What sides are you leaning to? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What sides are you leaning to?

I've said it in multiple other threads, so it'll sound to some like I'm repeating myself, but I view Tua, Fields, and Wilson as a range of outcomes. Tua could develop into a good QB and still be not as good as Fields or Wilson; Fields or Wilson could develop into good QB's but not be as good as Tua. The point is that none of us know how close each will get to his ceiling. If you draft Fields/Wilson, and Tua plays like an All Pro in 2021, Fields/Wilson will still hold immense value. I think that's how you extract the most value from a Top 5 pick.
I get that line of thinking. If Miami believes Fields or Wilson have more upside than Tua, Grier should explore that.

I'm in the "get talent around Tua" camp. Tua showed enough as a rookie to believe he can advance his game with better pieces around him. I know he wasn't as dynamic as many expected, but his decision making was pretty impressive for a rookie.

Last edited:
this is an interesting scenario but you aren’t getting to 18 for that price and parsons is gonna have to really fail for football character which means Miami probably won’t even want him to be there at 18.

that Tulsa kid might get more in your range.
Based on the old value chart, the 6th pick is worth 1600 pts. The 18, 36, & 86 add up to 1620 pts. I know the worth of draft picks has changed a bit, but If the Fins want to move up for Parson,s or any other player on the board for that matter, they have the ammunition.

Based on the old value chart, the 6th pick is worth 1600 pts. The 18, 36, & 86 add up to 1620 pts. I know the worth of draft picks has changed a bit, but If the Fins want to move up for Parson,s or any other player on the board for that matter, they have the ammunition.

that’s my bad I thought you were saying get pick 18 for parsons for 36 and 86

I've said it in multiple other threads, so it'll sound to some like I'm repeating myself, but I view Tua, Fields, and Wilson as a range of outcomes. Tua could develop into a good QB and still be not as good as Fields or Wilson; Fields or Wilson could develop into good QB's but not be as good as Tua. The point is that none of us know how close each will get to his ceiling. If you draft Fields/Wilson, and Tua plays like an All Pro in 2021, Fields/Wilson will still hold immense value. I think that's how you extract the most value from a Top 5 pick.
I think how you extract the most out of the top five pick, is by trading it to a quarterback needy team that's trying to outbid one another. If Atlanta's coach isn't sold on Matt Ryan and the Jets take Sewell, there should be plenty of teams that are wanting to trade up to three to take a quarterback.

I watched tape on both. We've got Tua. Hes undersized by certain pundit and fan opinions. Herbert is/was the perfect fit be it height/size and arm strength..blah blah blah. Our QB is still on hold and at a junction where he's still potentially a good QB but still a question mark. I see the Smith/Chase scenario as I did the Tua/Herbert from the last Draft. This time im going with the NFL tape measurables.
Im at the point where I prefer an actual stud quality WR that meets all the physical attributes that will stand up to NFL standards. Im a big Devonta Smith fan but im going with Chase who is know will be mint and be a quality WR and above all a safer bet over Smith.
Chase for me. Im done with taking a chance with our top picks. Chase is a legit top pick.
I feel the same. I do have some concerns about him not having played in a year. Does he hit the ground running? or need half a season to get in form? Will he return to pre-COVID form? scary questions to ask at #3.

I appreciate that way of thinking J-off, but in all honesty the best the loser of that competition who reap is a first round pick, which we would have just used to draft Fields or Wilson. We would probably never get at top 3 1st round pick in return for the loser. If you rate them all the approx. the same as you seem to be suggesting here, why not just take one (which we have already) and see how it goes? This hedging your bets kind of approach doesn't make a lot of sense to be, one of the big issues will be as I said how that would play out in the locker room, it wouldn't be pretty with two distinct camps being formed.

My questions were rhetorical really, I'm not going to bug you for a response, don't feel you need to, respect your opinion and I will always bow to your judgement and evaluation of these prospects. I just don't agree with this approach you are suggesting. Let's see how it all plays out, got a feeling there will be a few twists in the road before we are on the clock there in April.

I find it hypocritical that many of the same individuals who were upset that Minkah Fitzpatrick demanded a trade and called him whiny, spoiled, and other names, now want to trade for a player who is doing the same thing with the Texans. I guess a player on another team demanding to be traded to the Dolphins is okay with these individuals but Fitzpatrick was wrong because he didn’t want to be a Dolphin.

Personally I never had an issue with Fitzpatrick demanding a trade if he wasn’t happy playing for the Dolphins and I still feel like he is one of the best safeties in the NFL. If Watson is not happy in Houston and the Texans are willing to work out a trade for him with the Dolphins or any other team in the NFL, I have no problem with that either.

I just hope those who were condemning Fitzpatrick for wanting to be traded won’t be the same people who will be jumping for joy if Watson is traded to the Dolphins after demanding a trade.

