What offseason FA is everyone interested in? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What offseason FA is everyone interested in?

I wouldn't pay him the kind of money he wants to play out of position in Miami. He's a very good pass rusher, but this D asks its OLB's to do more than rush the QB - demands versatility. In general, though, I think NE has it right when it lets its pass rushers walk/doesn't spend big on them.

I'd much rather have Byron Jones, and on that topic, Dallas really messed up by giving Zeke that contract. They'll keep Dak, but if they lose either Cooper or Jones, which seems likely, we can point to the Zeke contract as one of the bigger mistakes in recent memory. Even though the D is a bigger concern than the O, I think they'll probably keep Cooper and let Jones go. You don't want to give a QB a record deal then take away his best weapon. But, the bigger point is that they really ****ed themselves.
Like La did with Gurley

Reminder
While I agree, I'm not convinced Flo/Grier/ and co will pay ANY FA top money. Maybe get top quarter of league guys. Not saying they WON'T spend big money, but this is their 1st offseason and no one knows their philosophy.

Grier said over and over he plans on approaching offseason differently than his predecessors - and specifically said he prefers to spend 150 million on 10 guys instead of 2.

Henry, Gordon or Eckler. I do not want to use a draft pick on a running back specially a high one. As for other positions, that money has to be spent if we want to compete. We need at the very least 3 starting Olineman a starting running back, another WR. on D a DE/Olb a corner and 2 safety’s. My God by my count that’s at least 10 starters when you add a QB

I would take Ekeler out of that group but he is a rfa I believe which means your giving up a draft pick to get him.

I would take Ekeler out of that group but he is a rfa I believe which means your giving up a draft pick to get him.

I'm not going to say I wouldn't absolutely take an RFA, but FAs first, RFAs 2nd.
And I'll pass on the two highest demand FAs. Miami isn't 1-2 players away

The positions where we most desperately need help are VERY expensive ones to fill.

Very few thought James was a great player, but look at the contract that he received (and how little he has done for his new team).

RT, LT, Edge... it would cost us a freaking mint to fill these positions... even if the players were available, which they aren't.

So... our enthusiasm must be tempered with the reality that this will be a slog, rather than a sprint.

The stars will come from the draft. We'll likely get guards, nickel backs and run-stoppers from free agency...
And that's ok.
I also believe this is the way to go. It is far cheaper to draft premiere positions. Unfortunately you have to, sometimes, wait for a player to develop his full potential, but it beats paying top dollar for average free agents.

It would seem that, given the organization's interest in Clowny, they may not, necessarily, agree.

If we get Scherff, do we still get a Center in the draft? Boehm looked good at Center.
I hope so. I want Humphreys or Baidasz. There was yet another interview with Brady today where he was asked what was missing from the pats offense this year. His response was not a deep threat receiver, it was not Wynn being hurt and out at OT. Again and again, he said not having his C is the downfall of the offense.

I also believe this is the way to go. It is far cheaper to draft premiere positions. Unfortunately you have to, sometimes, wait for a player to develop his full potential, but it beats paying top dollar for average free agents.

It would seem that, given the organization's interest in Clowny, they may not, necessarily, agree.
I think there has to be exceptions to this when the player is young enough... and good enough. Clooney is... James wasnt.

Back
Top Bottom