What Team Would You Most Like to Resemble? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
The question was what team you would like it to resemble, not what franchise and their historical performance.

I too think TN will be very good next year. you need a well coached team, with chemistry.

Last edited:
IMO the driving force of that team was not Smith or Aikman or Irving (all great HOFers), but the lines on both sides of the ball, and JJ.

That O-line was ridiculous, and Johnson had the entire team executing like a well oiled machine.

I agree 100%.

I certainly agree with your overall statement about being perennially mediocre.

Not that I think the Titans are some dynasty in the making, or a blueprint for SB runs, but the whole construct of thier offense changed after RT became the starter. That tells me MM was worse than I thought, and I thought he was below average to begin with.

A tale of two cities, so to speak. Kind of a "best of times, worst of times" thing.

I wouldn't be shocked if they win 11 or 12 games next year, assuming the FA losses are not devestating.

I'm not sure its possible to maintain that kind of rushing attack every year. The punishment those guys take is hard to come back from.

We've all seen the good and bad Tannehill. Give the man time and he'll put the ball where it needs to go. But its hard to have any confidence in his ability to carry a team and in order to take that next step they're going to need him to do that more than a few times.

I think its very difficult in this era to emulate the Cowboys and Steelers of the previous generation who always seemed to have that mauling o-line and franchise back carrying it 20 times a game. Fans seem to still have it in their heads that this is more predictable year to year than a high octane passing attack but I don't think that's the case. One problematic knee takes the Rams from league leaders to below average in a single calendar year.

Back
Top Bottom