What Players from this Draft End up Being Elite? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Players from this Draft End up Being Elite?

I haven’t watched Becton I just saw the size and was like damn that guys huge for a pro tackle

I’ve seen a lot better reps than that from brown this year. Almost looked like he knew the ball was gonna be coming out or he’s nursing something. I’d call that rep more half ass from him frankly.

I do see pretty fast feet on Becton there though

Seen some talk on Bowden, watched him the last two years be the only real receiving threat for them and this year the only playmaker and people still can’t stop him. He definitely plays with a controlled aggression. Not sure the receiver room has an alpha dog in personality. This guy could be it.

And I will go out on a limb, I’ll say John Simpson the guard out of Clemson will end up being one of the elite type guards in the NFL. Heavy hands and very good communication and anchoring skills. Needs work and might have a bit of a limited range but definitely has the tools to be a 10 year NFL guy.

I'm mostly going off this list of declared juniors:

I look no further at the QB position than Jordan Love. Incredible potential if you can just coach the man. He's willing.

I think CeeDee Lamb will take some development, but could give you massive rewards at the end.

There could be massive rewards down the road if you were to develop Jedrick Wills, Mekhi Becton, or Josh Jones at tackle. Or Netane Muti at guard.

I put Javon Kinlaw on my first list, guys that I'm relatively certain about, but he will take no shortage of development in order to get there. I just think the ceiling is extraordinary with him, and that he's also got a high floor.

Yetur Gross-Matos I think of as being a bit more developmental than some people are thinking, and yet nobody can deny the rewards could be phenomenal if you're able to do that with him.

I think Curtis Weaver could be a developmental project with great rewards at the end if you can just get him to play more consistently with urgency and energy. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a guy's clock speed up in the NFL. That's what he needs, because his short-area explosiveness, eyes, and natural feel for using leverage are all very good.

Willie Gay is a linebacker that I think has a lot of potential that could be harnessed if you get him to be a part of your program. There's some personal development that needs to happen with him, not just professional.

Cameron Dantzler and Bryce Hall are both guys at corner that if you are able to brush up, could be amazing players down the road.

I haven't got a great grip on which safeties have the most raw potential yet. I've already put Antoine Winfield Jr. in the previous list. People are sleeping on him big time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention DE Alex Highsmith of Charlotte. Duh. High potential. Very underrated.

I'm also high on the Kinlaw bandwagon. The guy is just so explosive and relentless.....shows up on tape all the time. I'd love to get him later in the 1st but now i'm not sure he'll make it there.

Last edited:
Seen some talk on Bowden, watched him the last two years be the only real receiving threat for them and this year the only playmaker and people still can’t stop him. He definitely plays with a controlled aggression. Not sure the receiver room has an alpha dog in personality. This guy could be it.

And I will go out on a limb, I’ll say John Simpson the guard out of Clemson will end up being one of the elite type guards in the NFL. Heavy hands and very good communication and anchoring skills. Needs work and might have a bit of a limited range but definitely has the tools to be a 10 year NFL guy.
I like Simpson and also Brendeson Michigan both as RD2 Day 1 Starters.
10 year starters. Get one of the guys along with a FA Guard. Build the OL please.

I'm also high on the Kinlaw bandwagon. The guy is just so explosive and relentless.....shows up on tape all the time. I'd love to get him later in the 1st but now i'm not sure he'll make it there.

Kinlaw - DT #2 for me. Brown is ridiculous. The way the draft sets up- I don’t see Kinlaw dropping to 18.
In event Tua goes Detroit - I could see a trade down 1-5 spots - possibly for a Herbert loving team.
We can then take Jordan Love & maybe trade back up from 18 for a Kinlaw or BPA with added ammo.

Kinlaw - DT #2 for me. Brown is ridiculous. The way the draft sets up- I don’t see Kinlaw dropping to 18.
In event Tua goes Detroit - I could see a trade down 1-5 spots - possibly for a Herbert loving team.
We can then take Jordan Love & maybe trade back up from 18 for a Kinlaw or BPA with added ammo.
Would you take Brown at #5?

Would you take Brown at #5?
It’s a good question. Ultimately no.
If Tua is there at #5 - Tua.

If Detroit unreasonable in trade demand or is actually smart and just drafts Tua,
1. Meet with Jordan Love. If you love the kid - draft him. Don’t mess around. Take the QB, we have 11 picks in top 160 to build a team.

2. If Tua gone and Love not for us:
A. Try trade down with a Jax or QB - Herbert hungry team.
B. If trade down doesn’t work, figure Burrow, Tua, Thomas, Young are gone.
My board is Okudah, Brown, Simmons in that order.
Okudah is elite and slightly more important in our system. Close but Okudah.

Trade down away from Herbert for love in the first, then trade back up in the first for kinlaw???
If I was Ross I'd fire you immediately

Trade down away from Herbert for love in the first, then trade back up in the first for kinlaw???
If I was Ross I'd fire you immediately
Hi- yeah I’m not a fan of Herbert.
For me, if I can get Love and acquire more assets- I wouldn’t mind a trade back up into middle of Rd 1.
But to each his own and It’s too bad I’m fired from my imaginary GM job for passing on Herbert.

Back
Top Bottom