What sides are you leaning to? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What sides are you leaning to?

Yeah, I’m not crazy about that either For Sewell. He’s lost a year of development. Might not matter in the scheme of things, but in particular with Chase and Smith, there are two prospects where it would have been nice to have seen film on both this year to compare. Also, a year off, will make their rookie year development slower potentially. Maybe not, but if your choosing two prospects and one has played and the other hasn’t and they are both blue chip prospects I’d lean towards the one who had played his final season vs the one who sat out. Obviously, there are other factors. I’m not concerned with Smith’s size, others might be.
I feel you there but I do remember that many were arguing that Chase was the best returning NFL prospect in college football. Me personally I remember what he did last year and I'm not going to have a knee jerk reaction because of a national championship game. I'd be happy with either one, especially via trade down I'd be ecstatic. But all in all it's not cutting dry for me, I'm still leaning towards Chase to be the better NFL player. A good problem to have sitting at number three for us I guess. 👊

The thing I don’t like about him is that he sat out a year, he missed his last college season. Another reason I’d choose Smith over him, but I wouldn’t be mad if we drafted him for sure.
I watched tape on both. We've got Tua. Hes undersized by certain pundit and fan opinions. Herbert is/was the perfect fit be it height/size and arm strength..blah blah blah. Our QB is still on hold and at a junction where he's still potentially a good QB but still a question mark. I see the Smith/Chase scenario as I did the Tua/Herbert from the last Draft. This time im going with the NFL tape measurables.
Im at the point where I prefer an actual stud quality WR that meets all the physical attributes that will stand up to NFL standards. Im a big Devonta Smith fan but im going with Chase who is know will be mint and be a quality WR and above all a safer bet over Smith.
Chase for me. Im done with taking a chance with our top picks. Chase is a legit top pick.

I'm all for Watson if the price isn't too steep... Tua, the #3, #35 and a 2nd next year. That's it.. Watson has them by the short hairs with the no trade clause if he really wants to be in Miami.

Sign Will Fuller and JuJu. Draft Harris or Pitts(if available.) at #18, or J. Williams in the 2nd.

As for Howard, everyone's tradable for the right price.

There's still plenty of dead weight to unload to clear cap room. McCain especially, too slow to cover ground as a safety, and too slow to cover any WR in the slot.

Resign Karras.

Pass on Watson

Keep Howard, we haven't had an all pro in a long time, injury concerns or not i'd like to keep him

Trade down from #3 to #5, draft D. Smith, and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick

Draft R. Bateman at 18 ( I love Bateman, IMHO he has a chance to be the best WR from this draft 5 years from now)

in the 2nd use our 1st pick to take either N Harris or J Williams, whoever is available

Extend Ogbah and enjoy a summer of using the Smoker and looking forward to another fun season.

The more of Bateman I watch and read up on the more I agree with him at #18. He is incredibly talented and under the radar I figure because he had a QB that won’t even be drafted throwing to him.

The more of Bateman I watch and read up on the more I agree with him at #18. He is incredibly talented and under the radar I figure because he had a QB that won’t even be drafted throwing to him.

He's definitely in the conversation for round 1, I would like a trade back to take him though and my first pick would have to be Sewell or Pitts because I believe a better to fill our needs is to combine a Chase/Smith/Waddle with a Toney/Wallace/Marshall or St.Brown because you can use a lesser pick on them.

I think he would be a solid add for sure too

an option at 18

Watson: No, price will be high and players play not pick GMs.

Howard: 2 x 1 round picks is attractive, especially if we were to pick up Surtain II and then trade Howard. Net profit of 1X first round pick.

#3 Pick: If we didn't trade and holding a gun to my head today, I am looking at (3) three players.
#18 Pick: Depends upon the board, like the Collins kid, he could be special. Rousseau is an interesting athlete, but is he more than that? Surtain II is a solid player, but I doubt he will be there @18.

Sewell is the safest pick, the kid looks and moves like Munoz in the 80's, I love what I see from him. 2 x QB's Wilson and Fields, so many questions that still need to be explored including whether Tua is more then he showed this year.

Jets for Watson is a good call, IF he is traded. I've watched a little (not nearly enough) of Collins's tape and I'm not convinced he's worth a first rounder tbh. Nor am I convinced we need to be spending a first on the LB spot, I want O and more O. I also don't want any other OT than Sewell, I don't see it as a need at all, Hunt and Jackson have enough potential to be developed, just Sewell is so damn good.
Jets? Terrible call.
After spending first half of the career in a dysfunctional organization, DW wants to close out his career in an even more dysfunctional organization....right.
Why ppl don't think for one second before posting is beyond me.

It's hard to say how much Watson would cost. We can talk about how much he should cost, but Houston gave Miami 2 1st's for a LT with a new contract on the horizon. They also traded Hopkins for pennies. I'm very interested in adding Watson, but you have to make sure you have the resources left over to build an offense for him. I don't see it happening, but Watson is special, and if you can get a special QB, you have to at least try to work a deal.

At 3, it's Fields/Wilson > trade down >>>> Smith/Chase > Sewell. I LOVE Smith, but I don't think he's going Top 5.

I like OT at 18 based on current projections - unless Waddle were to fall.

