What round is Whitehearst | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What round is Whitehearst

hunter5nc1 said:
Depending on the combine. With his mechanics I feel like his stock will rise.

shouldnt rise that much. he will definitly go 2nd day. most likely 5th-7th.

the scouts may like his arm and mechanics, but the minute the pop in the tape, they will not touch him day 1.

Nappy Roots said:
shouldnt rise that much. he will definitly go 2nd day. most likely 5th-7th.

the scouts may like his arm and mechanics, but the minute the pop in the tape, they will not touch him day 1.

Do you feel that we should use our #1 pick on a QB or get one in the later rounds?

I've watched just about every game of Charlie's career at Clemson. His junior season was riddled with a stale offensive co-ordinator, no running game in the first half of the season and receivers that could not catch a cold buck naked in Janurary. He bounced back this year and played well until he hurt his shoulder 2/3 of the way threw the season. He missed one game and gutted out the rest. He has had arthroscopic surgery since the end of the season. He plays particulary well in big games and is calm coming down the stretch to win.

Where should he be drafted....at this point I woud say third round....he will only see the 6 th round if his injury has not healed.

Now, if he goes to the Senior bowl and is clearly better than the often mentioned Cutler.....well we will see.

If his shoulder is healed, plays well in the Senior Bowl, and does well in the combine...He will move up to rounds 2 to 4. He has all the physical tools, just some really bad decision making.

hes a good QB.....drove me crazy when he played my canes....he looked like he had some talent.

hunter5nc1 said:
Do you feel that we should use our #1 pick on a QB or get one in the later rounds?

well obviously im not in the NFL for a reason. but i dont know what Sabans thinking, heres what i would do based on what Saban thinks.

He likes Cleo and thinks he could be a good #2 and feels like he get a QB that could start for us for a years to come(culpepper, ramsey, harrington, mccown etc.), then i woudlnt draft a QB at all for obvious reason.

If he doesnt know about Cleo, but wants to keep him and Gus. or He wants to sign someone like McNair, Johnson, Greise, Dilfer etc. Then i would draft a QB with our 1st pick.

If he wants to keep Gus and Sign someone like McNair. Have them battle it out for starting job, i wouldnt draft a QB at all. Cause wheres he gonna go? we already used a pick on Cleo.

If he likes Cleo as a good #2, and he gets a stop gap like McNair or keeps Gus, then i would want a QB in the later rounds.

This is one offseason where i dont know what i would do honestly. There is so many option, and so many different things can happen.

yeah......i think he could be a day 1 pick if he played at a bigger school like Texas or something.

If Whitehurst makes it to our 4th round pick, it wouldnt suprize me at all to see him taken. Saban so far has taken underperforming players and turned found a way to get the most out of them. Look at Chambers, Welker, Donnie Jones, and even the OL, and yes I know that some of these are due to very good positional coaches. But they get the most out of every player and I think they could turn Whitehurst around.

ether79 said:
He won't be going in the 2nd. Anywhere from late 3rd to 6th I'd say.

He could be a steal in the mid rounds. Teams will be scared to give up a 1st day pick because of his shoulder injury. That injury affected him some this season. If fully healed he is an interesting prospect.

Back
Top Bottom