What sides are you leaning to? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What sides are you leaning to?

1. Watson - Great QB, Signed a 4 year $156 million contract extension Sept. 5 2020. If he was any ounce of unhappy he missed his chance to become an UFA. Im sure a lot of nfl players are unhappy but most man up and don't QQ about it. I don't want anyone on the fins to just demand a trade whenever they want because their feeling were hurt. Grow up!

2. Howard - Love him. He deserves to be the highest paid corner. Would love him to stay a fin until he retires but that depends on Howard Flores and Grier. If anything I'd ask him to wait until the end of the 2021 season because of the decreased nfl cap this year.

3. #3 WR DeVonta Smith skills and his character are top notch. Sewell or Chase need to be evaluated first before I say draft them. Who knows if Sewell or Chase kept in shape this past year. Trade down in the beginning of a rebuild not the final stages! A value of an NFL prospect can't be evaluated until after they have been a pro

4. #18 WR or RB. It's time to say by to Parker trade for picks!

This draft needs to be Quality over Quantity!

FA Offensive Line a vet or two, WR Allen Robinson

Notes Get the best Offensive Line Coach available. Tua should work with Jordan Palmer.

It's hard to say how much Watson would cost. We can talk about how much he should cost, but Houston gave Miami 2 1st's for a LT with a new contract on the horizon. They also traded Hopkins for pennies. I'm very interested in adding Watson, but you have to make sure you have the resources left over to build an offense for him. I don't see it happening, but Watson is special, and if you can get a special QB, you have to at least try to work a deal.

At 3, it's Fields/Wilson > trade down >>>> Smith/Chase > Sewell. I LOVE Smith, but I don't think he's going Top 5.

I like OT at 18 based on current projections - unless Waddle were to fall.

Ideally, would you rather trade down or take the QB at 3? To trade down does if have to be some huge haul for you or will an "above average" offer get you of 3?

Good post.

I can't see Texas trading Watson, but if they are serious Miami needs to explore that.

With the Dolphins ready to contend, I'd take care of Howard. Howard is a huge part of this defense. It's time to keep talent and Miami is in a good position salary wise.

I think Grier could get a bundle for the #3 pick. If no trade, I'd draft Smith.

More doubtful we'll see trade offers at #18. I like Zaven Collins or Patrick Jones there.

That doesn't make sense, so we could solve two offensive issues via free agency yet you're not willing to give up tua and the number 3 and number 18 for Watson.
DW makes $30m ++++ there will be no FA if we trade for him. We will be cutting players to make room and then not having the draft picks to fill holes and make up for the players we cut.

this is an interesting scenario but you aren’t getting to 18 for that price and parsons is gonna have to really fail for football character which means Miami probably won’t even want him to be there at 18.

that Tulsa kid might get more in your range.
I think he means package those picks PLUS #18. #18 + #50 + #82 should get you right back into the thick of things for Parsons.

Ideally, would you rather trade down or take the QB at 3? To trade down does if have to be some huge haul for you or will an "above average" offer get you of 3?

QB for me. Fields and Wilson are really talented, and I'm not confident anyone from 2022 will be as good. To trade down, I'd want a future 1st to start the conversation.

DW makes $30m ++++ there will be no FA if we trade for him. We will be cutting players to make room and then not having the draft picks to fill holes and make up for the players we cut.
I disagree between Tua and Fitz it would make up most of DW's cap hit.

The breakdown is 15Mill being paid for Watson but 15 mill dead cap for trading Tua, so in essence you are right, and I have no idea how folks don't seem to get that second statement. Watson won 4 games with a more talented group of receivers than we had last year !! He'll have less talent if we trade for him this year. In 2022 it gets even worse, because he's going to cost 40 mill on the cap, 23 it's 43mill and 24 its 34 mill. How you build the pieces around that is going to be a job in itself.

Miami is in an ideal spot. The QB at #3 is so tempting. Teams are going to be calling.

Last edited:
The breakdown is 15Mill being paid for Watson but 15 mill dead cap for trading Tua, so in essence you are right, and I have no idea how folks don't seem to get that second statement. Watson won 4 games with a more talented group of receivers than we had last year !! He'll have less talent if we trade for him this year. In 2022 it gets even worse, because he's going to cost 40 mill on the cap, 23 it's 43mill and 24 its 34 mill. How you build the pieces around that is going to be a job in itself.
The economics of Watson's contract makes it almost impossible to trade for him.

