What positions don't we need?

BLUEPHIN

Starter
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
283
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Island
I have been reading alot of nonsense that our team needs to fill about every position...then I started thinking about it and we have alot of questions! I am optimistic and excited about the change but would like to know what positions are solid for us and where we need to fill some holes?:confused:
 

MiamiMan147

I'm a Rocket Man
Joined
Oct 26, 2002
Messages
913
Reaction score
0
Age
41
TE is the one position where we really dont need anything. Maybe FB as well, but only because we wont be using one much. Besides that there are positions where our needs aren't pressing but we could benefit from some help. CB is iffy since we'll be replacing Surtain with either Howard or Poole, but its probably near the bottom of the list. Maybe LB as well, but we're getting old and that position will need some love in a year or 2.
 

Joey 22

Second String
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,447
Reaction score
0
RT, DE, TE, CB. LB is a need indeed. And well we could even still get another DE, who knows? Its just that I dont want D Bowens around anymore.
 

mercury 40

Scout Team
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
oline doesnt need too many just subtract whitley and smith and we will be better. although a center might be warrented.
 

MikeO

Premium Member
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
15,327
Reaction score
123
QB (not this year at least).
CB (got too many as is)
 

ChambersWI

Owner of the Palace of Wisdom
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
16,319
Reaction score
4,207
Location
Harrisburg, PA
MikeO said:
QB (not this year at least).
CB (got too many as is)
I kind of agree. If we are to take QB it should be Smith, or a late round guy that can spend a year or 2 on the PS.

CB... if we keep Surtain we've got more than enough CBs, and even if we don't we've got enough. Maybe draft one late in the draft.

We do not need a FB cause they aren't used much, and TE isn't big either.
 

MikeO

Premium Member
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
15,327
Reaction score
123
ChambersWI said:
I kind of agree. If we are to take QB it should be Smith, or a late round guy that can spend a year or 2 on the PS.

CB... if we keep Surtain we've got more than enough CBs, and even if we don't we've got enough. Maybe draft one late in the draft.

We do not need a FB cause they aren't used much, and TE isn't big either.
Even if we trade Surtain we don't need a CB. Jesus Christ, how much of our cap can be tied up in one position? Madison, Howard, Poole.........3 is enough!!!!
 

ChambersWI

Owner of the Palace of Wisdom
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
16,319
Reaction score
4,207
Location
Harrisburg, PA
MikeO said:
Even if we trade Surtain we don't need a CB. Jesus Christ, how much of our cap can be tied up in one position? Madison, Howard, Poole.........3 is enough!!!!
I said we don't need one, but maybe draft one late. Even without Surtain I said we've got enough, but we could draft one late.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
Poole doesn't cost us a damn. New England just spent three first round picks on their DL in the past 4 years you think they're regretting it?
 

MikeO

Premium Member
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
15,327
Reaction score
123
Jaj said:
Poole doesn't cost us a damn. New England just spent three first round picks on their DL in the past 4 years you think they're regretting it?
They already have an offense that is good. We don't!!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!:shakeno:

When you are a Super Bowl team you can draft for depth! When you suck (like Miami) you draft to get better.
 

MikeO

Premium Member
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
15,327
Reaction score
123
ChambersWI said:
I said we don't need one, but maybe draft one late. Even without Surtain I said we've got enough, but we could draft one late.
Late means round 5 or 6. Not round 1!
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
Was New England a Superbowl team in 01? Did they look like they were going to be in 03?
 

MikeO

Premium Member
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
15,327
Reaction score
123
Jaj said:
Was New England a Superbowl team in 01? Did they look like they were going to be in 03?
Uh, New England WON the Super Bowl in the 01-02' season! :wink: :shakeno:
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
Before the draft... They were coming off a piss poor season the year before.
 
Top Bottom