What position is Miami's DIRE NEED in draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position is Miami's DIRE NEED in draft?

Positions

• FS

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • LB

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Interior DL

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • RB

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I know there are many holes on the team, but if one position is in immediate help, which is it?

*Considering Saban promised St. Clair (I think it's him) he would not draft a LT

colmax said:
I know there are many holes on the team, but if one position is in immediate help, which is it?

*Considering Saban promised St. Clair (I think it's him) he would not draft a LT
This is a very good question. Most people will probably say RB(We really do need one), but from the way we played in 2004, OL is our main need. Like you said LT is a big problem(we might be able to fix it with the guys we have). The main reason we had no running game last year was because as soon as Feeley would hand the ball off, the RB was already in the arms of the Defense.

Also, it was McIntosh that Saban made the promise to.

If we get the offensive line hammered down, Feeley will have more confidence/play better and that will open up the running game as well. Offensive line is our biggest need.

This is not me being a blind homer here, because I am not one, but listen...

Don't forget that Damion McIntosh was coming into last season with a gimpy ankle. He was not 100%. Now he has had a full season to heal. I'm not saying he's going to be a world-beater, but with Hudson Houck coming in, he will not only be better coached but he will be healthy again.

Also, I think the signing of one, Stockar McDougal, has flown too much under the raidar. I don't know if you've noticed, but Detroit has been scrambling to sign another right tackle ever since he left them.
This guy is a very good, aggressive run blocker who will shore up our right side.

Our line still may be mediocre, but it'll be a HELL of a lot better than last year, I can promise you that.

Dudeman said:
he promised McIntosh if he took a pay cut to the vet min that he wouldn't sign or draft another LT

THIS YEAR....which is smart because 6 power-house LT's are coming out of nex year's draft

its not the line anymore...with the addition of McDougle..we can shift what we have and Houck will make them better...its not anything on Defense...we go offense strong and hard...i see us picking up Williams or Edwards if we get a second pick

I'm going with RB and I'll give you my reason why.

Our 2003/2004 season we had Ricky Williams a great RB, we had a lousy O-line, no depth at WR and Jay Fiedler at QB, we almost made the playoffs.

Our 2004/2005 season we don't have Ricky Williams and we have basically 3rd string RB's and practice squad RB's as our starters, we still have a lousy O-line, more depth at WR due to Booker and Jay Fiedler and AJ Feeley at QB, we have the 2nd pick overall in the draft.

This year we actually got coaching on the offensive side that know what they are doing, much better than last year, we did make some slight changes to our O-line ex. McDougle. Our depth at WR is basically the same. We have Gus Ferotte and AJ Feeley at QB, imo Ferotte is actually an upgrade from Fiedler plus he knows the new playbook. I hate to do this but look at San Deigo, they passed on Vick aka Mexico and traded down and took LT. It shows that you can build your team around your RB to open up the passing game. I'm not saying Vick is any better or worse than LT but I think it shows that you can build your team around a RB or QB on the offensive side. Also look at some teams that have gone to the Super Bowl. Carolina had great RB's and a great D and a decent QB. Baltimore had a great RB, great D and an ok QB. We have a great D, and decent QB and with a power stud RB we have potential to be great.

Probably QB I would say. We have talent at all positions but the talent level is not good enough and a lot of players haven't reached their potential.

I would say QB. Although our OL was bad last year it was the QB turnovers and decision making that cost us most of the losses which many were clode games even with the bad turnover ratio.

We need someone smart back there who knows what they are doing and can make plays when they break down.

Even though sammy morris proved he can do something run game is important and i rather have someone brown williams or someone like that in the back field

Runnningback is dire need!

AJ's number speak for themselves. A 61.7 QB rating; a 11-15 TD to Int ratio; 5 int's returned for TD's. Those numbers are pathetic but what's most perplexing is the fact that he will be 28 this season. Peyton Manning earned his second MVP at that age.

QB is the greatest need on this team.

In the words of Jason Taylor: "We need to win. Pick whoever the hell you want, I don't care".

Back
Top Bottom