What made you a fan and why are you still here | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What made you a fan and why are you still here

Fins were my team as a kid (can't remember why but it was the Marino days so that's prob summat to do with it). Wasn't easy following the NFL from the UK back then and I completely stopped all interest in the sport from early 90's until 4 years ago when I got back into it in a massive way. I was always gonna go straight back to the fins, didn't even consider supporting another team and now they mean a great deal to me. I love watching the NFL in general and as long as that is the case I will love the dolphins. There is literally no way I will ever change my team, over here that sort of behaviour is worse than treason and rightly so. You take the little victories, as uneventful as the last couple of season's have been when you still can get moments like Drake v the pats like season (which is one of my favourite sporting moments ever) it makes it all worthwhile for me. Anyone can pick one of the best teams to support but so what, why? When the Fins win the SB in 4 years time we're all gonna enjoy it more than any of the patriots fans have enjoyed the last 2 decades. Your team is your team, don't question it, just see where the ride takes you

What happened about 6 games in that made you a fan?
I was at a friends house and they were showing the Dolphins game on TV. They hadn't lost a game and I thought that was cool. When I got home from practice I asked my dad who was the Dolphins QB. My dad said "Griese" and I told him I was rooting for the Dolphins from there on cause I wanted them to not lose any games.

I'm a fan because it's my home team.

I'm still here because, quite frankly, this absolute cluster**** might be one of the most entertaining things I've ever followed in sport.

Started back in Super Bowl VIII. My older brother was ardent Vikings fan. Me, being the dutiful younger 8-year-old brother, rooted for the other team. And since I thoroughly enjoy the feeling of beating my head against the wall over and over again, here I am, 45 years later.

Oh, and even though my brother stopped being a sports fan decades ago, I bought him an Alan Page jersey to give him this upcoming Christmas. Sometimes, I like being 8 years old again with my older brother.

Was born in Miami. I'm still here to laugh at these absolute losers; it's the best entertainment they've provided in 15+ years.

Back
Top Bottom