What sides are you leaning to? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What sides are you leaning to?

What sides am I leaning to?

Right now I'm thinking the mashed potatoes and green beans with bacon.

Keep X. You reward excellence. He earns it. He won at least two games for us this year. Just not a long term contract. Four years max.

I wish we paid Landry....we really could used him this year. That fvcking Gase.

Watson - I honestly dont think he is in play with Miami. If anyone, maybe the Jets may offer up both 1sts.

Howard - If someone (preferably that its a top 10 pick this year) offers up 2 firsts, (21/22) - Denver/Dallas maybe - then I would probably take that, and draft Surtain to replace him. If Howard goes, then draft Surtain at 9 or 10 with that pick from the Howard trade.

#3 - providing none of the other two scenarios take place, I would like to trade back a bit - Cinci may offer up 5 & 37 - which I would take, then draft Smith at 5. If no one offers us a trade, then I would take Smith at 3.

#18 - Collins the LB, Cosmi the OT, Ettienne .

Jets for Watson is a good call, IF he is traded. I've watched a little (not nearly enough) of Collins's tape and I'm not convinced he's worth a first rounder tbh. Nor am I convinced we need to be spending a first on the LB spot, I want O and more O. I also don't want any other OT than Sewell, I don't see it as a need at all, Hunt and Jackson have enough potential to be developed, just Sewell is so damn good.

Fun post, will be fun to revisit in a few months. Iā€™m not trying to predict anything but my general feelings

Watson- pass on selling the farm for him. Good player but want to see how Tua develops

Howard- keep him. Iā€™d trade Byron Jones before him.

#3- Originally I wanted Parsons the most. But I will be happy with him, Sewell, or Smith. I might want Smith the most now? Iā€™m not sure. Ideally- we trade down- but stay in the top 10

#18- many options... depends how the prior pick goes, if no WR taken- take one, or even trade up for one. If we get Sewell/Smith, Iā€™d be like Zaven Collins.

i do want to come out of this draft with another right tackle though for sure as well

Watson: Straight up trade for Fitzmagic :HAT:. So in essence no Bueno.

Howard: NO contract changes. He got paid for 2018 and 2019 where he missed significant games. How long before his knees give out? If he holds out then he gets traded to the highest bidder. Use that pick(s) for his replacement and insurance for Jones and Noah.

#3: BPA. Field all calls for a trade down. Come out of this draft with more draft capital for 2022 (see below). Trade down 4-10 and pick up our receiver.

#18 BPA DE or OT

2nd round: RB and reciever.

What would you like the general strategy to be?

First, I want Tua to be our guy for the next 10 years. However, I want a backup plan. That plan is to acquire another 1st rounder for 2022. If Tua gets hurt or doesn't make that growth we would expect then we have draft capital to get one of the top QB's in 2022. Lets get speed and talent around Tua. Couple of keys additions to the defense and find the right OC for our team strategy.

Ja"Marr Chase please. Thats where we need to start.
The thing I donā€™t like about him is that he sat out a year, he missed his last college season. Another reason Iā€™d choose Smith over him, but I wouldnā€™t be mad if we drafted him for sure.

The thing I donā€™t like about him is that he sat out a year, he missed his last college season. Another reason Iā€™d choose Smith over him, but I wouldnā€™t be mad if we drafted him for sure.
What Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater for that matter? I'm not hearing the opt out argument about either one of these prospects. Only when it comes to Chase.

What Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater for that matter? I'm not hearing the opt out argument about either one of these prospects. Only when it comes to Chase.
Yeah, Iā€™m not crazy about that either For Sewell. Heā€™s lost a year of development. Might not matter in the scheme of things, but in particular with Chase and Smith, there are two prospects where it would have been nice to have seen film on both this year to compare. Also, a year off, will make their rookie year development slower potentially. Maybe not, but if your choosing two prospects and one has played and the other hasnā€™t and they are both blue chip prospects Iā€™d lean towards the one who had played his final season vs the one who sat out. Obviously, there are other factors. Iā€™m not concerned with Smithā€™s size, others might be.

Back
Top Bottom