Tua makes $30 mil over 4 years, Fitz signed for 8mil. Combined it's less than halve of DW's yearly contract.
So including Tua's dead cap, we'd only be having a 7-8mil cap hit for DW, we'd still be able to be players in FA just not as big. Salary means nothing it all comes down to the cap hit we take, we're probably just spinning our wheels anyway. Because it's probably highly unlikely that Houston moves on from Watson anyway.

QB for me. Fields and Wilson are really talented, and I'm not confident anyone from 2022 will be as good. To trade down, I'd want a future 1st to start the conversation.

J-off I respect the hell out of you, you know that but I am aghast at how you think the fins should do something literally no one has ever done before and draft a QB in the top 5 in consecutive years ! Unless you believe the right thing to do is also to give up on Tua and trade him for a first ? That's the only way this makes any sense. No one knows what we have in Tua after 9 games, no one is that good a judge. We are obviously desperate for weapons for any QB, giving up pick 3 for another QB, lessens that ability of course. Taking a $15mill dead cap hit on trading Tua pre June 1 (which you would have to get the pick back), hurts our ability to build the pieces around the QB.

If your idea is to let Tua and Fields/Wilson fight it out, how's that going to work ? No one thought it would be a good idea to have Rosen hang around Zona when they picked Kyler, why is it suddenly a good idea here ? If you use a #3 pick on QB your are replacing what you have at some point, everyone knows that. Apart from it being a criminal waste of prime draft stock, you are creating more division in a locker room that is clearly already split and more headaches to sort out down the line in terms of having to offload the loser, which is in all essence Tua, because the rookie (unlike Tua) will be given the benefit of the doubt in his first season, this bizarre charade will not be allowed to go onto a second season.

It doesn't make any sense, if you don't like Tua, that's fine, advocate to trade him away and draft Wilson (who's beaten no one in his college career and has literally one year of production against weak teams) or Fields (who ran away from Georgia where he couldn't beat out Jake bloody Fromm, 3rd stringer now at the Bills, and has at least 2 performances on his college resume, Northwesteran and Illinois that Tua isn't even close to in terms of stinking). But having them compete is sheer lunacy and as I said a criminal waste of prime resources.

Last edited:
J-off I respect the hell out of you, you know that but I am aghast at how you think the fins should do something literally no one has ever done before and draft a QB in the top 5 in consecutive years ! Unless you believe the right thing to do is also to give up on Tua and trade him for a first ? That's the only way this makes any sense. No one knows what we have in Tua after 9 games, no one is that good a judge. We are obviously desperate for weapons for any QB, giving up pick 3 for another QB, lessens that ability of course. Taking a $15mill dead cap hit on trading Tua pre June 1 (which you would have to get the pick back), hurts our ability to build the pieces around the QB.

If your idea is to let Tua and Fields/Wilson fight it out, how's that going to work ? No one thought it would be a good idea to have Rosen hang around Zona when they picked Kyler, why is it suddenly a good idea here ? If you use a #3 pick on QB your are replacing what you have at some point, everyone knows that. Apart from it being a criminal waste of prime draft stock, you are creating more division in a locker room that is clearly already split and more headaches to sort out down the line in terms of having to offload the loser, which is in all essence Tua, because the rookie (unlike Tua) will be given the benefit of the doubt in his first season, this bizarre charade will not be allowed to go onto a second season.

It doesn't make any sense, if you don't like Tua, that's fine, advocate to trade him away and draft Wilson (who's beaten no one in his college career and has literally one year of production against weak teams) or Fields (who ran away from Georgia where he couldn't beat out Jake bloody Fromm, 3rd stringer now at the Bills, and has at least 2 performances on his college resume, Northwesteran and Illinois that Tua isn't even close to in terms of stinking). But having them compete is sheer lunacy and as I said a criminal waste of prime resources.

I've said it in multiple other threads, so it'll sound to some like I'm repeating myself, but I view Tua, Fields, and Wilson as a range of outcomes. Tua could develop into a good QB and still be not as good as Fields or Wilson; Fields or Wilson could develop into good QB's but not be as good as Tua. The point is that none of us know how close each will get to his ceiling. If you draft Fields/Wilson, and Tua plays like an All Pro in 2021, Fields/Wilson will still hold immense value. I think that's how you extract the most value from a Top 5 pick.

I comprehended the question posed in the thread title as being restaurant related (/s).

If that were the case.... I'd double up on German Potato Salad... It almost lunch time... can you tell?

Back
Top Bottom