What positions don't we need? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What positions don't we need?

ChambersWI said:
So if we draft Alex Smith will you complain until the start of the season?

Complain.....no. Predict we will be as bad or worse than last year. Maybe! Gotta see what else we do.

MikeO said:
Feeley and Gus. You want to waste a #2 draft pick and have him hold a clipboard and be listed as inactive the entire season? And "hope" he pans out a year or two down the road?

This isn't Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, or even Eli Manning. ALEX SMITH or AARON RODGERS! Neither are sure things!

no player in any draft is a "sure thing" no rb, no qb, nothing.

that short term thinking is the exact reason we are 4-12 now. that is wanny's philosophy that has got us to where we are now. no thanks...i'll rebuild and look for the future. we're not going to compete with NE any time soon anyway.

Aquanator B1000 said:
no player in any draft is a "sure thing" no rb, no qb, nothing.

that short term thinking is the exact reason we are 4-12 now. that is wanny's philosophy that has got us to where we are now. no thanks...i'll rebuild and look for the future. we're not going to compete with NE any time soon anyway.

There are no sure things, but there are real good things. Rodgers and Smith are more like Mirar and Leaf and not like Peyton and Bledsoe. One isn't great and the other has question marks. BOTH have question marks.

There are a lot of guys who were/are sure things. Vick "Sure thing". Edge "sure thing". Miami has 2 QB's on their team now that are capable. Neither of the top 2 in the draft have huge potential by any means. Pass on them both and look elsewhere.

Aquanator B1000 said:
ron dayne was once thought of as a sure thing.
No he wasn't. But believe that if you want.

mercury 40 said:
oline doesnt need too many just subtract whitley and smith and we will be better. although a center might be warrented.

personally, I think we have our backup O-Line pretty much set. Now we just need to find 5 starters. :lol:

Seriously, I think James and Carey can probably start. Smith, McIntosh, McKinney, St. Clair, and Whitley, I have my doubts.

yankeehillbilly said:
personally, I think we have our backup O-Line pretty much set. Now we just need to find 5 starters. :lol:

Seriously, I think James and Carey can probably start. Smith, McIntosh, McKinney, St. Clair, and Whitley, I have my doubts.

Just play it easy, let Saban draft a Center this year, a LT next year and let Houck mold these guys into a team.

Aquanator B1000 said:
dude no draft player is a sure thing. ricky was a "sure thing" look how he turned out.

Whatever. Live in whatever fantasy world you want. There are sure things. But believe what you want.

Im not gonna argue this with you.

MikeO said:
Whatever. Live in whatever fantasy world you want. There are sure things. But believe what you want.

Im not gonna argue this with you.

Ryan Leaf was a sure thing.
In fact there is another thread on this board of the biggest draft busts.
Most of them were considered "sure things"

yankeehillbilly said:

No he wasn't. :shakeno:

To be a "sure thing" there must be no debate. Indy debated on Manning or Leaf then decided on Manning.

yankeehillbilly said:

exactly stating that any player who has not played a single down in the NFL as a "sure thing" is flat out ridiculous.

MikeO said:
No he wasn't. :shakeno:

To be a "sure thing" there must be no debate. Indy debated on Manning or Leaf then decided on Manning.

Manning had debate. Your twisting facts around. The debate was that Manning lacked the physical tools of usual #1 picks. His throws had some flutter, and his arm is merely good not a cannon. Some considered his upside limited.

Aquanator B1000 said:
exactly stating that any player who has not played a single down in the NFL as a "sure thing" is flat out ridiculous.

You just stated Ron Dayne was a sure thing! :shakeno: :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom