What tactic will Grier use on draft night? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What tactic will Grier use on draft night?

I'll say one thing for sure, they really do keep things close to the vest, which is as it should be in my opinion. It will be interesting who they traded back up for, or if they make another trade on draft day.

You're supposed to have your priorities in order when you're drafting.
You have your must, your needs and your wants.
Right now your must is playmakers on offense. WR/TE
Your needs are RB/Edge and maybe safety
Your wants, Center.....some will call this a need but I'm not sure yet as Skura has some talent and if he can stay healthy he could cover that need.

Now what will the team do?.......probably the total opposite.

I think Grier will look mostly to fill needs. Fortunately, Miami's biggest needs match the talent in the draft.

Wide receiver and offensive line, in particular, are strong positions.

Getting a pass rusher will be more of a gamble. I think some good players will emerge from this class of pass rushers, though, and hopefully the Dolphins will find one.

What tactic will Grier use on draft night?

Will we see BPA? positional value? Team needs?

last year 2 non-QBs were developmental players at positions of need and offered positional value. Swing for the fences.

In 2019 Wilkins character was needed as much as his skill set. Quite a safe pick.
He’ll see what transpires...if 1A) Pitts and 2A) Chase go off the board...he’ll attempt a trade down, in that scenario....if a trade down can’t be found he will pick from amongst Sewell, Waddle, Smith and Parsons!

He’ll see what transpires...if 1A) Pitts and 2A) Chase go off the board...he’ll attempt a trade down, in that scenario....if a trade down can’t be found he will pick from amongst Sewell, Waddle, Smith and Parsons!
but apparently we're taking Slater regardless!

according to Schrages

I think we have to go playmaker at 6. Sewell is possible, but I think the Bengals take him. At 18 it is probably front 7 on defense or OL. Paye, Darrisaw, Collins

After we spoke it was :
WR
LB/Edge
OL...

that's all I could get from him...although I did hear in the background talk about Paye and the center position was mentioned

Back
Top Bottom