What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week

For cheap depth, vet minimum for this guy https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/12622/matt-ioannidis

Sign the Rookies

5-7 million for emergencies

Trade Cedric Wilson if possible

Then start looking at extending your own. Wilkins, Hunt, Williams (I'd wait on B.Jones for recovery and scheme fit)

I brought up Matt Ioannidis's name up a week or two ago as well. He's an ideal signing at this point.

He's made quite a bit of money already in his career so it might be time for him to start chasing a ring.

Just throwing this out there too, Keion Crossen has a $3.155M non-guaranteed cap hit between salary and bonuses.

You can bank on him getting released and freeing up that money. I just can't see us paying that money to a STer. That's more than Jevon Holland will make this year so that doesn't appear prudent at all.

I suspect he'll be cut right before the season starts and likely re-signed to a more suitable salary. Sucks for the player in theory but he'll still make 7 figures to play professional football this year.

The only other player I could see getting axed that would save any kind of calculable money would be Noah Igbinoghene and even thats just over a Mil. If he's not looking servicable in TC, you gotta move on.

Just throwing this out there too, Keion Crossen has a $3.155M non-guaranteed cap hit between salary and bonuses.

You can bank on him getting released and freeing up that money. I just can't see us paying that money to a STer. That's more than Jevon Holland will make this year so that doesn't appear prudent at all.

I suspect he'll be cut right before the season starts and likely re-signed to a more suitable salary. Sucks for the player in theory but he'll still make 7 figures to play professional football this year.

The only other player I could see getting axed that would save any kind of calculable money would be Noah Igbinoghene and even thats just over a Mil. If he's not looking servicable in TC, you gotta move on.
Yep … I can’t see Noah making it.

Very little chance if we go with 5 CBs on the 53 and not much more chance if we carry 6.

Maybe he has a great summer and forces his way in but it feels unlikely.

I’d feel a bit sad. It’s not his fault he was overdrafted and he’s still very young.

Others don't understand that you add cap space getting a Wilkins deal done that supplements some/much (depending) on what you gave up to get Cook. It's not a binary choice between extending Wilkins or getting Cook
You are 100% correct. IF (and thats a huge IF) we back load his contract and eliminate some of his 10.7mil salary for this season. Back loading it would be silly, as we already have some big back loaded contracts that are gonna put us in a bad spot AND we're going to have to extend Tua, Waddle, Jaelen and Jevon soon.

I am not for backloading a boat load of contracts so we can add a highly priced RB heading in to his 7th season.

You are 100% correct. IF (and thats a huge IF) we back load his contract and eliminate some of his 10.7mil salary for this season. Back loading it would be silly, as we already have some big back loaded contracts that are gonna put us in a bad spot AND we're going to have to extend Tua, Waddle, Jaelen and Jevon soon.

I am not for backloading a boat load of contracts so we can add a highly priced RB heading in to his 7th season.
I agree with what you are saying, but that wasn't really the context of the conversation, and what @Fin-Loco was saying.

He was correctly pointing out that one is not directly dependant upon the other, though they may be related as to our overall plan and intentions.

Yes, but doesn't he also run and catch the ball? - LOL
Technically speaking yes, but fullbacks are their own species , there are very few fbs left in the game , and it’s a matter of semantics

I agree with what you are saying, but that wasn't really the context of the conversation, and what @Fin-Loco was saying.

He was correctly pointing out that one is not directly dependant upon the other, though they may be related as to our overall plan and intentions.
Good looking out Mach. Thanks!

Technically speaking yes, but fullbacks are their own species , there are very few fbs left in the game , and it’s a matter of semantics
NO!
It's a matter of definition of an NFL football teams backfield position!

Let the hyperbole begin. - LOL

Just because you can do it, doesnt mean you should. We should not sign Dalvin Cook, or extend Wilkins to sign Dalvin Cook. That's what I'm saying....ya heard

Back
Top Bottom