What quality’s make a excellent coach? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What quality’s make a excellent coach?

What would you want first in our Coaches and Assistants?

• Take charge in your face butt kicker?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Excellent point. The Chargers game really comes to mind for me. Miami was outcoached on both sides of the ball. That was the game right after San Francisco showed " the blueprint " for slowing down Hill and Waddle.

That was the time to use other weapons and to adjust offensely.

Also, an an aside the officials really let opponents get handsy with Hill and Waddle down the stretch. Lots of holding that wasn't called.

That's actually another area where McDaniel can improve. Get on the officials when they are missing calls.

Exactly! Exactly! Worst it’s not like we didn’t have other weapons in our backs coming out the backfield and Yes! Gesicki. Yes! Smythe

They couldn’t possibly cover all of those targets effectively while slowing down Hill and Waddle.

But it felt like our play calling was “tunnel” vision and a little ego/pride. We’re going to force the ball to Waddle/Hill.

In the 49ers game they had their MLB dropping 10+ yards helping to take away the middle and our bread and butter passing.

How are we not destroying them with dink dunk passes out the backfield for 5+ yards a pop?

I’ll tell you why. Tua and McD are aggressive coaches. They thrive in big plays. When it works it’s great. But being flexible is the best skillset on offense.

Exactly! Exactly! Worst it’s not like we didn’t have other weapons in our backs coming out the backfield and Yes! Gesicki. Yes! Smythe

They couldn’t possibly cover all of those targets effectively while slowing down Hill and Waddle.

But it felt like our play calling was “tunnel” vision and a little ego/pride. We’re going to force the ball to Waddle/Hill.

In the 49ers game they had their MLB dropping 10+ yards helping to take away the middle and our bread and butter passing.

How are we not destroying them with dink dunk passes out the backfield for 5+ yards a pop?

I’ll tell you why. Tua and McD are aggressive coaches. They thrive in big plays. When it works it’s great. But being flexible is the best skillset on offense.
Plus, we know Tua can be successful in dink and dunk. Now do both!

I know Miami needs a running back who can catch out of the backfield. Mostert is okay. Wilson didn't look great in that capacity. Maybe that's why the Dolphins brought back Gaskin. Just on case they miss in the draft.

Gesicki should have feasted, but a multidimensional tight end will allow McDaniel to disguise his play calling more.

Plus, we know Tua can be successful in dink and dunk. Now do both!

I know Miami needs a running back who can catch out of the backfield. Mostert is okay. Wilson didn't look great in that capacity. Maybe that's why the Dolphins brought back Gaskin. Just on case they miss in the draft.

Gesicki should have feasted, but a multidimensional tight end will allow McDaniel to disguise his play calling more.

I don’t buy the narrative our backs can’t catch. I buy the narrative we never really tried to give them opportunities to catch the ball.

No vote. I feel like you'd get as different responses as there are differences in people. 💁‍♂️

All of the above...

I didn't vote, but in the long run; I think you just have to be a good administrator. Knowing how to balance all of the responsibilities is key.

I don’t buy the narrative our backs can’t catch. I buy the narrative we never really tried to give them opportunities to catch the ball.
You may be right. But it would make this offense so hard to defend if Miami had a legitimate threat out of the backfield.

The most important quality is knowing "quality's" is not the plural of quality. That would be "qualities".

OMG, it's 3:14 AM....... Mach needs to get a life.....

IMO the best coaching trait is the ability to get the most out of your players. I don't care if he's a dictator or if he's a player's coach.

I see the "emotionalites" have entered this poll. - rLOL
Ray is the perfect coach because he’s always right!

There is no correct answer except Leadership. And that can mean many different things.

Leadership, the ability to develop players and make in game adjustments in real time.

Back
Top Bottom