It seems the Dolphins are pretty invested in Tua, so I doubt they'd mortgage the future (by trading lots of picks) to replace him, even if it is a top QB. Rumor is that Ross was strongly behind Tua, and so I wonder whether Ross would be on board with a player who has already caused his coaching staff, organization, and owner to be called dysfunctional. Not saying they aren't ... just saying that I couldn't see Tua doing that to Ross. Since Ross knows what it feels like to have his billion dollar play toy called out as dysfunctional ... I suspect he would be loathe to bet the farm on bringing a guy in who carries a risk of revisiting being called a dysfunctional team and owner.

At the end of the day, we support Ross' team ... not he ours. I gotta think that Ross might be leary of Watson, and that's even before considering his salary demands right around the corner or the cost in draft picks to get him. I just don't see the Dolphins pulling the trigger on trading for Watson. GM Grier is on the verge of being crowned great for having built such a young and strong roster. Coach Flo is receiving plaudits and consideration for Coach of the Year for the second year in a row. The team is headed in the right direction, and this would be a dramatic shift and an all-in bet. Seems unlikely to happen, even if Watson did say he would consider us.

This will be an exciting offseason.

Let's all go on record on what side we lean towards on each of the relevant subjects so far.

Watson

Howard

What would you like the general strategy to be?

On Watson; I would just do my thing and wait until the Texans offer Watson and then deal w it. Period. Ignore it otherwise.

Howard; gimme a Top 16 pick + another 1st, otherwise I risk the hold out, try to convince him to play another year on this contract and renew next year.

#3, trade down, depending on Howard pick either a CB or WR.

#18, trade down also to maybe 24-25 and take Harris.

Stock pile value, whether players or picks, general rule. I want multiple picks in 2022 again.
As far as DW I'm definitely reaching out to gauge the cost. An analyst on ESPN.com said earlier that Tua #3 and #50 might be enough to get it done and if that's the case I'd make that deal yesterday. But I believe it probably takes Tua #3 #18 either #36/50 and probably a 2022 #1 or 2. Id be willing to give Tua 3 and 18 plus a 2022 2 but thats probably as far as I'm willing to go unless they want a sweetener like a 4th this year or next in which case I'd probably give em that. If the price is any higher than I'm probably out and I would do everything possible to keep our 2022 #1 I could get on board with giving 3 and 18 this year but I'm doing everything possible to not give away our 2022 #1.

As far as X it depends on if these rumors about him and his agent are true. If they really want to renegotiate after he just signed a new deal last year then I've got a problem with that. If he's even thinking about holding out than I'm trading him. I wouldn't expect to get 2 1sts for him but I need to get at one 1st this year or next plus a 3rd/4th at minimum. I'd be willing to deal him a tad cheaper just to get rid of him and get him out of the locker room if he's going to holdout and threaten to undo the established culture we now have in place. If no holdout is guaranteed by X then I'm more than likely keeping him unless we can get a Tunsil type offer.

#3 I absolutely want to trade down if at all possible but nothing below #9. Im looking at Detroit Carolina and Denver at 7 8 9 as my trade down partner but I want their 2022 #1. Even if all we get in a trade down is the 2022 #1 I'm doing it. By not dropping below 9 were virtually guaranteed to still get a premium player. If we can trade down I want WR first. I'd take Chase first but if he's not their then I'd take Smith. If neither are their I'm taking Parsons and if none of those 3 are their I'm taking RaShawn Slater or Jaylen Waddle. If we can't trade down I want Sewell without a doubt. If Sewell is gone and we can't trade down then take the WR at 3. I wouldn't want to as the value is just not their for a WR at 3 but we almost have too if Sewell is gone and trading down is not an option. So JaMarr Chase would be my pick.

18 presents us with a few options. Im definitely once again listening to all offers and if we can fleece even a good team for their 2022 #1 then Im doing that as long as we don't drop completely out of the 1st round. If no trade down and we used our 1st pick on WR then Im looking at LBs Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah and Zaven Collins. I grade JOK a tad higher but I'm fine with either as either will impact our D from day 1. If we went Parsons or Slater with the 1st pick Im going WR with Terrance Marshall or Rashod Bateman though I prefer TM. I know some think TM at 18 is a reach but i don't as I think he could end up being the best WR out of this class. I know alot of people are going to say tailback here at 18 but I just don't believe you take a tailback in round 1. The value is just not their when you can get a guy in rounds 2/3 that will produce just as well. Yes I agree that more than likely Etienne and Harris are gone by 36 but theirs options in round 2 like Kenneth Gainwell and JeVonte Williams.

Im all for trading down from both 1st round picks bc I'm looking at Tua. I want a backup plan in place in case Tua bombs next year or at the very least doesn't show us why he should get a year 3. If we have multiple 1st round picks again next year then we have the ammunition to get up high enough to get another QB. That's why I said I'd even take a 2022 #1 from a good team like Indy/Baltimore/Tennessee/Pittsburgh. Bc even if the 2 1st rounders next year were like 13 and 23 that still gives us enough ammo to get into the top 5 for a QB without us having to mortgage our own future 1st round picks which I absolutely don't ever want to do. I've been a Dolphins fan my entire life and I know how our luck is. As soon as we deal a future #1 then that season we will self implode or suffer a rash of injuries or something will go wrong and that #1 we dealt would be a top 3-5 pick so I'm not taking any chances.

Smith looks like the next Antonio Brown in terms of elite skill. Ill take him or Sewell at 3. Those are rare elite talents.

I understand people who dont want a rb at 18, but a star rb can change everything. I think Harris is a star RB. Not totally sold on Etienne there so id go lb if harris is gone.

I’m keeping Tua, even though I talk **** about him. I would trade down and then I would trade X.

Back
Top Bottom