What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week

It doesn't make sense to the others. They would rather have a bag of cash that vanishes if not spent this year than to have a plan to win offensively if our oft injured QB goes down.

So you’re aware the money doesn’t vanish, you can roll it over as a credit to the next year.

Teams need to let the league know they intend to do that by the end of business day the Monday after the regular season ends.

If the money vanished I would DEFINITELY sign Cook, again assuming he’s released. Which I don’t think he will be because that wouldn’t make much sense for Minny.

I can’t control whether or not we sign him.

He may not even want to play in Miami.

We might get massively outbid (do you have a number you wouldn’t go to in terms of years or guarantees?)

But I can control my reaction to the outcome.

And I’ve decided to be ok with either i) don’t sign him or ii) sign him to a reasonable deal.

Either way we should be a better team than last year based on the work put in over the past few months.

That doesn’t make me “anti” the player

High quality post brother.

Fb doesn’t count as rb

Right; You’re too smart for me. I’m sure they’re going to keep an active 4th RB and a separate FB. Because you know an FB isn’t a RB!

Last edited:
There are arguments on Cook both ways. People I respect who think Cook is worth 5-7M per and believe he is the missing piece required to win a SB. There are others who (like me) believe the cost and injury risk outweighs the potential benefit (we don't think Cook brings a SB) and prefer to allocate resources to extend Wilkins/Sieler/Hunt.

I appreciate the differing opinions on this because most of the posters use logic and football intelligence when pushing their opinion.

Its been many years since we had the luxury of debates such as this.

Wilson would be gone if he were worth a damn thing. You're getting offers a 6/7 for him at this point I bet. He's just a bad signing in an otherwise stellar offseason by Grier. It happens - cant be perfect. Wilson still has some value as a backup but he's likely being pushed out by Eric E. I really think he's the backup slot guy here over Wilson. Maybe Im wrong - its been known to happen.

Easy
They should bundle up the whole lot, take the team to Vegas and blow the lot on beer and hookers after winning the Superb Owl

Wilson would be gone if he were worth a damn thing. You're getting offers a 6/7 for him at this point I bet. He's just a bad signing in an otherwise stellar offseason by Grier. It happens - cant be perfect. Wilson still has some value as a backup but he's likely being pushed out by Eric E. I really think he's the backup slot guy here over Wilson. Maybe Im wrong - its been known to happen.

No he was a good signing at the time and then Hill fell into our lap.

No he was a good signing at the time and then Hill fell into our lap.
Meh. I didn't have an issue with it, but the fact that he couldn't get snaps in front of guys like Sherfield, Cracraft, etc. leads me to believe it was not a "good" signing.

It was a shot at a guy with possible upside that didn't work out as of now.

If he doesn't get it together this year, it will become a waste of 14m.

If someone offered us anything for Wilson and we passed, I'd be shocked.

Its more likely we'd have to give up a 6th rounder to trade Wilson away, which I would do in a heartbeat.

He's a quality backup so its not the end of the world if he's on your roster but it would definitely be in our best interest if he wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom