What sides are you leaning to? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What sides are you leaning to?

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
This will be an exciting offseason.

Let's all go on record on what side we lean towards on each of the relevant subjects so far.

Watson

Howard

What would you like the general strategy to be?

On Watson; I would just do my thing and wait until the Texans offer Watson and then deal w it. Period. Ignore it otherwise.

Howard; gimme a Top 16 pick + another 1st, otherwise I risk the hold out, try to convince him to play another year on this contract and renew next year.

#3, trade down, depending on Howard pick either a CB or WR.

#18, trade down also to maybe 24-25 and take Harris.

Stock pile value, whether players or picks, general rule. I want multiple picks in 2022 again.

I'm personally on board with everything you said, other than taking a cornerback with a first round pick. That wouldn't even be a consideration for me.

I'm on the Tua train, give him a chance to become the QB most feel he can become. That being said DW is a fantastic QB but I would only trade for him if we are robbing Houston blind! For everyone wanting to give up all our top picks for this trade, I ask how do we build this team up? We can't solve all our issues through FA, we need to get majority of the parts from the draft and use FA as a tool to complete the picture. Trading for DW might actually set us further back in taking the right steps forward.

So back to Tua, draft Smith, trade up for Pitts and figure out away to get Harris. FA can get us to fill out our WR and OL issues, we don't need super stars just get Flores' type players.

Let's all go on record on what side we lean towards on each of the relevant subjects so far.

Watson

Howard

On Watson; I would just do my thing and wait until the Texans offer Watson and then deal w it. Period. Ignore it otherwise.

Howard; gimme a Top 16 pick + another 1st, otherwise I risk the hold out, try to convince him to play another year on this contract and renew next year.

Stock pile value, whether players or picks, general rule. I want multiple picks in 2022 again.
My thinking as well.

Well If we trade Howard and trade down to 6-7 I sure damn would take Surtain.
You think a team would give a top 10 pick for Howard rather than just take Surtain? In what scenario are you wanting to take Surtain, we pretty much have zero offensive weapons.

Watson: Depends on the price
Howard: Tell him to pound sand
3: Penei Sewell
18: Rousseau or BA WR

I'm on the Tua train, give him a chance to become the QB most feel he can become. That being said DW is a fantastic QB but I would only trade for him if we are robbing Houston blind! For everyone wanting to give up all our top picks for this trade, I ask how do we build this team up? We can't solve all our issues through FA, we need to get majority of the parts from the draft and use FA as a tool to complete the picture. Trading for DW might actually set us further back in taking the right steps forward.

So back to Tua, draft Smith, trade up for Pitts and figure out away to get Harris. FA can get us to fill out our WR and OL issues, we don't need super stars just get Flores' type players.
That doesn't make sense, so we could solve two offensive issues via free agency yet you're not willing to give up tua and the number 3 and number 18 for Watson.

Watson, I'm totally out on. We have our QB. Don't need to mess with the rebuild that's well underway. If we trade for him, we are basically writing off 21, maybe we sneak into the playoffs if the D performs like it did this year, highly doubt that with no additional resources. Since we have given up our cap advantages and draft picks we can't add to the O, so Parker's going to hobble around most of the year and Preston, Grant and Wilson will play 3 games, while Ford and Hollins try to get open. You can't resign Gesicki, so do you trade him before his contract is up ? In 22 Watson is taking $40 million of your cap while contributors like Ogbah's contract end, can you resign them ? Watson is not the quick fix that folks seem to think he is. If anything he lengthens the process, and in lengthening the process you are wasting the prime of his career.

Howard, I've changed my stance a little on, I would probably accept 2 firsts for him now, even though his skill set is so hard to replace. The injury history and the fact that his dead money hit is a manageable $4.2mill this year, makes him tradeable. Just got to hope that Iggy is ready, if that is the case, if not we need to take a Surtain with one of our draft picks we have acquired. If we don't get 2 firsts though I'm out on any trade.

#3 I'm clueless on at the moment, I probably still favour a trade down for a massive haul, that still gives us a chance to select one of Pitts, Smith, Waddle or Chase.

#18, If one of those top four receivers I just listed is still on the board then I'm running the card up there, if not I'm looking for a trade down, if non available I wouldn't be afraid to draft Harris here but would rather not, BPA at positions of need would be my call.

Watson

Howard

Pass on Watson

Keep Howard, we haven't had an all pro in a long time, injury concerns or not i'd like to keep him

Trade down from #3 to #5, draft D. Smith, and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick

Draft R. Bateman at 18 ( I love Bateman, IMHO he has a chance to be the best WR from this draft 5 years from now)

in the 2nd use our 1st pick to take either N Harris or J Williams, whoever is available

Extend Ogbah and enjoy a summer of using the Smoker and looking forward to another fun season.

Watson - I honestly dont think he is in play with Miami. If anyone, maybe the Jets may offer up both 1sts.

Howard - If someone (preferably that its a top 10 pick this year) offers up 2 firsts, (21/22) - Denver/Dallas maybe - then I would probably take that, and draft Surtain to replace him. If Howard goes, then draft Surtain at 9 or 10 with that pick from the Howard trade.

#3 - providing none of the other two scenarios take place, I would like to trade back a bit - Cinci may offer up 5 & 37 - which I would take, then draft Smith at 5. If no one offers us a trade, then I would take Smith at 3.

#18 - Collins the LB, Cosmi the OT, Ettienne .

Watson

Howard

Sides? Well I do like baked beans with bacon. Corn on the cob. Or Mac and Cheese for BBQ. I also like sopa, refried beans and avocado amongst others for family dishes.

Back
Top Bottom