What offseason FA is everyone interested in? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What offseason FA is everyone interested in?

The positions where we most desperately need help are VERY expensive ones to fill.

Very few thought James was a great player, but look at the contract that he received (and how little he has done for his new team).

RT, LT, Edge... it would cost us a freaking mint to fill these positions... even if the players were available, which they aren't.

So... our enthusiasm must be tempered with the reality that this will be a slog, rather than a sprint.

They are only expensive if you pay them too much money.

OL and DE is where I think they should look for proven players coming off rookie contracts. Noone over 29 or 30.

Lately, Miami's Front Office is unable to draft quality o-linemen outside of the first round, and even those in the first round weren't anything special (except for Jake Long until he got hurt). However, other teams always seem to be able to find competent linemen in the middle rounds. I say find at least 5 decent o-linemen in Free Agency to use as the starters, and then the questionable linemen that Miami usually draft can be used as back-ups.

Lately, Miami's Front Office is unable to draft quality o-linemen outside of the first round, and even those in the first round weren't anything special (except for Jake Long until he got hurt). However, other teams always seem to be able to find competent linemen in the middle rounds. I say find at least 5 decent o-linemen in Free Agency to use as the starters, and then the questionable linemen that Miami usually draft can be used as back-ups.
I keep telling myself O-line is the best use of cap money as well, but then I always circle around to tge Juwan James situation.

I think he would qualify as a competent, not spectacular, player, and he got a boatload of $.

It's the proverbial "rock and a hard place" when it comes to the best way to use FA money, but it gets even worse on the defensive side of the ball.

If Dallas can't sign Jones or Cooper I'd sign one of those two. I also like the idea of Derrick Henry and not having to use a high pick on running back.

Henry and Lloyd in the backfield wouldn't be bad.

Most of all, I'd look for two legitimate starters on the offensive line.

F/A has been very good in terms of Offensive and Defensive Linemen. The success rates of the trench players have been much better than the other position players, who've switched teams. CB is another position that's had success but, not as much as, the OL and DL.

Jack Conklin

Shaq Barrett would look nice opposite Chase Young.

Byron Jones opposite Xavien Howard would be stellar as well.

It would be great if signed quite a few defensive players and focused most of our draft assets on OL, QB, RB and stocking up on additional future picks. After taking CY.

I could see us drafting 2 safeties.

Of the qbs going on the market, Mariota might have the most reasonable price, but not sure if Miami would be good fit for him to ressurect his career. He may need to go to a team with a more established surrounding cast and an offense built for a mobile qb, one with a lot playaction bootlegs and roll out pl. mariot is type of qb dolphins need. Fix oline for once. Add bigtime back. Add pass rusher and Cb. Spent some of that money on impact player. Trying be cheat without good foundation is waste of time. l.

Last edited:
Jadeveon Clowney.....and draft Chase Young. Let’s go!

Clowney didn't want to come here before what makes you think that will change?
Forget Clowney, we need players that will play their butts off and want to be a part of this team.

I would like to look at Matt Breida or Jordan Howard at RB, unlikely to demand big big money and still young. Could be teamed up with a mid-round draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom