What Makes This Year Is Important. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Makes This Year Is Important.

phintim

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
1. General Manager. Was Grier handcuffed from aquiring the talent on this roster or just a cog in the process. This year any excuses go out the window now that he is in charge. Looking for big improvement in aquiring talent in the draft and free agency this year not next.
2. Coaching. Is Flores the right coach for this team. I am taking about player development. I hoping that we have a guy like our old SP team coach Rizi that can take 7th round talent and make NFL starters out of them.

All this chatting about tanking is worthless if we don't have the right guys at the top. No free passes if we do not see better talent on the team this year and player growth churn both the coach and GM asap.

1. General Manager. Was Grier handcuffed from aquiring the talent on this roster or just a cog in the process. This year any excuses go out the window now that he is in charge. Looking for big improvement in aquiring talent in the draft and free agency this year not next.
2. Coaching. Is Flores the right coach for this team. I am taking about player development. I hoping that we have a guy like our old SP team coach Rizi that can take 7th round talent and make NFL starters out of them.

All this chatting about tanking is worthless if we don't have the right guys at the top. No free passes if we do not see better talent on the team this year and player growth churn both the coach and GM asap.
yes sound good but u have to give it more than one yr to rebuild. we still need find that special qb.

Hi Wildman

I am not saying we need to win any games this year to grab that coveted QB but we need to see improvement in the draft and player development.

Think of Rizzi and his special team players and how developed them into all pros. I get the plug for that magical QB but if the coach can't develop him we are wasting our time tanking. The GM and coach are more important than the QB in the long run. A QB can be easily injured but the coach and GM stick around.

Let's be honest, the drafts haven't been that bad over the past few years, except maybe 2017. It is the player development and schemes that have been lacking. And that comes down to coaching.

I am not a big fan of the Belichick coaching tree but I like how Flores has surrounded himself with some seasoned coaches with success in the league that can help him learn on the job. This is in stark contrast to Patricia in Detroit.

Let's be honest, the drafts haven't been that bad over the past few years, except maybe 2017. It is the player development and schemes that have been lacking. And that comes down to coaching.

I am not a big fan of the Belichick coaching tree but I like how Flores has surrounded himself with some seasoned coaches with success in the league that can help him learn on the job. This is in stark contrast to Patricia in Detroit.

It’s nice to see someone else that has liked the drafts over the last 3-4 years

I think they’ve been in the top half of the league no doubt. Some years close to the top

I think the drafts have been better but they have not be great. In order to call them great I'd like to see some all pros drafted. Forget about making the pro bowl which is a joke now and half the players don't go so players that are like 4th alternate get to play in the game. That doesn't mean anything.

Real impact players is what can make a great draft for you. Minkah could be an impact player but they messed up by passing on Goedert.
2017 with Harris and Tank is not looking good tho we got a couple of decent DT''s later.

2016 we got two impact players as long as Howard can stay healthy. We need more drafts when we really hit on our top 2 or 3 picks with impact players.

What Makes This Year Is Important is that I'm old, tired, worn out and want the Dolphins to win.

I'm also on night shift and should be asleep but nooOOOoooOOOooOOoooo my brain says....

I have to admit I want Haskins .We are rolling the dice for next year QB class.what if we don't finish low enough to get one of those guys .or what if a few decide to stay in school.
I'm too nervous to wait until 2020.

Feel like most moves we made this offseason were the right ones so I have faith we are doing things correctly.

The moves have all been selling the proven veterans on our roster so far. Selling some other GM or coaches work doesn't tell us where we are going only where we have been. Not exciting stuff.
I want to see some excellent buying in the draft and free agency. I want to see growing these picks into great players.
Tanking is the easy part it's the winning that's hard.

I like everything I've heard from Flores so far, granted its early and will take time.

I really like that he talks about being multiple and I believe we'll see Miami beginning to become a more physical, smart and versatile team.

Grier is hard to gauge, but his first draft brought Tunsil and Howard arguably the two best players on the team.

Back
Top Bottom