What Players do You Think Will be Taken Earlier than Expected? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Players do You Think Will be Taken Earlier than Expected?

I've seen Patrick Jones mocked in the mid to late 1st. Wherever he's eventually drafted, he's got talent. He's extremely versatile, he can play everywhere along the edge and have seen him line up as a stand up MLB pass rusher. The only thing I don't know about him, is his hand use and how he fits in with Miami's preference for players with strong hand usage.

Zach Wilson seems to be flying up the lists, Kyle Trask as well. They will certainly go higher than it looked at the start of the season.

The wonderfully named Amon-Ra St Brown is coming on for USC.

Paye is looking like a 1st rounder now, possibly a high one.

And Marshall has benefited from Chase's absence for sure.

Zach Wilson seems to be flying up the lists, Kyle Trask as well. They will certainly go higher than it looked at the start of the season.

The wonderfully named Amon-Ra St Brown is coming on for USC.

Paye is looking like a 1st rounder now, possibly a high one.

And Marshall has benefited from Chase's absence for sure.
I've seen Paye mocked top 5, which seems extremely high to me. St. Brown is a good receiver and likely a fit for Miami in the slot.

I think Trey Smith is exactly the opposite. He's a player everyone are rating high that could be taken a LOT later than everyone think.

His medical issues are severe. He's lucky he found a college program that even allows him to play football. There will be a lot of NFL teams that take him off their board entirely.
What round do you think Smith will go? Little is someone who could be a steal. Not sure how teams will view him after not playing for such a long time.

I've seen Paye mocked top 5, which seems extremely high to me. St. Brown is a good receiver and likely a fit for Miami in the slot.
Slot?

He can play there, but if he gets me 4.4 - 4.3...he goes opposite Parker.

I like Terrance Marshall very much. Think he's somewhat under the radar, inspite of his breakout year.
Parker, Marshall and a speed receiver like Schwartz or a FA and this passing attack could really be something. I think Miami would have to take Marshall with pick 1b, possibly 2a but doubt it.

He could be in that 2nd round area, don't you think? Is he really that fast?
He ran a 4.67 in high school. I think he can train that down to 4.5...maybe a 4.4. Everytime I see him, I see CB's in his rearview.

He ran a 4.67 in high school. I think he can train that down to 4.5...maybe a 4.4. Everytime I see him, I see CB's in his rearview.
He's one of those players who just produces, catches everything. Not necessarily a guy who will blow you away with his talent.

I think that it is too early to answer this question really. Guys are still rising and falling all over the board due to the staggered start of the covid season.

Now... in general... I think there is a tendency for both offensive linemen and cbs to be taken higher than expected because of the fact that different teams value different skill sets. It seems like there is a player or two from these positions that surprise every year.

Back
Top Bottom