What Position is Dolphins Biggest Need | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Position is Dolphins Biggest Need

Please Select 1 Postion

• Total voters

putter1013

Active Roster
Reaction score
As it stands now, what position is Miami's biggest need on the team?

Assuming Joey Porter is Released!!

I am going with Nose Tackle. I think it is possibly the most critical part to running a 3-4 defense and Ferguson will probably not be back and even if he is he can't be counted on for a full 16 games. Solia IMO is way too soft, heck the guy plays a yard off the ball at times. We need a big man in the middle to clog things up. I would love Wilfork but that most likely doesn't happen. My first choice in the draft would actually be Terrence Cody. He occupies two blockers and doesn't give ground. Williams is good but not quite as stout as Cody IMO.

you are just on a roll with these polls, huh? lol

i pick ILB

Good way to get people involved and raises some interesting points by all.

Also easier to follow than a thread here and a thread there. It centralizes all of the thoughts.

is there a reason why everyone keeps repeating threads

Cody at #12 would elicit a riot that would make the Ginn pick look good.Why would you want a player as your first round pick who can play only 2 downs and at other times must be replaced due to being winded/tired.
Nose tackle is important but so are our speedy inside linebackers and our Geriatric OLBs or that free safety.Take your pick of 6 positions on defense that need some help otherwise expect to allow over 400 points next season.

As it stands now, what position is Miami's biggest need on the team?

Assuming Joey Porter is Released!!
Even if Porter wasn't released that position is still a big need. But Inside Linebacker is the biggest need right now.

i voted punter... that damn fields guy plays high. Look at his picture! One smoke away from lifetime ban!

I am going with Nose Tackle. I think it is possibly the most critical part to running a 3-4 defense and Ferguson will probably not be back and even if he is he can't be counted on for a full 16 games. Solia IMO is way too soft, heck the guy plays a yard off the ball at times. We need a big man in the middle to clog things up. I would love Wilfork but that most likely doesn't happen. My first choice in the draft would actually be Terrence Cody. He occupies two blockers and doesn't give ground. Williams is good but not quite as stout as Cody IMO.

Got it right. Potential nose tackles dont seem to come around often, which is why you see Ferguson's or Keith Traylor's continue to start for teams well into their mid 30's. Coupled with the fact that the position is absolutely essential to a 3-4 defense is why it's our most glaring need. We simply MUST get one.

I understand why people desire a stud inside linebacker, not only do we need an upgrade but people risk their health by having their blood pressure shoot through the roof whenever Channing Crowder opens his mouth. But i can't see how people can say its our most glaring need. At the least, we have something there. The dropoff from Rolando McClain to Akin is big, but not nearly as large as the dropoff from Dan Williams to nobody starting(and no, i dont count Paul Solia, he proved he is a rotational player).

Without a stud nose tackle eating up those blockers and helping shut down the run, our linebackers could be Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas and it wouldn't matter.

One safety shores up our secondary and makes it a potential top ten in the league for years to come...at least until Y Bell gets old (3-4 years?). To stop the run you need upgrades at NT and ILB pretty bad. That's at least two players or potentially three.

So, what single position on the Dolphins can make the biggest impact on the team...It has to be safety with as many big plays as we had against us last year. We controlled the line of scrimmage only to let the TE get open 30 yards downfield or let screen passes go for 40yd TD's! A true FS is supposed to have the speed to be able to get to the ball carrier from any angle in the backfield and the knack of avoiding blockers to stop a screen for no more than 15 or 20 yds at worst!

G Wilson has been the worst and most perplexing player on the fins. He sucked royally and played much worse than with the F.....g Raiders! Really bad move but worse should have been benched early on. Clemens would not have done much worse and could have gotten some good experience. I know that would have been 3 rookies back there but,...

Looking at the roster, I'd say that our BIGGEST need is actually SOLB...due to the fact that we actually have no one at that spot right now and doesn't look like anyone available in FA. It's empty.

Looking at the way the season unfolded, we can see that Wake is better suited for the WOLB spot and JT was playing out of position, because he also is suited better for the WOLB spot. In fact, with Wake looking poised to be our version of Dumervil at the Weakside and Moses and Anderson looking like adequate backup WOLBs, you can even say that JT isn't actually needed on this team.

But Roth was cut and Merling still has to prove he can lose the 20 or so pounds to even try to play the SOLB.

NT would be a close second since we only have one on the roster and you need 'at least' 2, but really 3 NTs on a roster.

WR is probably 3rd and FS 4th.

ILB, OG, 3rd RB, and TE would all be a tie for 5th.

Back
Top Bottom