What should we do with our 3rd round pick?

What should we do with our 3rd round pick?

• Draft an offensive lineman?

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Draft a QB?

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Draft a RB?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade up, if we can?

• Trade down?

• Draft the best player available?

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • OTHER?

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

SWS84

Second String
Reaction score
I think I would stay with upgrading the Offensive line, if there is a solid player available. Ye ole "picking the best available" also sounds good. :D :cool: :D

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
It'll be the best available player if the tackle we want isnt on the board. We no longer need a guard.

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
yup - we need someone that is going to make the team. At this point that is going to be tough unless they are a OL w/lots of potential or someone who can play s-t and replace Gaylon and McGarrahan - though we still have Gamble - so I go back to OL or LB :rolleyes:

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Go with best player available at OL, DL, or LB.
I can't believe no one said defensive line.:confused:

mp1384

Rookie
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if WannSpiel goes DL in round three, especially if Bromell signs elsewhere.

OL is the logical choice, and there should be some good players available - Fred Weary, Eric Heitman, Melvin Paige, LeCharles Bentley, Scott Peters, etc.

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
We still need a guard. I don't think that Dixon, Perry, and the new guy we signed (brain fart, forgot the name) will cut it. All are old, all aren't very good, all get injured a lot. We need help EVERYWHERE on the o-line. We also need depth at LB and at d-line. I would draft an o-lineman if there is someone decent left. If not, I would take the best LB or DL left in the draft. We could also use some help at slot WR. Gadsden, Chambers, and Ward don't cut it. I personally think McKnight should be waived since he causes more interceptions than Fiedler does. We don't have a real playmaker at WR other than Chambers. There are a lot of solid WR's in the draft. One that comes to mind that could be a late round pick is Brian Poli-Dixon, the 6'5 WR from UCLA. That guy is huge and probably could get a spot on the UCLA B-Ball Team.

dofnsman4303

Scout Team
Reaction score
I would go with a guard unless there is a very attractive defensivelinemen or maybe outside linebacker still on the board but they would have to be good for me not to take a guard.

Cranx

Hammered
Reaction score
Originally posted by breckenridge55
We could also use some help at slot WR. Gadsden, Chambers, and Ward don't cut it. I personally think McKnight should be waived since he causes more interceptions than Fiedler does. We don't have a real playmaker at WR other than Chambers. There are a lot of solid WR's in the draft. One that comes to mind that could be a late round pick is Brian Poli-Dixon, the 6'5 WR from UCLA. That guy is huge and probably could get a spot on the UCLA B-Ball Team.
I'm sorry but I totally disagree. Miami, if everyone is healthy, has one of the best, most complete, receiving corps in football. While I disagree with your assessment of the current corps, I would love to see Poli-Dixon in a 'Fin uniform. He's a very good receiver but I'm not sure that he'll fall down to the fourth or fifth rounds since the 'Fins will likely spend their first pick on the O-line and second on defense. If they were to pick him up down in #5 he would be a steal.:p

VanDolPhan

Starter
Reaction score
Gagsden not good enough for the slot my butt.

Gagsden is THE man for the slot and if Wanny has a brain Gagsden will be the slot reciever this year.

Top Bottom