What positions don't we need? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What positions don't we need?

BLUEPHIN

Starter
Reaction score
I have been reading alot of nonsense that our team needs to fill about every position...then I started thinking about it and we have alot of questions! I am optimistic and excited about the change but would like to know what positions are solid for us and where we need to fill some holes?:confused:

TE is the one position where we really dont need anything. Maybe FB as well, but only because we wont be using one much. Besides that there are positions where our needs aren't pressing but we could benefit from some help. CB is iffy since we'll be replacing Surtain with either Howard or Poole, but its probably near the bottom of the list. Maybe LB as well, but we're getting old and that position will need some love in a year or 2.

RT, DE, TE, CB. LB is a need indeed. And well we could even still get another DE, who knows? Its just that I dont want D Bowens around anymore.

oline doesnt need too many just subtract whitley and smith and we will be better. although a center might be warrented.

QB (not this year at least).
CB (got too many as is)

MikeO said:
QB (not this year at least).
CB (got too many as is)

I kind of agree. If we are to take QB it should be Smith, or a late round guy that can spend a year or 2 on the PS.

CB... if we keep Surtain we've got more than enough CBs, and even if we don't we've got enough. Maybe draft one late in the draft.

We do not need a FB cause they aren't used much, and TE isn't big either.

ChambersWI said:
I kind of agree. If we are to take QB it should be Smith, or a late round guy that can spend a year or 2 on the PS.

CB... if we keep Surtain we've got more than enough CBs, and even if we don't we've got enough. Maybe draft one late in the draft.

We do not need a FB cause they aren't used much, and TE isn't big either.

Even if we trade Surtain we don't need a CB. Jesus Christ, how much of our cap can be tied up in one position? Madison, Howard, Poole.........3 is enough!!!!

MikeO said:
Even if we trade Surtain we don't need a CB. Jesus Christ, how much of our cap can be tied up in one position? Madison, Howard, Poole.........3 is enough!!!!

I said we don't need one, but maybe draft one late. Even without Surtain I said we've got enough, but we could draft one late.

Poole doesn't cost us a damn. New England just spent three first round picks on their DL in the past 4 years you think they're regretting it?

Jaj said:
Poole doesn't cost us a damn. New England just spent three first round picks on their DL in the past 4 years you think they're regretting it?

They already have an offense that is good. We don't!!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!:shakeno:

When you are a Super Bowl team you can draft for depth! When you suck (like Miami) you draft to get better.

ChambersWI said:
I said we don't need one, but maybe draft one late. Even without Surtain I said we've got enough, but we could draft one late.

Late means round 5 or 6. Not round 1!

Was New England a Superbowl team in 01? Did they look like they were going to be in 03?

Jaj said:
Was New England a Superbowl team in 01? Did they look like they were going to be in 03?

Uh, New England WON the Super Bowl in the 01-02' season! :wink: :shakeno:

Before the draft... They were coming off a piss poor season the year before.

Back
Top Bottom