What Rule Changes Would You Like to See....Miami Edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Rule Changes Would You Like to See....Miami Edition

Refs that blow a call don't get paid for that game
AND are out for at least one game possibly more depending on the blown call.

2 punt rule changes
Rule change #1: get rid of the whimpy punts on 4th and 1. Anything under 5 yards there is no punting. :chuckle:
Rule change #2: mandatory punts for Patriots on 1st down. :lol:
So.........4th and 3 from your OWN 16 yard line requires an offensive play? That's just for Dolphin opponents, right!!!!!!!!???????

A Miami TD should be worth 8 points not counting the extra point.

Miami should be allowed 12 players on the field so we can having a fighting chance.
12 players not including the qb or mlb and an extra point counts as a field goal. Also we get 1 point for every punt we make.

When there's defensive pass interference, the offense automatically gets the ball wherever the ball was thrown to....even if it was like 40 yards downfield. That to me is dumb, just make it a 10 yard penalty.

Roughing the passer and kicker, to an extent, needs to go. A little nudge or tackling the legs is nothing. A huge hit, sure.

If you get rid of kickoffs and extra points, kickers will be doing almost nothing all game. So I wouldn't be in favor of it.

Holding penalties need to be reviewed, too many holding calls for little holds. If its a major hold, sure.

That catch that was ruled a non touchdown by Preston Williams vs Baltimore I think? Is a terrific example of what I call B.S.

He had control across the plane with 2 feet down. Because he fell and barely lost it they call it incomplete.

How is this any different than a WR, RB. TE or QB Diving across the end zone, breaking the plane to get an instant TD even if the ball is stripped.

The ball location and possession are the keys.

Talking out of both sides of their mouths here IMO.

One thing that consistently bothers me is how some quarterbacks are protected more than others. If the refs are going to overprotect the quarterbacks I'm fine with that as long as its consistent across the board. Talk to Carolina fans. Teams are aloud to knock Cam Newton around in a way that would continuously draw flags if it were Tom Brady. That affects the integrity of the game when the rules are not consistent for both sides.

I'm also not in favor of too many rules where judgement calls are required, but I agree with others here that the pass interference rule needs modification.

Ironically, I heard a conversation on sports talk about the current kickoff rule and how that has taken away what used to be an exciting play. They didn't really have an answer, but one caller suggested 7-7 for kickoffs. I guess that would limit the number of players that could get hurt??? I don't know how you can balance that injury factor with what was once an exciting part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom