What position group is the weakest part of the Miami Dolphins team? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position group is the weakest part of the Miami Dolphins team?

What position group is the weakest part of the Miami Dolphins team?

• QBs

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • RBs

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • TEs

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • WRs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O-Line

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • D-Line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LBs

Votes: 51 24.8%
  • CBs

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • Safeties

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Special Teams

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Coaching & Front Office

Votes: 7 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our new coach doesn't seem to think so investing only a late round pick in one and Gase knows QB's so you are saying he's mentally ill :bobdole:
What you focus on expands... Choose wisely!

You guys who don't realize that QB is by far, and I mean by far,far,far, the weakest position group; your all in La La land and steeped in denial to the point of mental illness.

Good thing you came along to set us straight.................:rolleyes2:

Boundary corner specifically and DT would be my vote. We have really only 3 boundary corners, two unproven in Lippett and Howard, and really relying on Jordan Phillips to elevate his game enough to make our front formidable inside.

78% of us picked CB and LB (I picked CB but seriously considered LB). That is scary and unsettling.
May The Force be with us and most of the "ifs" turn into realities.

How many more offensive linemen should we go with? We have 4 1st rounders on the line, 3 when Albert gets injured; I just don't get the people who think we need Pro Bowl backups.

It's as if you didn't watch any games bro. Do we have to detail the issues again?

1. Albert is excellent, but he gets injured ... every year.

2. Pouncey is very good at pulling, but not good at the point of attack, so he doesn't open run lanes inside, but he's great at taking out linebackers if you can get him into space.

3. James was drafted in round 1 ... but he's not great, he's rather average as a RT. He's better at pass protection than run blocking.

Our OL is among the worst every year ... no matter how many resources you put into it, we don't have the players. Our problems are we need 2 starting caliber guards and a decent backup LT. Tunsil fills the LT position and until Albert gets hurt he will fill the LG spot. BUT, you must be OK with starting one of our trio of horrible guards at RG ... Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner (who graded out even worse than Dallas Thomas) or Jamil Douglas (horrible as a rookie, but I cut him some slack because he was a rookie). Or, have you changed your opinion on Kraig Urbik? IMHO, he's a solid backup guard ... but if you're going to start him ... well he's not bad but he's not great either.

So you hire a new coach who is an offensive guru, and you trot out Dallas Thomas to make it happen ... good luck with that.

On paper it looks great! Hopefully the oline woes are a thing of the past..

So Albert gets injured every year ... and now we have Tunsil to play LT when he does. But what is your "on paper" solution to our two guard spots that have been so problematic? Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner again? Are you expecting Albert to stay healthy? (fingers crossed) Are you looking at our guards from last year improving substantially? Are you basing your hopes off Gase's new scheme? I'm just not seeing the improvement on paper other than adding Tunsil. He adds a much better LG until Albert gets injured and a top class LT when Albert goes down ... but when that happens we'll need 2 guards again. In the interim, we went from having 2 horrible guards to having only 2 horrible guard?

So Albert gets injured every year ... and now we have Tunsil to play LT when he does. But what is your "on paper" solution to our two guard spots that have been so problematic? Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner again? Are you expecting Albert to stay healthy? (fingers crossed) Are you looking at our guards from last year improving substantially? Are you basing your hopes off Gase's new scheme? I'm just not seeing the improvement on paper other than adding Tunsil. He adds a much better LG until Albert gets injured and a top class LT when Albert goes down ... but when that happens we'll need 2 guards again. In the interim, we went from having 2 horrible guards to having only 2 horrible guard?

Did we release Bushrod? Bushrod/Douglas and Turner on the other side. Perfectly fine with that. Douglas was terrible at a position he hasn't played. I'm not going to lose any sleep over that. I'm interested to see what he can do at his natural position. I would have liked it if they brought in another veteran OG, and they still might, but overall, it's a much better unit than last year with Tunsil alone.

Did we release Bushrod? Bushrod/Douglas and Turner on the other side. Perfectly fine with that. Douglas was terrible at a position he hasn't played. I'm not going to lose any sleep over that. I'm interested to see what he can do at his natural position. I would have liked it if they brought in another veteran OG, and they still might, but overall, it's a much better unit than last year with Tunsil alone.

No, we still have Bushrod. But I saw him as primarily a swing OT cover for injury. I don't know how he would be as an OG, but I doubt that's why we brought him in. Now that Tunsil fell into our laps, I supposed we should explore Bushrod at guard as a serious option.

I cut Douglas some slack because he was a rookie ... but let's be clear, he was terrible. Turner was horrific, and he's had several years to improve. The worst thing you can say about Douglas and Turner is that both were worse than Dallas Thomas, and as benchmarks go, that's a low bar.

No, we still have Bushrod. But I saw him as primarily a swing OT cover for injury. I don't know how he would be as an OG, but I doubt that's why we brought him in. Now that Tunsil fell into our laps, I supposed we should explore Bushrod at guard as a serious option.

I cut Douglas some slack because he was a rookie ... but let's be clear, he was terrible. Turner was horrific, and he's had several years to improve. The worst thing you can say about Douglas and Turner is that both were worse than Dallas Thomas, and as benchmarks go, that's a low bar.

All reports this offseason have the plan being to play Bushrod at OG, and that was before landing Tunsil. Douglas has yet to play his natural position of LG and should get zero blame for the fiasco of being thrown in as a Center, a position he never played. Calling Turner horrific is melodramatic. This is the first time I've ever seen anybody say Dallas Thomas is better, because he clearly isn't. As much as I like the dream world where we have 5 all-pros starting with 5 all-pros backing them up, the reality is that we have a solid starting line with some good backup options, particularly at OT. Hardly qualifies as the weakest unit when you have other units that have big questions throughout (CB, LB, RB).

And I'd be shocked if they don't add another veteran OG.

the need depth badly. every year there are injuries and that spells the end of the season because they can't protect the qb. If the sterters stay healthy, then this is strength of the team because they are more talented on the line than they ever have been

We have Albert, Tunsill, Pouncey, Turner, James penciled in as starters,
Bushrod is OG/OT. Young OT, Orbik OG, Douglas OG/C, (my sleeper in his 2nd year).
I see Thomas outside looking in along with McClendon,
This is much better than last year. If Albert go down, we have better options. If Douglas catch on to center as he did against the Pats, we're in much better shape.

Linebackers. The team definitely doesn't seem to emphasize this position and it shows on the field. Kiko Alonso could be a huge upgrade, though, if he can stay healthy. Miami also has some interesting college free agents with Blount and Burress.

stop trying bs people the whole teams right now. 6 to 8 win every yr is joke. we need get better as team

I voted LB's. Atleast at CB, we have two young physical dudes who have potential. We know what we have at LB already and it isn't good lol.

Had to go with CBs - largely unproven in this system and pretty much roster-thin at this point.

Interesting: about 1 out of every 20 posters voted the QBs as the weakest option.... which surprisingly, is kind of statistically irrelevant despite the seemingly voluminous quantity of related (and apparently repetitive) posts. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom