What Positives... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Positives...

Just lapses of concentration, my friend. I'm concerned about Grant (who may not be a natural ball catcher), but not about Williams.
You are concerned, but I am convinced that Grant will never have good hands. To me he is just one of those speedsters you throw a long ball to and HOPE that he catches it for a long TD. He is NOT the guy I want to throw the ball to on 3rd down.

The defense while still lacking played much better and held the Patriots to 16 points through almost 3 quarters while the Patriots were having a 2 to 1 advantage in the TOP department. Included in those 16 points is holding the Patriots to a FG after they had an interception inside our own 40.
This is why I said they played pretty well. If we didn’t go 3 and out 4,900 times it would have been a game.

• Beigel, Jenkins, and Carradine generating pressure.
  • Jenkins, Godchaux, and Wilkins did an acceptable job controlling the LOS
  • X played well except for run support
  • The offensive scheme generated opportunities and wide open players - too bad the line sabotaged the effort
  • Rosen made some nice throws
  • We flat out won some snaps this game - much better than the first
  • Gesicki’s route running
There are probably more. I want to see them start stacking this together. I want to see if Boehm can give us some decent guard play. Kilgore needs to start doing his job and stop over helping the guards.

That is an assumption by you and is actually counter to everything Bellichick is about. The Patriots do not roll out vanilla offenses during regular season games because they feel they can beat us by 63.

... you realize your post is also JUST an assumption too, right?

No reason for them to use any interesting playcalls when they can beat us with the part of their playbook every other team has seen. It's just logic.

Uniforms look great.

They need to go back to the classic look full time. Hopefully that is the plan a few years down the road.

... you realize your post is also JUST an assumption too, right?

No reason for them to use any interesting playcalls when they can beat us with the part of their playbook every other team has seen. It's just logic.
My assumption is based on the fact that for the last 20 years the Patriots under Belichick and Brady have never taken anybody lightly. The simple fact that they kept all their starters in until the very last moment (even going on 4th down for a TD rather than a FG) is evidence enough.

Interesting playcalls? Patriots deploy the same stuff year in and year out. :bobdole:

Good lordy, you people....

My assumption is based on the fact that for the last 20 years the Patriots under Belichick and Brady have never taken anybody lightly. The simple fact that they kept all their starters in until the very last moment (even going on 4th down for a TD rather than a FG) is evidence enough.

Interesting playcalls? Patriots deploy the same stuff year in and year out. :bobdole:

Good lordy, you people....

Lol, you people? Are you part of the other people who think the Dolphins are going to perennially be in the playoffs?

Of course they kept their starters in - this was a PRACTICE game for them. PRESEASON game.

They targeted Antonio Brown 8 times in his first game - they were purposely trying to get him extra looks to get him acquainted with the offense. Extra looks because they knew even if the play didn't work out, we weren't going to do anything.

No one respects Miami this season, and especially not the Patriots. Get it through your head.

Back
Top Bottom