What player will fill the void of Jason Taylor? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What player will fill the void of Jason Taylor?

Nobody on the current roster will fill the void since Taylor was probably the best Miami defensive player of all time. All we have is alot of question marks at OLB so it remains to be seen if any of these guys will even be a good starter at OLB. I have hope for Wake , Misi and Moses but Charlie Anderson even competing to be a starter is pretty scary and indicative of the state of OLB at this point.

just put Wakes hand on the ground next to Starks, Odrick & Langford and be done with it. there's your consistent pressure & run stopping to boot. better that than have 3 of 4 scrub linebackers in the game.

Nobody on the current roster will fill the void since Taylor was probably the best Miami defensive player of all time. All we have is alot of question marks at OLB so it remains to be seen if any of these guys will even be a good starter at OLB. I have hope for Wake , Misi and Moses but Charlie Anderson even competing to be a starter is pretty scary and indicative of the state of OLB at this point.

Even if he was the best of all time. He wasn't even close to the best last year. I would say Starks, Bell, Langford, Porter, And Wake all outplayed him.

Jason taylor 42 tackles , 33 solo, 9 assist, 7 sacks in 2009 having started 15 games 36 years old when the season starts.... I don't know how much we are missing here..

And Porter who we all hate for being a cancer and Mediocre... We all thought he was outplayed by everyone in this team (Pat White included) had..
41 tackles, 34 solo, 7 assist, 9 sacks in 2009 having started 14 games.

neither of the players stats u quote are as easily replaceble as u assume. Porter was still 8th in the AFC in sacks and Taylor 13th. Terrel Suggs who was paid pretty handsomely put up no better numbers. Porter basically had his average NFL year Taylor's numbers were far from elite but 7 sacks, 1 int and 3 forced fumbles along with 5 passes defensed are hardly bad numbers.

i dont agree Wake out played him. Wake in limited action did some good things but mostly was a one trick pony that the front office did not trust on the field even with his qb pressure. Wake still may not even be a starter this year as he has to fight with the mighty Charlie Anderson to start. If Taylor resigned it would be a given he woulld easily be starting for us still this year.

i dont agree Wake out played him. Wake in limited action did some good things but mostly was a one trick pony that the front office did not trust on the field even with his qb pressure. Wake still may not even be a starter this year as he has to fight with the mighty Charlie Anderson to start. If Taylor resigned it would be a given he woulld easily be starting for us still this year.

Taylor did nothing. He sucked. He did absolutely nothing. He barely ever got pressure and got blown up by fullbacks.

your opinion. even with all u say he was still the starter and would still be the starter. He did nothing as u say and the guys that couldnt beat him out are fighting to be starters now.

your opinion. even with all u say he was still the starter and would still be the starter. He did nothing as u say and the guys that couldnt beat him out are fighting to be starters now.

Charlie Anderson is terrible as well. That doesn't make Taylor good. They both suck right now and don't deserve to start on any NFL outside of the Lions and Rams.

Wake at least brings consistent pressure. I think thats 1-0 in favor of Wake. Taylor did nothing in any area.

Wake was by far our best pass rusher last year, that's not even debatable. But who will replace JT on the strongside? Koa Misi. He can't be much worse than JT was last year. I would much, much rather depend on Wake and Misi, two unknowns, one who's already shown the ability to get to the QB at will, than depend on JT and Porter, because they were awful last year, and you could expect similar results this year.

2007 with Jason Taylor we went 1-15, the worst record in the league.

2008 without Jason Taylor we went 11-5, and a division title in tow.

2009 with JAson Taylor we had a mediocre 7-9 record.

The Dolphins were 8-24 in the last 2 seasons with Taylor and 11-5 in the one season without him on the team. We will do just fine without Taylor.

He was no savior. He wasn't a savior for us and he wasn't a savior in Washington. He won't be a savior for the Jets either.

no one player is a savior. When Ronnie Brown was having his best year were were 0-7 and finished 1-15.

The biggest thing we lose without Taylor in my opinion is game-changing plays. I expect Dansby to be the player to fill that void. Wake, starter or not, should be able to fill the void in the sacks department. I really believe they expecting us to get more pressure from the 3 down lineman than our LB's. Seems like all the linebackers we brought in all have a common trait and thats being good in coverage. It all really starts with Starks, who I believe will be fine inside. Odrick is key, he must be ready to go. If Langford, Starks, and Odrick can apply pressure it makes this defense so much better. Davis and Smith having a year under their belts should take us a long way too.

The biggest thing we lose without Taylor in my opinion is game-changing plays.

Agree with this. He'd always manage to make a strip, pick up a loose football, catch a tipped ball, etc. Really opportunistic and aware, even in his declining age. I think to a certain extent Dansby will bring some of that.

Back
Top Bottom