I find it hypocritical that many of the same individuals who were upset that Minkah Fitzpatrick demanded a trade and called him whiny, spoiled, and other names, now want to trade for a player who is doing the same thing with the Texans. I guess a player on another team demanding to be traded to the Dolphins is okay with these individuals but Fitzpatrick was wrong because he didn’t want to be a Dolphin.

Personally I never had an issue with Fitzpatrick demanding a trade if he wasn’t happy playing for the Dolphins and I still feel like he is one of the best safeties in the NFL. If Watson is not happy in Houston and the Texans are willing to work out a trade for him with the Dolphins or any other team in the NFL, I have no problem with that either.

I just hope those who were condemning Fitzpatrick for wanting to be traded won’t be the same people who will be jumping for joy if Watson is traded to the Dolphins after demanding a trade.
It wasnt that Minka did not want to be a dolphin. He didnt want to be in multiple positions every other snap. It wasnt working. He petitioned the finz brass over and over to just let him play safety. Even flo didnt listen.

The sqeelers said making him play safety was their only interest in him and the rest is history. How would minka be for us now? Fail on flo.

I am one of those who thinks Minkah Fitzpatrick is a whiny young princess... He SPECIFICALLY ADVERTISED himself as a jack of all trades, and then cried through his mama that it was too hard and that he wanted a trophy, and to not have to do what he'd specifically said he would do. Just one of the least successful attempts at manhood that I have ever seen.

Watson, on the other hand, has seen his team implode through extremely poor management and wants out. Completely different situation... That said, I am a HUGE believer in... 'you signed a contract, so you'd BETTER show up and fulfill it'. How Watson carries himself and HOW he asks for a trade will determine if I want anything to do with him. If he starts using his mommy to complain to Facebook... it's gonna be a big 'no' from me.

I am one of those who thinks Minkah Fitzpatrick is a whiny young princess... He SPECIFICALLY ADVERTISED himself as a jack of all trades, and then cried through his mama that it was too hard and that he wanted a trophy, and to not have to do what he'd specifically said he would do. Just one of the least successful attempts at manhood that I have ever seen.

Watson, on the other hand, has seen his team implode through extremely poor management and wants out. Completely different situation... That said, I am a HUGE believer in... 'you signed a contract, so you'd BETTER show up and fulfill it'. How Watson carries himself and HOW he asks for a trade will determine if I want anything to do with him. If he starts using his mommy to complain to Facebook... it's gonna be a big 'no' from me.
Actually it was Saban who claimed Fitzpatrick was a jack of all trades at Alabama, which he was. Yet that doesn’t mean that Fitzpatrick didn’t have the right to want to play a set position with the Dolphins instead of having to play all the positions in the secondary. The reality is the Dolphins don’t ask the members of their present secondary to move throughout the secondary the way they wanted Fitzpatrick to play.

I view the error in drafting Fitzpatrick for that role with the front office and not with Fitzpatrick. He is happy in Pittsburg because he knows every week what position he is going to play. I wish he had accepted the role Flores wanted him to play but I am not upset with him for wanting to play for a team where he could play one primary position in the secondary.

I liked Fitzpatrick coming out of college and was happy when the Dolphins drafted him. I wish it had worked out but it didn’t. I just wish that they could have gotten a player in the draft who was close in ability to Fitzpatrick for the secondary. Yet right now the players they drafted for the secondary, Iggy and Jones have a long way to go to be anywhere close to the player Fitzpatrick is.

Actually it was Saban who claimed Fitzpatrick was a jack of all trades at Alabama, which he was. Yet that doesn’t mean that Fitzpatrick didn’t have the right to want to play a set position with the Dolphins instead of having to play all the positions in the secondary. The reality is the Dolphins don’t ask the members of their present secondary to move throughout the secondary the way they wanted Fitzpatrick to play.

I view the error in drafting Fitzpatrick for that role with the front office and not with Fitzpatrick. He is happy in Pittsburg because he knows every week what position he is going to play. I wish he had accepted the role Flores wanted him to play but I am not upset with him for wanting to play for a team where he could play one primary position in the secondary.

I liked Fitzpatrick coming out of college and was happy when the Dolphins drafted him. I wish it had worked out but it didn’t. I just wish that they could have gotten a player in the draft who was close in ability to Fitzpatrick for the secondary. Yet right now the players they drafted for the secondary, Iggy and Jones have a long way to go to be anywhere close to the player Fitzpatrick is.
Well... it is safe to say that we will NEVER agree on this player.

I feel the same. I do have some concerns about him not having played in a year. Does he hit the ground running? or need half a season to get in form? Will he return to pre-COVID form? scary questions to ask at #3.
Agree with the time off comment. Im just hoping he's taking his NFL career seriously enough to stay in shape and stay focused. He's going under the radar. I just think he's a safer bet and his stats and playmaking ability is up there with any WR coming out. Hopefully Phins interview him and see where he is.

Back
Top Bottom