What position group is the weakest part of the Miami Dolphins team? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position group is the weakest part of the Miami Dolphins team?

What position group is the weakest part of the Miami Dolphins team?

• QBs

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • RBs

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • TEs

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • WRs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O-Line

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • D-Line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LBs

Votes: 51 24.8%
  • CBs

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • Safeties

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Special Teams

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Coaching & Front Office

Votes: 7 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While CB, LB, and RB are concerns (lots of unproven positions), I went with RB. At least Alonso/Maxwell have had some success in the NFL whereas Ajayi and Drake have not. I'm not saying RB is the most important part of the team but I still wish they'd sign a vet for at least insurance purposes.

I believe it's Corner, if nothing changes, we are going to have two ? playing corner.

CB is the weakest position GROUP but I am just as concerned with DT. Still a head scratcher as to why Earl Mitchell has not been upgraded. So many high quality DT's in FA that haven't even been looked at and not for huge money.

We have been going down hill vs the run since we switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 in 2012. That is not supposed to happen. Theoretically the 4-3 should be better vs the run. If you're in a 4-3 and can't stop the run, you suck.

2011 ranked 3rd vs rush. Kendall Langford, Paul Soliai, Randy Starks (Odrick in reserve, Wake at WOLB, Misi at SOLB)
2012 ranked 12th. Starks, McDaniels, Soliai (Odrick at LDE)
2013 ranked 24th Starks, Soliai, Odrick (Wake at SDE, OV at WDE)
2014 ranked 24th Mitchell, Starks, Odrick (lost Soliai)
2015 ranked 28th Suh, Mitchell, Phillips (lost Odrick)

There are certainly more factors at play here other than just Earl Mitchell. The aging of Starks, Soliai, Wake playing the strong side and not holding up vs the run.

I think having Jason Jones and Andre Branch to compete for snaps in the base defense is an improvement over leaving Wake there full time but we still need an insurance policy at DT. Phillips showed me very little to give me hope for this year and we know what we get with Mitchell.

dt concerns seem very valid to me...and if they aren't doing their job up front while corner may be the weakest position group it's not gonna matter...they'll both just end up showing poorly

Doesnt matter if we have all first rounders as starters and backups. If they suck they suck. No need to spend early picks on them, but it does need to be addressed one way or another. ~150 sacks in the last three years. That is all the statistics needed to see its a huge concern. I dont think oline is a problem anymore, but that logic is flawed to me. Anyway, secondary is my biggest concern. Too many question marks there.

I'm saying LB. If Alonso doesn't return to pre-injury form and Misi gets hurt again the LB cubboard is pretty bare.

You guys who don't realize that QB is by far, and I mean by far,far,far, the weakest position group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets dog the offensive line early to set the table for the excuses when the offense struggles.

Guess PFF was "dogging" them too when they ranked the Fins OL #32 in '14 and #31 in '15. :idk:

How dare them!!!

You guys who don't realize that QB is by far, and I mean by far,far,far, the weakest position group; your all in La La land and steeped in denial to the point of mental illness.

everyone-is-crazy-except-me.jpg

You guys who don't realize that QB is by far, and I mean by far,far,far, the weakest position group; your all in La La land and steeped in denial to the point of mental illness.

Our new coach doesn't seem to think so investing only a late round pick in one and Gase knows QB's so you are saying he's mentally ill :bobdole:

OL - Only because I'm in 'show me' mode right now. Let's see what we have when a starter goes down.

Lbers for me.. Too many unknowns with that group although it could have a ton of upside! Cb's are closely behind. Not happy how they got rid of Taylor. He still had potential and if he does blossom at least it would be with us! Oh well. Howard starting his rookie year concerns me too.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Hmm maybe the cornerback position is worse off after all.

CB's and linebackers. Lots of question marks but if everyone stays healthy (big if) I think we will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom