see all the logos on the field. I honestly didn't REALLY understand football until I was a freshman in high school and that is because I started playing Madden at a buddy's house. So by that time the Dolphins were known for their defense and that is why Jason Taylor is my favorite player.

Now though? The only thing that keeps me a fan is this site. If it wasn't for FinHeaven I would have stopped watching football a few years ago.

Also, evne though I became a fan o thr team because of the logo they used from 74 - 89 doesn't mean I pine for it. I am a graphic designer and completely understand why things get rebranded.

I started watching football the 07 season when I was about 13. The year we went 1-15. I just wanted us to win 1 game and we finally did against the ravens lol every since then I stuck with the team hoping we can get better
oh man, thats the saddest post Ive ever read. Lol jking. Kinda....

I live for Sundays. I was born a Dolphin's fan, had no choice. Thanks dad.

Seven years old starting watching football; 36 years ago and became hooked.
I was the only football fan in the family and the only person to play football as well.

I do not force my choice of crappy sports teams on my kid. That means Canes and Dolphins.

South FL native and been watching football since I was old enough to understand. Am I really still here? There's no players to be a fan of...its just an empty, hollow shell of a team at this point. Still like watching good football so the dolphins haven't been providing that consistently for 20 years now.

Like many, Marino was my dude and I've been fans of the other stars we've had, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor etc. Pretty sure if we don't do something halfway interesting soon I'll be moving on as this season is already destroyed. It's like when the marlins kept selling off the team.

Chris Chambers!

When I mossed one of my older brothers friends in the turkey bowl and screamed at him "that was some Chris Chambers s***!" I was stuck for life.

My brother tore his ACL and I almost lost a tooth eating a knee once (required an apicoectomy), fun times...

Last edited:
My mom and step dad have both been die hard Dolphins fans since they were kids (during the early glory years). I grew up in NY, so we used to go to the Buffalo Miami game each year. I remember going to a game in Miami when I was in 4th grade and seeing Dan Marino throw his 400th TD pass. I lived in Buffalo for 6 years during college and always enjoyed the rivalry with my friends who were locals. When I was in FL for spring break 10 years or so ago during college I met a back up RB from the 1972 team and he let me wear his Super Bowl ring. I still have the picture framed on my wall. It was one of my favorite moments as a Dolphins fan.

My grandma lived in Boca, When I was 2, I met her for the first time and she gave me a Dolphins hat. She passed in 2004 (I was 9) and decided to go die hard in her honour

What made me a fan...

Though I saw both Dolphin SB Victories, i became a true Dolphins fan years later watching this SB team I watched before beating the Jets on TV badly.

Why am I still here...

Because i signed my fandom to this team in permanent aqua ink, this team brought me many great moments through the 70s. 80s, and 90s, and though lately there have been more bad then good, when it does turn around again (Yes, I believe that day will come), it will be that much more sweeter.

The Dolphin and Charger playoff game....1981season(although, the game was played in Jan of 1982.

Age 11: the swings of emotion, the coaching, Strock, the hook and lateral......just too much for me at that age. It screwed me up for life, it made me a Dolphin fan.....

tenor.gif

c91c5e15e7b7022701ca9f71cc888dfd.gif

As a little kid in the early seventies, we lived in the third world town know as North Charleston, S.C.

We didn't get much in the way of television, so I can't say I remember watching in those days, but Pops bought me a belt with the Miami Dolphins logo on the buckle.

I've been hooked ever since.

Back
Top Bottom