What offseason FA is everyone interested in? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What offseason FA is everyone interested in?

I like the idea of thuney cause we might be able to pry him for around top 5 money when we absolutely would have to make scherff highest paid in tbe league.

Either way we gonna have to pay seriously

I like the idea of thuney cause we might be able to pry him for around top 5 money when we absolutely would have to make scherff highest paid in tbe league.

Highest paid guard right now is Martin for around $14 million per year, dont know if the FA class has that and if someone wants to pay Scherff 15+ be my guest. i'd rather take a stab and Thuney at like ~9 which is slightly below franchise tag i think but could offer the years for stability. Plus one plays for a team that always OVERPAYS and one plays for a team who is chronically tightfisted especially with linemen. Give me a shot at the guy who could get paid and knows his organization will try to clip him off financially.

Joe Thuney
Brandon Scherff
Jack Conklin
Yannick Ngakoue
Vonn Bell
James Bradberry

Did Johnathan Jones re-up in NE?

While I agree, I'm not convinced Flo/Grier/ and co will pay ANY FA top money. Maybe get top quarter of league guys. Not saying they WON'T spend big money, but this is their 1st offseason and no one knows their philosophy.

I would go for two guys only.

Scherff and Clowney.

No need to draft DL early then. We draft a franchise LT like Thomas, Biadazs for Center, and Boehm and Scherff are your guards.

Let Davis and Prince work at RT.

Deiter will be a good backup.

With 130m in cap we have to pay someone. Money needs to be spent.

Some of it does, but not all. I'd have to agree with the other posters that Grier/Flores haven't shown any inclination to pay top dollar with the exception of Howard. The whole Tunsil situation would never have gotten to the point it did if they were.

I think we'll see more of the Grant type deals where they overpay for mid-level guys they like rather than the 100+ mil deals.

With 130m in cap we have to pay someone. Money needs to be spent.

Yes and no. Money needs to be spent to improve the team. It does ALL have to be spent and it doesn't HAVE to be spent this year. Not saying they WON'T, but no one can say for sure they WILL. Sign some FAs in '20, see what they get in the draft and spend the rest in '21 on remaining holes. All they HAVE to do is avoid violating league rules on salary..

Seattle OT - George Fant, Washington OG - Brandon Scherff, New England OG - Joe Thunney and Dallas CB - Byron Jones. I'd spend on Thunney, Jones and Scherff. Jones and Howard would make Miami's secondary a huge Strength and help solidify the unit overall. Especially with the emergence of Needham at CB and Rowe at FS. Both Thunney and Scherff would bring toughness and stability to Miami's interior Offensive Line.

Antonio Brown, Richie Incognito, Vontaze Burfict...let see if we can pull off the magic people got their hopes up for on Hard Knocks.

Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today.

It's time to spend big both in the draft and FA for trench help. Smart contracts, sure. But getter'done.

It behooves Grier to spend because come 2020 kickoff, if he botched 3 first round picks, there is plenty of reason to show him the door.

Back
Top Bottom