What players have you guys met ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What players have you guys met ?

Mad dog Jim Mandich. Great great man. Zach Thomas was really cool. Played in a softball game with Howard Cross and OJ Anderson both nice. OJ was really funny and went Out of his way to include everyone. Looking forward to meeting LT at a golf outing this fall.

Mad dog Jim Mandich. Great great man. Zach Thomas was really cool. Played in a softball game with Howard Cross and OJ Anderson both nice. OJ was really funny and went Out of his way to include everyone. Looking forward to meeting LT at a golf outing this fall.
You are going to hand tons of fun with LT. One of my favorites!

Dan Marino, Jason Taylor, Ronnie Brown, Sam Madison, Orande Gadsen, Nat Moore. We took our youth to a flag football camp that they ran. They also had some adult games. The former Fins played a game as well. I coached the youth and an adult team. After we won our game, the Fins players came over to us. They were playing next and none of them brought cleats. They borrowed alot from our team. It was awesome.

Went to the store with my grandfather one day and ran into Chris chambers at the store. I also met Ricky williams during one of the preseason games. He came over and shook my hand, told me he liked my jersey.

The only other players I have met are Ed Reed. I was wearing a university of Miami shirt at bills camp and he came over to say what's up real quick and told me I was smart for not wearing dolphins gear.

The other ones are tim brown and Jerry Rice with the 2003 raiders. I got to play catch with them and go on the field to see what it was like. My dad was too busy getting food to take pictures

Many moons ago while attending college, I got the privilege to meet, hang, drink beers and play basketball with several players.

My favorite is actually a frequent visitor to my campus from a rival. Randy Moss would come up from Marshall to WVU a lot. He always played in pickup basketball games. After one game while everyone BSing he used me (I am only 5'6) to jump over while dunking from the free throw line. This is pre phones lol so unfortunately I don't have picks. But I can tell you not only did he clear me by a couple feet, he had no issue slamming it home.

I met Walter Peyton in the very late Eighties, he had been retired a few years but still looked incredibly athletic.
the company I worked for then put on a contest to there mines and I won the location I was employed at.
At the time American Colloid was headquarter in Skokie Illinois’s, a Chicago suburb.
the company board was all rabid bears fans and brought him in to do a motivational talk.
he later took his time going to the tables to talk to the ordinary men ( miners like me )
it was a highlight of my life to shake his hand, listen to his soft voice and know he was such a tremendous non selfish man. He shared losing his last game was a playoff loss, he really wanted another Super Bowl.
but not greedy he loved the SB ring he wore that night. When I said I was a Dolphin Fan , he smiled cleverly
and referred to December 2 1985 , he said somethings don’t wash off, then continued to visit .
He was a Class Act.

I met Walter Peyton in the very late Eighties, he had been retired a few years but still looked incredibly athletic.
the company I worked for then put on a contest to there mines and I won the location I was employed at.
At the time American Colloid was headquarter in Skokie Illinois’s, a Chicago suburb.
the company board was all rabid bears fans and brought him in to do a motivational talk.
he later took his time going to the tables to talk to the ordinary men ( miners like me )
it was a highlight of my life to shake his hand, listen to his soft voice and know he was such a tremendous non selfish man. He shared losing his last game was a playoff loss, he really wanted another Super Bowl.
but not greedy he loved the SB ring he wore that night. When I said I was a Dolphin Fan , he smiled cleverly
and referred to December 2 1985 , he said somethings don’t wash off, then continued to visit .
He was a Class Act.
Sadly never got a chance to meet him. But I have no doubt he was everything to live up to him namesake award!

Nice thread!

I haven't met any Dolphins players unfortunately. I've met some Canucks players when I lived in BC, Henrik Sedin, Willie Mitchell, Jarko Ruttu, Markus Naslund, Todd Bertuzzi and a few others. I met Scotty Bowman and had my picture taken with him as a teenager at a fundraiser for a woman's shelter.

I guess i've met quite a few hockey legends and smoked weed with Charles Barkley which was pretty cool.

I’ve met all Patriots unfortunately:

vincent brown
Matt bahr
Sam gash (coolest in the bunch)
Steve grogan
Doug flutie
Raymond berry

oh another cool one and non patriot Josh McCown.

I’ve met all Patriots unfortunately:

vincent brown
Matt bahr
Sam gash (coolest in the bunch)
Steve grogan
Doug flutie
Raymond berry

oh another cool one and non patriot Josh McCown.
You have cuddies

My great uncle got to know Don Shula pretty well while coaching little league baseball. Had Dave and Mike both as players I believe. In the summer of 85, while visiting my uncle at his Atlanta home, he took my father and I to a Dolphins/Falcons scrimmage. I know we met Dave Shula lol, not sure who else we met (I was 11 at the time). Wish I’d gotten some autographs, probably would have been able to get several.

Not a Dolphin, but my wife and I spent a good 45 minutes chatting with Bruce Wilkerson (Favre’s LT in Super Bowl XXXI) at my parents house. His father and mine were coworkers and became good friends. Bruce drove his dad to my parents for their 50th anniversary open house. One of the nicest, most down to earth folks you’d ever meet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom