What QB does Tua remind you of. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What QB does Tua remind you of.

Much better thrower than Russell...not even close.

Drew Brees would be my comp. Not close to Wilson or Young athletically.

Tua's main attributes are accuracy ,looking off the db's,and ball placement...EVERYONE agrees with this..nation wide.
You posted the opposite. You see things differently than everyone else in the country...My bad..you are the QB guru..
I bow to your knowledge....:sneaky

Accuracy and ball placement are basically the same thing. Is he accurate? Sure he is. He has a live arm and puts the ball on point. Looking off DBs? When? Alabama schemes to narrow the field for him in thirds and halves. If you look at this video from the game against Duke, it's obvious that the field is made "smaller" for him. Even against a very inferior opponent. Quick hitches to one side, rolls to and throws to that side. When he looked to go deep and it wasn't there, he didn't bother looking for a check down. It's all or nothing for him.

I'm not saying Tua isn't a great athlete and an above average COLLEGE QB. I just don't see his skill set transitioning to the NFL. There have been countless great college QBs that have had the same problem. If we draft him (or anyone else) and he does great, I'll be the first to acknowledge being wrong and eat crow.

Ill bring the salt to help u eat it.. Tua is going number 1 overall

Vs Duke he looked like Steve Young but I think his overall accuracy especially on intermediates is at a higher level than Young.

Young was more accurate than anyone, maybe ever. Let's not get crazy now.

Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Brady are more accurate, and comparing BYU's Steve Young to Tua, I'd say Tua is making tougher throws that Young was at BYU.

Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Brady are more accurate, and comparing BYU's Steve Young to Tua, I'd say Tua is making tougher throws that Young was at BYU.

Oh please. Steve Young spent the better part of a decade 3-5% ahead of the next closest quarterback in competition percentage, while also routinely leading the league in yards per attempt. His efficiency numbers are right there with a Drew Brees --- only two decades earlier, in an era when being that efficient was harder (Young obviously threw a lot less than QBs do now).

I get that this is all fun and games, but let's not bastardize history.

The modern era of football is a bigger cheat code for competition percentage than anything Bill Walsh could draw up. That's why you have to compare people within the era they played in. Steve Young had his flaws, especially when he was young, but he was an absolute marksman, and after he matured a great decision maker.

If the Dolphins draft Tua, and get a Steve Young, that's more than anyone could hope for. Prime Steve Young is a top 3 QB in the NFL right now.

Last edited:
Spot on, Steve Young was a Stud. I would take him over any QB currently playing. San Francisco was a thrashing machine with him at the controls.

Of the recent QB's, he's most similar to Mayfield, who reminded me most of Brees. He doesn't freestyle as much as Mayfield, but that's not the strength of Mayfield's game anyway.

If only Young had some good WRs to throw to in that system.

And I'm not saying Young wasn't great on his own. Certain WRs take a QBs stats to another level.

Of the recent QB's, he's most similar to Mayfield, who reminded me most of Brees. He doesn't freestyle as much as Mayfield, but that's not the strength of Mayfield's game anyway.
I was just thinking of accurate QBs. Tua strikes me as one of the most accurate QBs. Do you think he's of the same level as Mayfield or better or worse?

Better..I'm still not convinced about Baker yet...but..what do i and Slimm know?..we're just fanboys.

Back
Top Bottom