What positions don't we need? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What positions don't we need?

MikeO said:
Even if we trade Surtain we don't need a CB. Jesus Christ, how much of our cap can be tied up in one position? Madison, Howard, Poole.........3 is enough!!!!

You seem to forget Mario Edwards...and howard at best is a nickel back...poole has the potential to be a very good cb,but still hasnt shown just enough...Madison is a lock for 1/2 the starting cb spot

I wouldnt mind actually getting another guy late...say 4th round cause member we found poole there and he was a steal...say we find a guy like Corey Webster...who could possibly drop that far, I'm sorry whether its a need or not saban knows his own talent very well and he would not pass on a guy like that

MikeO said:
They already have an offense that is good. We don't!!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!:shakeno:

When you are a Super Bowl team you can draft for depth! When you suck (like Miami) you draft to get better.

They only sucked last year. Much of that was due to coaching disarray and injuries to the D-tackles. This team is not too far removed from the 10-6 teams 2-3 years ago.
While I admit they have holes to fill, this is not a crappy team as some have suggested.

jlfin said:
They only sucked last year. Much of that was due to coaching disarray and injuries to the D-tackles. This team is not too far removed from the 10-6 teams 2-3 years ago.
While I admit they have holes to fill, this is not a crappy team as some have suggested.
Even at 10-6 our offense sucked. WE had bad o-line, no pass protection, no QB play, and terrible WR's. We were 10-6 because of Ricky, Olindo, and the defense.

MikeO said:
Even at 10-6 our offense sucked. WE had bad o-line, no pass protection, no QB play, and terrible WR's. We were 10-6 because of Ricky, Olindo, and the defense.

That's fine, but they are not a crappy team. I don't agree that we have terrible WR's. I think making a wholesale change in the O-line was a mistake, especially with a lot of young players. However, O-lineman usually need a few years to develop. This O-line could actually develop into a strength.
QB is still a question mark and I wish DW had stuck with Feeley, just so he could have been better evaluated.
This team made the playoffs without RW, so I don't buy that argument.
Most of the problems had to do with coaching, or lack thereof.
I think coaching gets under rated. Shula took some pretty average teams to the playoffs. He took a team to the SB with David Woodley (not NFL caliber, worse than Fiedler) an average RB (Tony Nathan) and average WR's (Cefalo, Harris). The O-line and D-line were good. The CB's were average (McNeal was good, but not as good as prior to rupturing his achilles). Safeties (Blackwood bros) were solid, but unspectacular.

We were 4-12 and 2 of those wins came over other doormates like SF and Cleveland. WE ARE CRAPPY! The truth hurts, but its a fact.

The o-line looks the same as last year to me (right now at least). Move Vernon to the other side. Hope McIntosh is 100%. Wade SMith at center (gotta stop laughing at that one). Looks like the crap just got moved around on the plate.

This isn't a quick fix. But the offense is crappy and sucks. DRAFT OFFENSE! And lots of it. The defense might not be great, but it can hold its own.

According to another thread, theres one thing we dont need.... A LONG SNAPPER!!

MikeO said:
We were 4-12 and 2 of those wins came over other doormates like SF and Cleveland. WE ARE CRAPPY! The truth hurts, but its a fact.

The o-line looks the same as last year to me (right now at least). Move Vernon to the other side. Hope McIntosh is 100%. Wade SMith at center (gotta stop laughing at that one). Looks like the crap just got moved around on the plate.

This isn't a quick fix. But the offense is crappy and sucks. DRAFT OFFENSE! And lots of it. The defense might not be great, but it can hold its own.

Offensive linemen (more than any other position) need time to develop and they need to work as a cohesive unit. Wise did a poor job.
However, as I stated previously, there a many young linemen on this team and the potential is there for this becoming a strength. You are too willing to write these guys off.
Grey Rueggamer and Chris Gray were written off years ago and they became decent players (not great). Heck, Gene Williams actually started at guard for the Falcons when they went to the SB several years ago.

Aquanator B1000 said:
our qb ranked 31st last year in qb rating. and we don't need a qb?

already added one this offseason :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

MikeO said:
already added one this offseason :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

So if we draft Alex Smith will you complain until the start of the season?

Aquanator B1000 said:
gus f*cking ferrott? are you serious?

Feeley and Gus. You want to waste a #2 draft pick and have him hold a clipboard and be listed as inactive the entire season? And "hope" he pans out a year or two down the road?

This isn't Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, or even Eli Manning. ALEX SMITH or AARON RODGERS! Neither are sure things!

I think we can make a genuine arguement for drafting a player at any position.

The only position that we really don't need a player is at TE, but then again Randy is in a career year.. so there is a kind of need.

Back
Top Bottom